1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Silver Eclipse by Omnis Potens - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by sirius009, Mar 28, 2006.

1. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Title: Silver Eclipse
    Author: Omnis Potens
    Rating: T
    Pairing: none (leaning toward h/luna)
    Genre: General/Action/Adventure
    Summary: Harry witnesses his godfathers go through the Veil. But he can
    stop this, he can change it. He will change it. But fate has other
    plans it seems.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2864872/1/

Alright only one chapter but very promising start. Basically during the DoM fiasco harry tries to go back in time to save Sirius. But when he gets the Time Turner, DE's show up and send the killing curse at Luna, harry jumps in front of it and the time turner explodes sending harry and luna back into the time before the founders. Looks very promising because it looks like he actually takes on the name of Salazar Slytherin and Luna could possibly become Rowena Ravenclaw. However just like his other story it may start off strong and just get worse..

Edit by Minion, Dec. 10, 2012
    Dead link is dead. If you know where to find another copy of the story, please inform the library staff.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2012
  2. parselmaster

parselmaster Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Will have to take a look at, I have to get off the computer soon so I'm just copying everything so I can read it on my crappy Has-no-internet-thus-sucks computer. :::Growls at little brother who owns computer I'm currently on:::

3. poor, poor parselmaster

I'm parsel's brother, 2 bad 4 him, ITS MY COMP LITTLE BOY :twisted:

4. parselmaster

:headshot: :twisted:

Eat that Tony. And What the heck is it with the bunnies. They will never take me alive. Undead is fine though. Oh and I'M NOT LITTLE.

Oh and whoever's idea I just ripped off, sorry for taking it but it is really funny.

About the Fic, I find it pretty interesting, better written than most I've seen but it is still to short so I must reserve most judgement for now.

5. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Luna Lovegood is one of the greatest magical minds the world has ever seen? Dear god, save us all!

6. Myst

Myst Headmaster

If she is the greatest magical mind the world has ever seen, I think we are in Teletubbie land mm?

7. sirius009

If she is one of the most brilliant minds of all time than what does that make me? God?

8. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    If she is one of the most brilliant magical minds of all time then I'm a freaking Super-Duper God of all God thing. As for the story their in the past....WTF

9. sirius009

hey i give him credit for an original idea but hey if a six year old harry will eventually be the dark lord slytherin then maybe a six year old luna can become brilliant..

10. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

While i don't know about her being the greatest mind of all wizarding time, but she is misunderstood and under-rated at best.

11. razz

razz Seventh Year

This sux. The spelling and grammar is appalling.

:mid5

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Luna Lovegood is one of my favorite characters. I'd just be a little scared if she were Rowena Ravenclaw.

13. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I like the idea of what he's got, though im with Nemesis on the Luna point. Her being Ravenclaw like Sya mentioned is kinda unimaginable. The story does have potential minus the grammer and spelling i think that it could become a well worthwhile read, so hard to find decent time travel to the founders era fics bar Raven of course.

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

He explained Luna bering normal by having their bodies rebuilt. She was acting crazyer becaose of a potions accident when she was 2 or something.

As for the fic, not bad, but there are already stupid parts (like a 6 year old kid oppening a giant vault for 2 knuts and already having a family crest and guardians and special security measures to guard his precious 2 knuts...)...

15. Anomaly

Anomaly Guest

hey who wouldnt want massive intrest on all the money you save... and what guy wouldnt apreciate special security measures for thier knuts?
    not a bad fic so far but its only 3 chapters in.

16. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I found it entertaining. I actually found the fact that Harry gets a vault for such a little amount amusing. I think it can also be defended by the fact that we don't know how much a knut/sickle is worth in comparision in this timeline, and then there's the fact he was their first customer. Who's to say the Goblins haven't had enough experience with wizards outside of wars to recognize that children are probably not their best customers?

It is rather unbelievable, though. I just find the irony amusing, I admit.

I rather liked the Luna being Rowena Ravenclaw idea. I wasn't the slightest bit surpirsed by it, and it doesn't seem that unbelievable from the way the author described it. As it is, I like it better than their other fic, "Black Ascension". And while the grammar/spelling needs a bit of work, it's not bad enough that it bothers me or distracts me from the idea. I think it's worth a look.

17. I like it too. Now that it's been mentioned, the entire Luna-As_ravenclaw seems a little bizarre, but it works for me! I personally love Harry-goes-to-the-founders-times fics (Not that I've read many good ones...) but this really does seem to be starting off pretty good. I seriously hope it stays that way. I could never really picture Harry as being anti-muggleborns though. It'll be interesting to see how that one plays out...

18. sirius009

are you serious right now?

19. parselmaster

The spelling and grammer isn't to bad, just a few errors that I can see, Omnis is having his chapters corrected and reposting them though so I may be off in that statement.

So far the fic is pretty good. I just hopw it doesn't get abandonded like most of the fics I really start to like.

20. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

The fuck.

This story isn't even posted on FFnet anymore, and based on the summary, not sure it deserves to be in the library anyway. Will bump and let Mods decide.