1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Stargate 2069 by Eye of Re - M - Stargate

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Skeletaure, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Stargate 2069
    Author: Eye of Re (aka Taure)
    Rating: M
    Status: WIP, one chapter of 6k words. Semi-hiatus, may write more if there's a positive reaction.
    Summary: Ra takes the gate with him when he abandons Earth. The Stargate program never exists, and so Earth continues in not-so-blissful ignorance until 2069, when a mysterious ring is found, buried deep beneath Antarctica. No shields, phasers or warp.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8626104/1/Stargate-2069

A non-crossoer Stargate fic I started writing a while ago under a different name. Haven't thought about it in a while, but I just remembered it. Thought DLPers might be interested in it. If there's a positive response, I might write more (though anthology entry comes first).

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

While well written, I didn't find anything in it that compelled me to read more about Wyatt. It had elements of his humanity, but not enough to draw me in. He felt too much like boring corporate spy #2347. I guess the biggest turn off was his lack of curiosity. Stargate is all about curiosity and poking at new things to learn. And I saw no spark of curiosity in him at all.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You've read a lot of corporate spy protagonists, then?

I've never seen it done. Care to recommend a few to me?

4. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

I have not seen it done either, but that was not what I was trying to emphasize.

Wyatt seemed to be part of a type, a cog in the machine. He had his own bits of personality, but all of that was deeply consummed by his job. He felt expendable, and that lends to the idea that there were others just like him who could take his place.

5. Vir

Vir Centauri Ambassador ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    3d printing could totally do a rail gun.

6. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

I've got this strong Deus Ex vibe... So far, I like it - do write moar.

7. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I liked it quite a bit. I've always been a fan of stories where the author combines the fandom's technology with some new sci-fi things, a lot of fun to see how they mesh together.

Hope to see MOAR soon.

8. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I read this when you put it on spacebattles (assuming that was you). I remember it being pretty good.

A plus of SG1 fic is you can go to wildly different time periods and still have a bunch of the same characters available to play around with if you want to make use of them. Would Teal'c still be hanging on in 2069? My gut tells me he might be dead or super-old (even by Jaffa standards) by then, but I'm not sure.

9. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

He lived like 60 years in the time stasis near the end and was still kicking so he'd be fine I think, Hell of a lot more jaded by now if he never did anything about his 'god'.

10. Siflet

Siflet Third Year

I liked what you have put up so far, looking forward to more if you continue this.

11. TSN

TSN Auror

I saw that on space battle a while ago, tought it was awewsome, still do. hope we get more of this. it actually sound more interesting than the treatise on 11year old girl atempting to kill each other because of jealousy and pettiness

12. cajer

cajer Muggle

This seems amazing. The interaction between the human organizations and mega corps should be extremely interesting. Please continue this