1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned So Sue Me by Lunakatrina - K+

Discussion in 'Humor' started by Shezza, Jul 16, 2006.

1. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Title: So Sue Me
    Author: Lunakatrina
    Genre: Humour
    Rating: K+
    Chapters: 17
    Words: 44,383
    Updated: January 5, 2007
    Published: June 23, 2006

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3003214/1/
    Summary: My take on Harry's first year, starting with him getting his letters, add a lot of sarcasm, stir, and serve cold

This is easily one of the best SmartArse!Harry stories I have ever read. I finished this about two minutes ago and I'm still chuckling. Seriously, go and read this...it'll be worth the ten minutes it takes....

A few quotes for some incentive to read....and this is just the first chapter!

Harry rolled his eyes and opened the door, staring at the two men and the woman behind it…mainly at their strange dress. They wore long draping…dresses? Mainly black, and the old man who couldn’t be less than two hundred with a beard doing down to there was dressed in bright green and magenta with a tall pointed hat that effectively countered his beard. Harry tilted his head and fought the urge to slam the door shut.
    “What in hell are you selling?”
    "May we come in, my dear boy?” The old man asked, his bright blue eyes twinkling in a very freaky manner.
    “Not until I get a background check,” Harry replied, “and some credentials.”

“The name Voldemort,” they flinched, Harry decided he was going to have to see if that worked on everyone, “frightens many people,” Dumbledore explained. “They prefer to refer to him as you-know-who.”
    “But if you were planning a surprise party,” Harry asked, “would everyone think you were throwing a party for Voldemort? Like: what are you getting you-know-who for the you-know-what’?”
    Dumbledore tugged on his beard, and replied thoughtfully, “Well…”
    “Or what if you were talking to someone about their crush,” Harry asked, “would everyone think you wanted to go with Voldemort? Like: ‘You know who will definitely like that dress on you.’”
    “I don’t—”
    “Or what if your friends were talking to you about someone you didn’t like,” Harry proposed, “would you think they were talking about Voldemort? Like: ‘you won’t believe what—”
    “In those cases!” Dumbledore interrupted loudly, “he is referred to as he-who-must-not-be-named.”
    “Oh, yes,” Harry muttered, “that’s definitely better; you have no idea how much that cuts down on confusion.”

“Well, my dear boy—”
    “What are you a pervert?” Harry demanded, “Because I can assure you, I’m not your dear anything…unless you pay in me in small countries and magical creatures. Then I’m sure we could work something out.”

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2012
  2. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

This is great. I thought the little rant about Weasels was a little too malicious on his part, but other than that I couldn't stop laughing. This is one of the best humor fics I've read recently. Definitely recommended.

3. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

Very entertaining to read, I’ve never read of this kind of Harry. Words cannot describe the fic.
    Recommended!

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Best story i've read in a while.

5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Heh, great! It just remains to be seen how she'll handle PS plot; if she manage to make it original enough, this just might turn into the best AU stories since Hero's Path.

6. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Really good start, want to see more.
    But one thing...Harry Wizard, this part i find just plain stupid, not funny anymore
    5/5

7. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

This quote had me laughing all right. I'm only on the second chapter and it's rapidly becoming one of my favorites. Pass!

EDIT: The shopping in Diagon Alley wasn't too funny but the potential is there.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2006
  8. zenaku

zenaku First Year

Other then some grammatical mistakes, I really liked this story. Harry is freaking hillarious. Voldemrot indeed.
    The only thiing I wonder is, how did he get so verbose? I mean, I doubt he would have learned the big words from the Dursleys:D

9. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

This is, quite frankly, absolute genius. Hilarious as hell and, despite the constant grammatical mistakes, the best AU fic I've read since Shake Me. I'm just in love with this sarcastic Harry.

10. FantasyDuck

FantasyDuck Second Year

Yeah, it's funny. I just hope that the relationship between Harry and Ruebella won't become too sweet.

11. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

Thought it was funny with a sarcastic harry, but didn't really seem to go anywhere as a story. Not much plot other than the author trying to make Harry have witty and sarcastic replies to what everyone says. Interesting but not serious enough to make it a decent story in my opinion.

12. lunakatrina

lunakatrina Guest

Hey, I was just pointed here by a friend of mine, and may I just say that I'm very flattered that you're recommending my fic...I'm honestly very surprised whenever I get such positive feedback, and I'm amazed whenever I find it outside of ff.net.

Um...and I don't really know what else to say (except to apologize for my grammatical errors, which I would fix if they were pointed out to me -hint, hint-) so just thanks for all the feedback everyone!

lunakatrina

13. Kari Black

Kari Black DA Member

This was hilarious. It doesn't have much it the way of plot so far, but it should get put in the library for how funny it is alone.

14. Master Slytherin

While I (and many others I'm sure) would err love to pick out every single grammatical error you made, why not see if it's easer, faster and cheaper to use www.perfectimagination.co.uk?

15. lunakatrina

lunakatrina Guest

*laughs* Thanks for the site, I'll check it out...had no idea there was a beta site, but there's a site for everything else, right?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2006
  16. Master Slytherin

*raises eyebrow* Yes...everything....

/watches as lunakatrina deletes the history on whatever internet provider she's using.

17. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Excellent fic. Definitely looking forward to more.

18. Brooklynight

Brooklynight Seventh Year

I love this fic, its well written and one of the funniest that I have ever read. My only concern is that the author not let themselves become preoccupied with the humor and put together a decent and original plot and not simply rewrite SS. I'll definetly follow it but Hogwarts is really whats going to make or break this fic.

19. Moloch

Moloch Groundskeeper

Haha, this is a nice turn of events from Draco666's angry Harry, funny as hell this and I hope it gets better along the way. The Voldemrot scene was the best.

20. Random Guy

Random Guy Raptured to Hell

This is an excellent story. My only concern is the pairing if their is one. It might be slash because the author wrote one HPLV story.