1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Trek

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Odran, Aug 17, 2016.

1. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Essentially, I'm looking for Star Trek fanfiction.

I've recently hit that time of the year when I picked up something from Star Trek to rewatch (TNG in this case), but then I also realized that I wanted more than just what I could watch in the official TV series. So I figured, why not look to fanfiction for that? Sure, there's tons of official books I could read, but all in all, I'm not interested in those.

I'll be frank, I'm not a fan of Voyager or Enterprise. That said, any fanfiction anyone here recommends doesn't have to fall into the usual settings of DS9, TNG, VOY or ENT. I'd be fine with complete OCs even, so long as everything else is good.

What I would really like to read the most are AU takes on the setting. Not necessarily Mirror Universe shenanigans. Just - points of divergence leading to a different history taking shape. If those PODs happen to involve Romulans or Klingons mixed up with humanity in a way that's not in line with the official canon, all the better.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Try Unity by Chuck on sfdebris.com

He does reviews mostly but one long epic 6 part story. It's linked on the front page.

3. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Probably should have mentioned in the OP that I'm not interested in crossovers.

Certainly not of Star Trek/Star Wars kind.

4. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I'm a huge trekkie but I always veered towards reading the novels. To me they're essentially fanfiction with permission and while many of them aren't good there's still more of a bar against bad ones than ffnet will ever have.

That said, I've gotten a few good Star Trek recs from DLP members. Hopefully some of them will pop up to post, and if not then maybe I'll make more of an effort to find them for you.

5. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Disclaimer: I've never watched any of the Star Trek shows/movies fully and they're fairly old, so take these recommendations with a pinch of salt.

Here are the ones I have in my favorites.

---

StarTrek: Enterprise

Divergent Paths by Rigil Kent

Two officers, believed killed in action, are stranded on a prewarp planet and must work together to survive while the rest of the NX-01 crew learn to carry on without them. AU season 2-4, Very TnT.

Rated: T - English - Adventure/Drama - [T'Pol, C. Tucker] [J. Archer, E. Hernandez] - Size: 125/293,167 - Reviews: 2,119 - ♡332 ☆403 - Published: 9/8/2007 - Complete - id: 3712767

---

Star Trek: 2009

The Wrong Place at the Wrong Time by Jedi Buttercup

In some ways, she's been bracing herself for this call from the day Jimmy was born.

Rated: T - English - Family - J. Kirk, Winona K. - Size: 1/2,689 - Reviews: 34 - ♡180 ☆9 - Complete - id: 5212672

-

you were a solar flare, pointed my way by Mira-Jade

He was a young sun to her senses, and for a moment, it was glorious to blaze on in the heat of him. Gaila/Kirk, Origins

Rated: K+ - English - Humor/Romance - Gaila, J. Kirk - Size: 1/1,507 - Reviews: 6 - ♡31 ☆3 - Complete - id: 7452521

---

I would have recommended Lost In The Woods by Ardwolf if you were okay with Firefly crossovers.

6. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

Cheers, @NuitTombee for those recs, I'll look them up.

Anyway, you're free to recommend whatever you want, including crossovers, to someone else, it's just that I myself am not interested in reading those. This thread isn't solely for me to find Star Trek fanfiction, all other are welcome too. So you could just as easily recommend ST fanfics which don't fall into the search parameters I've listed in the OP.

7. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I'm also getting a craving for Star trek fics, must be all the talk of a new series.

Tried that Divergent Paths but the shipping in that is just painful and from checking ffn it's apparently par of the course.

Are there any stories that aren't just the authors personal wank material?

8. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Wait what??? :fire

Pretty sure 99% of all ST fics are slash. It's like dredging through a landfill.

9. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's hard to criticise the amount of slash in the ST fandom when they were the first major fanfiction community (paper fanzines in the '60s) and Kirk/Spock is the reason we call it "slash". K/S has always had a heavy influence in that fandom.

10. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Yes but you would think like there would be other types of stories too but there is almost none.

11. Tilius

Tilius Muggle

12. Sanji Himura

Sanji Himura Squib

High Score:
    I actually have a few TNG/Naruto crossovers that I can recommend you (if you can stomach them) and a self-promotion.

Since I will link these by publish date, I'll go ahead and square away the self-promotion first (since I did break new ground in the crossover fandom). This one starts in the direct aftermath of the battle of Veridian III where the Enterprise-D is successful in battle against the Duras sisters. However, the crash caused the planet's natural defenses to go down, exposing the fact that they have crash landed somewhere near civilization (Konoha). A ninja suddenly sneaks aboard the crashed saucer section and stowed away baby Naruto amongst the wreckage and flees back to the village. Q, furious at first, demanded that the crew take baby Naruto with them when they leave the planet. A Federation hearing takes place, where Naruto is left in the care of Captain Will Riker and his wife, Deanna Troi. Naruto then joins Starfleet and is fast tracked to become First Officer on the USS Thunderchild. It is a fun little story if you can suffer a major faux pas on my part (you will know it when you see it). The story is called Naruto Riker on FF.net.

The last two basically share the same premise, but the reason for going is different and the pairings are different. First up is Naruto and Sakura's five year mission by Cmartin-Panda Productions. In this one, Picard needs a couple of bodyguards after his encounter with the Borg, and the ANBU team of Tenchi (Naruto and Sakura) are hired to do the job. This story contains sexual situations/lemons, and also has a sister fic called Sakura's trip with Q.

The other story is To Boldly Go: A Naruto-Star Trek Epic by SageModeSasuke. This story sees Planet ELEMENT dying, and the only ones who can save it are Naruto, Hinata, Sakura and Sasuke (who's blind). They are sent to the Enterprise to journey to Earth to secure assistance from the Federation after the Enterprise answers a distress beacon that was left on the planet by an earlier crash landing/First Contact. The pairings, if you so care, are Naruto/Hinata and Sakura/Sasuke.