1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Andro, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

I'm aware that the fanfiction community of Star Wars is not comparable to Harry Potter/Naruto/etc., but I was wondering if anyone was willing to recommend any reads? The only two that I've read that were of a decent length, and were absolutely mind-blowingly well-written were The Shadow of Vader and Fall of the Sith. Both are epic, and the author of Fall of the Sith could have been Mathew Stover.

2. Robo Jesus

Robo Jesus High Inquisitor

Title: At the End of All Things
    Author: Jedi-Princess-Solo
    Rating: T
    Pairing: N/A
    Genre: Angst
    Summary: [vignette] Jaina realizes that she and Jacen have come full circle at the end [LotF speculation]
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3024636/1/

~~~~~

Title: Coming to Terms
    Author: xenzen
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Summary: Post KoTOR, Ch. 64: “Okay, fine!” Dustil snarled back. His frazzled nerves and temper snapped, his head spinning with the Dark Side whispering so near. He flung out a hand and called lightning of his own, the power rushing through his veins...
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1779023/1/

~~~~~

Title: Dark Times
    Author: Treenahasthaal
    Rating: M
    Pairing: Luke S. & Darth V.
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Summary: LukeVader story tho it might not seem like it at first! Series set 2 years after ANH. Luke is shot down during a mission, his path leads him, painfully, to his first meeting with Vader and beyond. M for Violence.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2441962/1/

~~~~~

Title: Force
    Author: Mara Jade Jedi
    Pairing: Carter, S. & O'Neill, J.
    Genre: General/Romance
    Summary: Sam's alone in a Galaxy far, far away... Star Wars Crossover. Finally finished, about 18months after starting. Revised mostly chapters 28 and 29 as of 24.3.05 Nominated for a 2006 Stargate Fan Award
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1602728/1/

~~~~~

Title: Heart of Darkness
    Author: Cka3ka
    Pairing: Darth V. & Leia O.
    Genre: Drama/Angst
    Summary: AU: Vader finds Leia at an early age. Is the redemption of the Dark Lord at hand? Or will the Princess fall into darkness. Follow Leia as she grows up to be a loving daughter, dependable friend, swoop bike fanatic, chic shopaholic, and Sith Lord.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2369737/1/

~~~~~

Title: The Inquest
    Author: REV042175
    Genre: Mystery/Adventure
    Summary: PostRotS AU: Inquisitor Sabe Kelaria is a high ranking Imperial who is asked to investigate Padme Amidala's death & finds that the truth is only the beginning of the mystery. SabePiett, Vader, Palpatine, Bail, ObiWan, Luke & Leia.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2539316/1/

~~~~~

Title: Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil
    Author: LL
    Rating: K+
    Pairing: Anakin S. & E. Palpatine
    Genre: Drama/Spiritual
    Summary: Could Anakin have stopped Sidious without firing a shot? YES! The ultimate redemption of two Sith lords.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2420552/1/

~~~~~

Title: Shattered Knight
    Author: Tim Radley
    Genre: Adventure/Angst
    Summary: KoTOR: Eight months on from the fall of the Star Forge the expected peace has not come to the Republic. The news of Revan's return has become a source of schism and conflict within the galaxy, and Revan himself has his own demons to face.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1749933/1/

~~~~~

Title: The Souls of Demons
    Author: Pyxelle
    Pairing: Anakin S. & Luke S.
    Genre: Angst/Adventure
    Summary: Vader turns Luke to the Dark Side, but is horrified by the monster his son becomes. He defies the Sith, hoping to become the Jedi Anakin Skywalker once more, but can he save Luke from Darkness when he still fights a demon inside himself?
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2411720/1/

All of these are good SW reads. We have within them torture, massive blood loss and dismemberment, death, and Machiavellian scheeming. Enjoy. :D

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

You're a god. I remember reading Souls of Demons, and I'm glad I rediscovered it. Some of the others look good too.

4. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

I have come across a few good stories, but two (and the coming sequel, not released yet) really stick out as above and beyond in my mind, two thirds of a three part trilogy by Corana.

Walking the Sky
    AU. Nine years after becoming a Sith, Darth Vader hears of a supposed Jedi on Tatooine calling himself Anakin Skywalker. He investigates, and finds much, much more than he would have imagined. COMPLETE
    Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - Family/Drama - Chapters: 2 - Words: 11,165

Feet on the Ground
    AU. Luke Skywalker has grown up his father's apprentice, and can't imagine anything but serving the Emperor. But after one mission, Luke's illusions begin to shatter, and he and his father begin to plan for the future: their future. LV, LM
    Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 8 - Words: 41,796

Two other good ones that I really liked are more stand alone:

Fall of the Sith by Souderwan
    Mace Windu makes a critical decision in the Chancellor's Office that changes the outcome of the entire SW saga. Note: This story starts from a point in Matthew Stover's RotS novelization and borrows heavily, at times, from the text in that book.
    Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Action/Adventure/Drama - Chapters: 27 - Words: 81,896

Out of the Shadows by Ash Darklighter
    Post Bakura AU LM. Luke Skywalker struggles to come to terms with the legacy he's been given and the destiny he must have and leaves the Alliance to continue his training.
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/Romance - Chapters: 34 - Words: 216,699

Hope you enjoy them.

