1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Star Wars Fanfiction

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Andro, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

I'm almost finished with the Part II. Holy shit this author is good. Thanks for the rec.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

The Naboo Chronicles » reviews Post TPM AU: How would Anakin Skywalker's destiny change if the Jedi refused to train him and he remained on Naboo? How would this event affect the unfolding of history? Anakin, Padme, ObiWan, Sabe, HMs, Shmi, Siri & the Exile.Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Drama/Adventure - Chapters: 33 - Words: 174,585 - Reviews: 467 - Updated: 6-16-06 - Published: 2-26-05

For the Love of the Queen » reviews Pre AotC AU: Sequel to The Naboo Chronicles. The continuing story of Anakin's life and training on Naboo and how he will fulfill his destiny as the fabled Chosen One. Anakin, Padme, ObiWan, Sabe, Siri, the Exile, Shmi, HMS & OCs.Complete - Star Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 38 - Words: 183,863 - Reviews: 523 - Updated: 7-24-08 - Published: 6-16-06

To Everything There is a Season » reviews AotC/CW era AU: Can Anakin Skywalker escape the past to return to his destiny in the future? Will the greedy Trade Federation finally destroy the Naboo? The third story in the Naboo Chronicles Series. Anakin, Padme, Obi-Wan, Sabe & OCsStar Wars - Fiction Rated: T - English - Romance/Adventure - Chapters: 4 - Words: 17,682 - Reviews: 54 - Updated: 8-15-08 - Published: 7-24-08

A good series. Basically, the Force intervenes, and the Jedi decide not to train Anakin. He ends up staying on Naboo with Amidala caring for him. Obi-Wan, in secret and in defiance of the Jedi Council, trains him to be a Jedi, though he doesn't stay with him 24/7. It all leads off from there.

The romance between Anakin and Padme (and Obi-Wan and Sabe) gets pretty fluffy at times, but it's pretty easy to skip over those parts. Series gets a 5/5 from me. The only gripe I have is that the author is following too many characters in the last story, so she doesn't write as much from Anakin's perspective as she should. >_>

3. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Same here. They are very slow paced, but the writing quality is so damn high, you don't even really notice most of the time that ten chapters of this author's work cover what most authors would cram into two or three.

Thanks for the rec, Palver.

4. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Star Wars doesn't need a DLP of its own anywhere as much as Harry Potter does. The Force dot net has high standards and a specific search engine. Don't think I read a bad story there yet. I'm lucky I went through my "read anything" phase there instead of FFnet.

5. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

Thank you for that site. Ill be sure to check it out.

Lucky bastard. I went through the read anything phase in the Hp section of ff.net. I try not to remember what I've read...

6. Janus

Janus Groundskeeper

There was an epic length time travel fic that had Luke and Leia going back near the middle of the Clone Wars. I stopped reading it because the author's style didn't thrill me, but it was well written.

Fuckifino where it is or what it was called, but I found it rather quickly with FF.net's C2 section and/or the search function. If that's your thing you could probably find it just as easily.

The difficult part about finding good SW fiction is that we already have an expanded universe. HP's got seven books, Naruto has one manga. Versus Star Wars...

Helluva lot of good writers just write Star Wars, if you're looking for something specific from the series its probably out there in print already. >>

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008