1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[SPOILER THREAD] Final Fantasy XV

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

SPOILER THREAD

So, wow.

It's been a little under a day and I'm still reeling from the emotional aftershocks of the game. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It kicked my heart right in the dick, even though I sorta knew it was coming in my gut.

What was everyone's opinions on the game? Both mechanics wise, and narrative wise.

2. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I loved the mechanics, although I wish that certain things were better explained numbers wise, namely the regen accessories along with AP/EXp from actions telling how much you got per action. I think magic is unbalnced as fuck for mods, Quint Cast is just flat out hte best mod by far. I want more hack and slash RPGs from Square. I hope we firmly leave ATB behind in favor of this. That said... I get the feeling they'll need a better way to practice and maybe lower AP costs, I've seen teh number 30k for roughtly how much AP you need to max out. On the other hand, thanks to the different trees, it makes challenge runs easy since you can just say a X,Y, and Z tree only runs. Along with only using certain weapon types as a challenge run.

As for the narrative, I loved it. And I agree with you, kicked in the feels non-stop after you leave Lucis. That said, the chapter in the swamp (9?) was terrible to play even if I understand WHY it was like that. As for the characters, I like how close they felt and the degree of interaction they had. I wish other Final Fantasies had that, I feel certain characters in FF12 would be less hated if they had this degree of interaction.

As for the side questing and such, I kind of wish there were more spaced out, it feels like after Chapter 3 you get 70& of the game thrown at you which of course leads to the thing I see complained about a bit, the fact you will over level, if they were spaced out a bit more then maybe this would be less an issue, I get why they didn't though, they wanted to enforce the moving forward after Altissa for the sake of the plot.

As a last thought... I really wish Royal Arms weren't %HP based so that late game you could use them nearly freely and that the Ring of the Luci didn't cost Max HP to use.

3. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

So what the hell is Prompto exactly? Some cloned magitek experiement or a human being modified with the virus? Too many things with this story that they just introduce and don't bother fully fleshing out, would have been interesting to see what became of the World of Ruin and the new Lestallum.

4. Varios

Varios Third Year

I feel like the interaction betwene the four leads was absolutely phenomenal but you can tell chunks have been ripped out the story from chapters 7 onwards.

Not seeing how Ignis was blinded, why Gladio left to go hunt on his own and wtf is going on with Prompto all really detracted from the story in my eyes.

Lunafreya feels pretty 2 dimensional and I can understand how the dev's wanted us to feel crushed by her death but it just seemed pretty standard for me.

I REALLY wish Ardyn had been fleshed out as a villain because I fucking adored his design although the whole Revenge thing also needed expanded on.

The ending however was fucking phenomenal and the campfire scene was a severe gut punch.

Loved Noct's journey and growth as a character.

They could have done A LOT more with the 'World of Ruin' which wasn't really expanded upon because the game was obviously rushed

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I finally finished the story. I fucking lost it when i started going through the album at the end and had to pick one photo. Blubbering like a little bitch...

Why can't we have happy endings anymore?!

Noct is, without a doubt, the coolest, most badass FF protagonist by a fucking mile. That Leviathan fight, holy shit.

Older Noct too, with the beard and King's Regalia... So fucking cool.

But yeah, it's obvious where the higher ups put their foot down and told Tabata to just finish the game.

AND OH GOD AS I TYPE THIS THEY'RE AROUND THE CAMP FIRE HERE COME THE WATERWORKS AGAIN

Edit: OH FUCK OFF WITH THAT HAPPY ENDING TEASE

6. Varios

Varios Third Year

The ending was fucking phenomenal, the campfire scene had me going

7. Gengar

High Score:
    Only need to max out the skills and kill the Adamantoise for the platinum. Does the Ada need a specific hunter rank to kill? I haven't actually checked. I think I'm only 5 rn.

BTW, that feeling when you take the Regalia to the skies for the first time was brilliant! It almost made me briefly forget that utterly horrific, tragic ending.

No I didn't fucking like it. #NotMyFantasyToBeSad

I mean, seriously, when was the last FF with a 'happy' ending?

8. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

Final Fantasy 12 had a pretty happy ending, really only 10, 13 and 15 don't. And 14 1.0 I guess.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    There's 3 games in '13'. I never finished 12. Got to the end and instead of killing end boss, I just did that super hard bounty, lol

Oh, and Jon, best girl is obviously Luna - not because I think she's the literal 'best girl', but because NOT picking her FEELS wrong. LOOK AT WHAT SHE SACRIFICED.

I might have said Aranea if she got more than three seconds of screen time. Who knows? Iris? Eh. Off limits. Cindy has the Nikumi factor - which is a negative for me.

(the correct answer in a FF game is always Shiva)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016
  10. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Apparently there is a full model of an older Hunter Iris... cut content RIP.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Bet she's in the dlc

12. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I think I like the game, despite its many, many flaws. It was definitely rushed to completion, and I didn't understand any of the story (without reading wikis), nor did I really understand combat (spam elixirs and button mash?), but ... I like it.

The final scene was incredibly weird when my final picture was a snapshot of Iris. Gladio had a custom line for choosing it too, which was hilarious. OT3?

13. Tairi-chan

Tairi-chan Squib

High Score:
    The story is great, as it in most Final Fantasy games, but the characters, on the other hand... They are bland in appearence. Especially Noctis. His Versus XIII version is far more sexier. Why Square Enix changed his perfect look?