5. Zevrillion

Zevrillion Founder Retired Staff

General, Alternative Universe Anakin. Quite good.

Misunderstood (rewrite Misunderstood V2 ) by Quill of Molliemon
    Yeah, another one of those fics where Ani starts out on the Dark Side. But there is a twist, of course. Find out about the biggest secret of the Jedi Order... Now COMPLETE! Check out version 2!
    Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - General/Angst - Chapters: 65 - Words: 228,205 - Reviews: 485 - Updated: 8-15-06 - Published: 2-21-06

Cage of Darkness by Quill of Molliemon
    AU. OT era, postESB to RotJ. Darth Vader suffers an accident in his TIE fighter, and when he wakes up he's...a traitor to the Empire? He was saved by the Rebels? And now he's in Princess Leia's custody? Oh this could get really ugly...
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - General/Angst - Chapters: 11 - Words: 43,329 - Reviews: 162 - Updated: 8-11-07 - Published: 5-10-07

Fics with a lot of actions where billions die.

Legacy of the Red Sun by Darth Marrs
    After Luke Skywalker died in a tragic speeder accident as a child, ObiWan was about to give up hope, until he discovered a child with powers unlike anything he'd ever seen: the last son of Krypton.
    Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Fantasy - Chapters: 16 - Words: 42,324 - Reviews: 61 - Updated: 7-8-07 - Published: 5-20-07

Gods of Dark and Light by Darth Marrs
    What happens when the Ori, a race of godlike ascended beings who are currently rampaging through the Stargate Universe, suddenly arrive in a Galaxy Far Far Away? Any who do not follow the path of Origin must be destroyed.
    Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Sci-Fi/Fantasy - Chapters: 41 - Words: 121,613 - Reviews: 177 - Updated: 8-6-07 - Published: 4-28-07

And some romance.

A Journey of Discovery Book One: Pendulum by Jedi-2B
    Ever wonder what might have happened if Vader and Palpatine hadn't died at Endor, and Luke had met Mara before she received that Last Command? The ending chapter is now up.
    Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 13 - Words: 67,427 - Reviews: 86 - Updated: 7-8-05 - Published: 6-21-05​
    A Journey of Discovery Book Two: Pledge by Jedi-2B
    A Journey of Discovery Book Three: Prism by Jedi-2B

6. moniteur

moniteur First Year

I'm glad someone posted Out of the Shadows. I read this thread a couple days ago and forgot to post it. I've been following this fic since its beginning, and I'm really enjoying it. Update rate is rather slow, but I think its well worth it. I think this is a 4.5/5 or so. Characterizations and character development are good, the pace is nice - though the main conflict is perhaps a bit slow in unfolding. I have a feeling this is going to end up being a pretty gargantuan fic when its finished.

7. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
  8. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Make with the Dark Revan/Old Republic era fics. >_>

9. Kenshkrix

Kenshkrix DA Member DLP Supporter

KOTOR was awesome, definitely need links to more fics about it.

10. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

/me digs up his old HP/KOTOR crossover and stares at it.

11. Methene

Methene Auror

We should categorize SW fanfiction into different categories too. That way when you recommend one, if you include the category, people could see if it tickles their pickle. From what I read, they seem to be the following:

Darkside AU, post ROTS, with Padme lives, Anakin, does not know she does. Can include either Vader in a suit or not, generally leads to them reconnecting and throwing down Palpatine, becoming Emperor and Empress.

Alternate Prequel AU, prequel series, something different happens to Anakin, he grows up differently, changing future events (not turning on the dark side, being dark side from day one etc.)

Vader redemption
    fic, post ROTJ, Vader lives, generally goes back to the Rebellion side, difficulty reconnecting with the kiddos.

Those are the ones that jump to mind right now. Anyone else have ideas?

12. Inferi

Inferi Third Year

Generally star wars stories are categorized by the era they are set in.This is ripped straight from Wiki btw.

* The Old Republic (25,000 - 1,000 BBY)

The Old Republic was the government that united the Star Wars galaxy under the rule of the Galactic Senate. In this era, the Jedi are large-numbered, and serve as guardians of peace and justice. The Tales of the Jedi comics series takes place in this era, chronicling the immense wars fought by the Jedi of old, and the ancient Sith.

* The Rise of the Empire (1,000 - 0 BBY)

After the seemingly final defeat of the Sith, the Republic enters a state of complacency. In the waning years of the Republic, the senate was rife with corruption and scandal, and saddled with a bureaucracy so immense that effective governing was nearly impossible. The Sith Lord, Darth Sidious, caused himself to be elected Supreme Chancellor under the guise of Senator Palpatine. He promised to reunite the galaxy under a New Order, and destroyed the majority of the Jedi. The prequel trilogy takes place during this era.

