1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate fics without a shipping focus.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Download, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've always struggled to find decent Stargate fics. Mostly because every long fic is all about shipping. I can tolerate some straight of femslash shipping but really they go to far in the fandom. It seems to me that every story is about shipping and not scifi.

The only really decent Stargate fics are crossovers. Reunions are a Bitch, the Worldwar series by AlbertG, In Defilade's two SG/HP fics (I swear they're the only non-superpower Harry SG/HP fics in existence, probably because Harry is a squib in one and untrained in the other), Vedra42's HP/SG crossover that again features a squib main character and is unfortunately abandoned, Winding River which is a Firefly/SG crossover, The Dragon King's Temple which is SG/A:tLA.

The only decent purely Stargate fics I know of are Stargate:1939 and The Stargate Initiative

Any suggestions?

2. S1234567890m

S1234567890m Third Year

Last Ancient by runick4

It wasn't amazing, but it was enjoyable.

3. