1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spamming Imposter at FF.net.

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zevrillion, May 24, 2005.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

It has come to our attention that Someone has been imposing as Lord Rawenclaw at FF.net and has posted inappropriate accusation in his/her rewiew against Master Slytherins story, Harry Potter and the freelance hero.

Here is what someone reviewed or go directly to the page:

Because of that Master Slytherin wrote this as a response here on DLP.net:

I haven’t talked to LR yet but when he comes online I am sure he will verify that it wasnt he who wrote this.

Here is some mistake the spammer has done:

1, LR is an admin on this board and not a mod. I don’t think he would forget something like that.

2, darklordpotter.net is Midknight and not LR.

3, mysiteis@Darklordpotter.net is not a valid email address.

4, I don’t think LR would write something like this. I have talked to him a lot and I seriously doubt he would do something like this. He even made this review on Harry Potter and the freelance hero.
    This is very disturbing for LR and Midkight and this board. This can give us a bad reputation. As a result to this I will email the admins on FF.net and ask them to look up that user’s ip and Ban he/her from FF.net.

I can understand that you are angry about this Master Slytherin but in the future please don’t use that kind of language here on the board. If you still want to tell someone what you think. Please do it behind closed doors = PM (Private Message). And this count for all of you out there.

I hope this will fix and clear things up and I hope this won’t happen in the future.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

How very insulting. I can verify that this was not me behind the review, though I find the fact that Master Slytherin insulted me, even though it was easy to determine that it was indeed not I who posted it, rude and demeaning.

What the person is even more demeaning, however it should be apparent to all that it is a moron who wants to be me masquerading about, due to the fact it is an anonymous review.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I've responded to him,

I don't know which is more upsetting, the fact that someone bothered to do this, and try to drag LR and the site into it for no apparent reason, or M.S's response to it, which is really overblown considering some of the reviews ppl get every day.

I'm not overly bothered someone used my FF.net name anon, it wasn't a jab at me, since they obviously have no clue who's who. It's just a nobrainer to connect the screenname to the site, which is why I picked it, to help advertise the site, even so I posted the above to make it clear I had nothing to do with it.

Some ppl are really just trouble makers for no good reason.

4. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

*sigh* ... this is just plain stupid... and a good example of why i dislike most people... idiots .. the lot of them.. >_>

6. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I apologise profusely to Lord Ravenclaw. I do not have the patience or excellent observations of Zevrillon; I am too hotheaded. Now that I think of it, I didn't think that a fellow author would make such hideous grammatical errors. I should have ignored it and I apologise again to Lord Ravenclaw. I have calmed down and realise I was a prat. :oops: :cry:

FF.net cannot ban this person because he is annonymous. :x He is an immature little berk and I will take down his reviews.

I was unaware of Lord Ravenclaw's position here but I knew he co-founded it or something, so I didn't pick up on this fact.

Once again I apologise for my childishness to Lord Ravenclaw and everyone else. I should change my name from Master Slyterin to Stupid Gryffindor.

Master Slytherin (aka Stupid Gryffindor)

P.S. Please Update Era of Hogwarts, It's really good!

7. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

WTF what jackass to LR good luck finding that jerkwad

8. Zevrillion

I don’t know how FF.net work but if they reg ipnr they could ban the ipnr of the anonymous poster. Sadly a lot of people use dynamic ip and we don’t want to ban the wrong guy, so it’s not very good to only ban the ip.

They could also look up that ipnr and see if a registered user has the same nr. If so they could take a look at what that person has posted before and see if this has happened before and delete his/her account.

I don’t really think this would solve anything but next time he/she might rethink what they are doing.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

WHy would some do somethign so stupid, and gay. It makes me mad that we try to get this site going and somebody goes and makes us look like asses. It's probably some punk faget who thinks hes funny. At the moment we can't do much about it except make sure he doesn't do it again.

LR you didn't by any chance give some one a bad review or say something mean did you. THis could be why the little **(*(% did this.

Master Slytherin, we here at the Darklordpotter.net are very srry this happened. I for one enjoy you stories very much and haveit is bookmarked on my favorites one every computer in my house.

If this faget posts on here we can trace ip address and ban it from the site.

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

I rarely review at all, and when I do it isn't a bad review.

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Same, I've ripped into a few ppl this weekend so far myself.

12. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I know what you mean. this sort of childish behavior is what starts alot of trouble between people. Did FF.net ever ban the person?

13. Zevrillion

No. They haven’t even answered the mail I sent to them. Maybe it was the wrong address but it was the only one I could find. support@fanfiction.net. I seriously doubt now that they will do anything. I am really disappointed how they just ignored my email. But what can you expect from admins who delete stories without reading them.

14. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

I think that Abuse@fanfiction.net would be the better addy. espically if they are pretending to be someone else. try it. it might actually work. at least I hope it does.

15. Zevrillion

ok I will try that one. Thanks for the help. Hopefully they will respond to that address.

16. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

good luck and let me know what happens.

17. Vecna

Vecna Fourth Year

=( Don't think it will work FF.net is gone downwards alot over the years.

Not open for further replies.