* The Rebellion (0 BBY - 5 ABY)

An outcry of resistance begins to spread across the galaxy in protest to the new Empire's tyranny. Cells of Rebellion fight back, and the Galactic Civil War begins. This era begins with the Rebel victory that secured the Death Star plans, and ends a year after the death of the Emperor high over the forest moon of Endor. The Rebellion starts to reform itself into a body of government, first as the Alliance to Restore the Republic, and later the New Republic. The original trilogy takes place during this era.

* The New Republic (5 ABY - 25 ABY)

Having defeated the Empire at the Battle of Endor, the Rebel Alliance must now transform itself from a militant resistance force into a functioning galactic government. As Imperial territory is reclaimed, the New Republic suffers growing pains, having to fend off insurrections, Imperial loyalists, and wayward warlords. Also, Luke Skywalker, the last of the Jedi, begins to rebuild the Jedi Order and train new apprentices.

* The New Jedi Order (25 - 40 ABY)

The Jedi Knights are now over one hundred strong. The New Republic has signed a peace treaty with the remains of the Empire. The galaxy is finally enjoying a peaceful respite from decades of war. It's at this time that a horrible alien menace invades the Republic from beyond known space. The Yuuzhan Vong lay waste to entire worlds in their scourge, as depicted in the novels of The New Jedi Order.

* Legacy of the Force (40 - unknown date ABY)

Having reached peace with the Yuuzhan Vong, the newly formed Galactic Federation of Free Alliance struggles to keep itself working as a single government. But many threats from inside are joined by a danger that comes from the remains of the Dark Side, that threaten to give rise to a new Sith Lord more powerful than Darth Vader or Emperor Palpatine. The new Jedi order created by Luke Skywalker faces a new era as the heirs of the Skywalker legacy grow up. Jacen Solo, perhaps the strongest of the new order, is now Ben Skywalker's master, and has partnered with a nemesis from Luke Skywalker's past; Lumiya, who has promised him only if he becomes the next Sith Lord will he be able to bring peace to the galaxy.

13. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

Revan stories are my favorite, but they always seem to lose steam at the end. They are still a great ride though. Offhand I'd say my two favorite are.

1. Veil of shadows » by Zerbinetta reviews

A betrayal. A master plan to save the galaxy from impending doom. A mysterious figure, manipulating the shadows. Memories are fireflies that light the way... but also trickster lights that may lead you astray.
    Complete - Fiction Rated: K+ - English - Adventure/Angst - Chapters: 54 - Words: 237,412 - Reviews: 191 - Updated: 4-21-07 - Published: 9-6-04
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2046246/1/Veil_of_shadows

2. KOTOR: Destiny's New Path » by Robbie the Phoenix reviews

A what if. What if it wasn’t Revan on the Bridge when Malak fired on his Master’s ship? Suddenly the Apprentice is betrayed by the Master. Revan then infiltrates the ranks of the Jedi. Revan's mission: turn Bastila to the Dark Side. [Completed]
    Complete - Fiction Rated: T - English - Adventure/Mystery - Chapters: 25 - Words: 62,135 - Reviews: 79 - Updated: 11-7-05 - Published: 5-4-05
    http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2379311/1/KOTOR_Destinys_New_Path

I especially like this one because of how Revan plays everyone for complete fools.

14. darthdavid

darthdavid Second Year

Star Crossed:
    http://bbs.stardestroyer.net/viewtopic.php?t=4533
    This fic is epic. Absolutely epic. It's a ST/SW cross and one of the first fics I ever read, which is a big part of why I love fan fiction to this day. Slow updates but the author is going to finish it soon.

15. Methene

Methene Auror

Do you know if Star-Crossed is posted anywhere not in a forum format, such as FFN?

16. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Dynasty by Valerie Vancollie

Abandoned on the first Death Star, Luke's true identity is revealed and Vader takes him to Coruscant. There he learns about the Empire and the Dark Side even as he hears his best friend has joined the Alliance.

Complete at over 300k words.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2985379/1/Dynasty

It's the best Star Wars fic on FF.net (and I went through a massive Star Wars phase for a month or so around Easter 2007 so I've read a few of them).

17. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I read that one. o.o

It was utterly lame, if I remember right. Normal, healed Anakin wearing the Envirosuit to instill fear and what not.

18. Methene

Methene Auror

Has anybody read a story that focuses on Palpatine and what he did after he became Emperor?

I read a story that focused on redeeming Palpatine and I have been stuck in a phase wanting to read more about him. He is a brilliant villain and I like him a lot better than Obi-Wan.

19. Kenshkrix

Kenshkrix DA Member DLP Supporter

20. darthdavid

darthdavid Second Year

Not to my knowledge, but that's the cleaned thread so no comments or shit...