1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate fics. That use alternate opening scenarios.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by KGB, Feb 17, 2018.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Are there any narrative fics that use the earlier/different country/etc. Stargate opening premise?

I've been looking for something in the stargate universe and inevitably stumbled upon Project Arctic Circle, British Stargate and that one fic with space nazis that somehow ended up being a lot less nazi than the USAF. But all of those are pretty much dry, overlong summaries instead of proper fics. And their idea of "balance" is to throw in "oh but it will take x years. Uhhh, isn't this logical and not overpowerd at all". End result being akin to reading the shipping forecast being read out by an especially boring person.

But the idea of a slower paced, more methodical exploration through the stargate sort of struck my fancy.

So are there any actual stories with this premise?

P.S. I already looked through all the fics in the SG section.

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

3. pbluekan

pbluekan Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Project Blue Book

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10860506/1/Project-Blue-Book

Pretty much what you asked for. I remember it being decent, and a quick skim is promising, but I read it forever ago, so I can’t give you a good impression. I haven’t even read it since it updated, so I’m going to go back and reread it. Hasn’t updated since last March, though, so I think she’s dead Jim.

Edit: It’s crap.

On a different note, I’ve spent the day writing up the opening posts to a Stargate CK2 quest if you’re interested.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018