1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Skin Game prompt thread. Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zeelthor, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Figured I'd put this one up, both for discussion of possible stories and suggestions. Go for it, fellas!

I'll get us started.

Dresden and Babiel on some wacky adventures. What's being done is less important, I'd just like to see someone's take on their interaction.

2. EkulTeabag

EkulTeabag Seventh Year

3. Zeelthor

Fuck you and your foolish opinions! The name is awesome and we're sticking to it.

Now contribute or mosey on outta here. :D

4. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Die in a propane and propane accessories fire, Zeelthor. Babiel is dumbshit and as soon as someone thinks of something better, I'm going to do my damnedest to forget it ever existed.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  5. frodrick

frodrick Slug Club Member

Michael is, for all his virtues, only human. When Dresden appears to fall before Nicodemus, he instinctively seeks to help his friend, to smite the evil before him.

Thus did the archangel formerly known as Uriel, Fall.

6. Zeelthor

I was wondering... Couldn't Lucifer have showed up, too? Especially since Uriel was weakened?

Then again, I suppose then Michael (the angel) would've arrived to kick his teeth in.

And fuck you, WD. I think it's an okay name until Butcher gives us one. :p

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

If by "okay" you mean "completely retarded", then yea, sure. Almost anything else would be better.

"Grace" is one I've heard that works, and it makes the same reference you're trying to without being utterly stupid in the process.

8. Zeelthor

Right. Less discussion about the name and more about prompts. I'd honestly like to see a fic with an unlikely friendship between Harry and Deirdre. Seems like a funny dynamic to me.

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    When Anduriel and Nic fought Michael within Hades' vault, they treated him like they always had: as a man. They forgot about the Grace he wore draped about his shoulders, unconfined to anything so plebian as a mere coin.

10. saevanus

saevanus Third Year DLP Supporter

Word Games

The Archive has a purview and interests to protect. The world also hates Harry Dresden.

"This is a courtesy call, Dresden. We want you to know it's nothing personal."
    "Huh," I murmured helpfully. It might've come off as clueless and sleep deprived, but I've had my fair share of vague and ominous phone calls. If anything, it was a bit like the city telling me to park somewhere else on street-sweeping-day. The voice took on a hint, a tiny hint of distaste. Mind you I'm a professional, and that's an important detail.
    "She wants you to know this isn't something she wants to do. It's something she must do." There was a professional finality to the statement, one I recognised.
    "Uhuhhh," I let out slowly, wakefulness surging like a cold breeze behind my eyes.
    "Best of luck, Dresden."
    "Wait, K–" The phone clicked, and I held it to my ear as it beeped once, then twice, and told me in a smarmy voice that if I'd like to make call, 'please hang up and try again.'
    "Jesus. Who calls at eight am on a Saturday," Karrin groaned from the other side of the bed as she rolled over. I'd known her to be bright and cheery by five–the monster–but she'd been getting some well deserved rest lately. A familiar feeling began tugging at the pit of my stomach, extending its oily tendrils up into my lungs as I began to breathe a bit more quickly.
    "Jared," I said icily, though my lips quirked at his first name. "Sounds like someone's about to bite it, but I shouldn't worry: it's nothing personal." She looked up at me blearily, smiling slightly. Probably waiting for the punchline, but I can't be 'on' all the time, gosh darn it! I slowly set the phone down on the blanket covering my lap. She sobered quickly, rubbing her eyes with the back of her fist, eyes narrowing.
    "Wait, what?"

Plot bunny I inexplicably felt inspired to write.
    For my two-cents, I'd go with Bob-ette, for discussion purposes only.

11. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Harry 'o Lashs Love Youngling = Holly... damn that was a tortured acronym. But still, I like the irony of naming a love child of a wizard and a fallen angel Holly.

12. Diomedes42

Diomedes42 First Year

I've decided to call the new Intellect Spirit Dana. Because Dana Scully->Skully->The wooden skull that she's currently inhabiting.

13. Zeelthor

Heh. Nice.

If someone's in the mood for something less serious, a Eurotrip-style story where Kincaid and Dresden chase Ivy around when she's decided to get some life experience.

14. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Are Archangels like Uriel immune to Nemesis? If not. There's an idea.

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If they are immune, I doubt they are when they give away their Grace...

16. pidl

pidl Groundskeeper

Then God just kills the infected Uriel and gives his grace to a new one.

17. Aekiel

High Score:
    Which would allow a metric ton of evil acts to be committed in kind by the Fallen. Not the Denarians, the Fallen themselves. That's not the way God works in the Dresdenverse; He seems to take a very laissez faire approach to things. We can't even be sure we've seen him act at all in the series, just the angels and archangels that get involved occasionally.

18. Zeelthor

I doubt nemesis is able to infect folks willy nilly. Even if her got to uriel, once he got his grace back, I assume he'd kick nemesis out.

A prompt... Dresden imagines the havoc his m-preg spirit kid would cause if it sought out maggie. Could make for a cool maggie-centric story.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  19. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

"If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

Seriously, God (or god, whatever) doesn't take an active role in things, instead leaving that to the Angels (or angels, whatever) to guide mortal agents.

20. Aekiel

High Score:
    Why would an infected Uriel want to get rid of Nemesis? More likely than not he'd use his power in a way he's not supposed to and Fall. Possibly taking a galaxy or two with him.