Star Wars Battlefront II

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Johnnyseattle, Apr 12, 2017.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
  2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

What would be an expected number?

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Hard to say for sure considering game companies usually keep a pretty tight hold on sales numbers, expectations, and budgets, but in the past EA has considered games like Dead Space abysmal failures for having "only" four million sales.

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    Wikipedia says BF 2015 was released in mid-November and sold 12 mln copies as of December 31st 2015, so 6 weeks.

BFII has been out for 4 weeks and sold less than 1 mln retail. Let's be generous and assume that retail is 25% of total sales. That would put it at under 4 mln. Let's assume it will sell again that number in just 2 weeks left in the year because of Ep VIII hype. That would put it at 8 mln, which is a number I'm pulling out of my ass, vs BF 2015's 12 mln.

BFII is a sequel with massive hype, compounded with the hype of a massive movie, compounded with the hype of one of the most beloved IPs in the world. It should be making all the monies right now. It isn't. That's a victory.

5. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not generous, I remember reading that on average, in the US, retail is right around 25%.

Factor in sequels on the same hardware always selling more yeah, this is a huge loss.