1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Stalker Zero by TheannaTheWhite - M - Familiar of Zero/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Rayndeon, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Title: Stalker Zero
    Author: TheannaTheWhite
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Supernatural
    Fandom: Familiar of Zero/S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
    Summary: Failing the Springtime Familiar Summoning was fate for Louise de la Valliére, but nothing could have prepared her for the consequences. While Tristain becomes a twisted shadow of its former self, Louise finds herself in a world where nearly everything is out to kill her and the fabric of reality has been warped beyond recognition. Welcome to the Zone, Louise.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9250630/1/Stalker-Zero

There's a rewrite, link here - Zombie

One of the more Familiar of Zero fics, this involves Louise (and eventually others) reverse summoned to the Zone. No Saito in this fic at all, by the looks of it (hard to see how he could end up in Chernobyl in the first place anyway). Siesta, who had also been reverse summoned, ends up acting as a mentor/best-friend to Louise from the beginning. Siesta seems virtually unrecognizable, personality-wise, from her canon characterization, but there's a good reason for why that's the case.

Somewhat of a 'loss of innocence' fic, in that Louise is quickly forced to readjust her priorities. Magic does make an appearance in the Zone, but it's relatively few and far between, since Louise doesn't end up coming with her wand.

I'd give it a 4.5/5, for just how enjoyable the story is in general, the Louise/Siesta interactions (non-romantic, thus far anyway), and Louise's gradual breakdown. The Zone isn't a place for 16-year old girls and this fic does a good job demonstrating it without becoming overly angsty. Very action-packed too, as one might expect of the Zone.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
  2. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    STALKER is one of those series that needs far more fanfics.

I've never read Familiar Zero however, is it worth reading this fic without that knowledge?

---------- Post automerged at 18:00 ---------- Previous post was at 17:58 ----------

Just reading through the FZ wikipedia pager, does Void have anything to do with the Zone? It also seems like having Saito in the story would have been interesting if the plot was about them escaping the Zone so he could escape home.

3. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

This story is one of my favourite FoZ fics which I've been following for a while. Instead of seeing yet another overpowered character from whatever universe stomp Guiche for the bazillionth time, this story is about Louise (and everyone else) being thrown into a world that really puts them out of their depth.

The outwardly arrogant Louise, who internally feels a complete lack of self worth, thrown into a situation where being a worthy noble is the last of her issues. I really like this sort of concept, and the development that Louise goes through.

Mostly though, it's just a fun, action packed story with some cool interaction between Siesta and Louise, and all the other characters. It really has little in the way of overall plot, and it's more about the character development and relationships. And to its credit, it didn't get boring for me after 233,000 words (unlike every other lengthy FoZ fic).

I'd give it a 4/5. Brought me a decent amount of enjoyment, without being critically special or complex.

@Download I've never read/watched FoZ either, and it's one of the fandoms I read a lot of. Just read the basic blurb of the story, a bit about the main characters (Louise, Siesta, Kirche, Montgomery, Tabitha) and the rest you'll easily pick up. Canon wasn't especially complex.

4. Download

High Score:
    12 chapters in and i have to say this is pretty good. This is probably the only stalker fic I've found tolerable.

Finished reading. I give it 4/5

Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
  5. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The link is apparently dead and I haven't had a chance to check if I archived it. Odds are I didn't, since I haven't kept up with the other fandoms section.

6. Download

High Score:
    The authors profile picture has been changed to some SS troops and the name replaced with AAAAAASSS1. I assume he's been hacked and it will be back soon.

7. Download

High Score:
  8. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes! People are always recommending this for FoZ, speaking of can I read this fic without knowing STALKER?

9. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Nice! This is probably one of my favorite ZnT stories and I'm glad to see it's coming back—and apparently being revised / updated.

Yeah, pretty much. Louise gets a crash course from hell and has to learn the ropes regarding the Zone and the way it plays out is such that most readers should have no problem following the STALKER half of the crossover. There are some references that won't have the full narrative impact (e.g. Strelok) if you aren't familiar with STALKER, but in general you should have no issues.

10. Download

High Score:
    The story will spoil the plot of all three games so I'd recommend actually playing the games.

11. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Thanks for that!

This was one of those comfort stories that I usually feel like going back and rereading. Was pretty sad to see it disappear off Fanfiction.net when the author's account got hacked.

Nice to see it back up.

Edit: Or rather, just the first chapter apparently...

I guess the author wants to re-edit each chapter before reposting.

12. Download

High Score:
    Someone only a few days ago uploaded a backup to FF.net

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12251081/1/TheannaTheWhite-s-Stalker-Zero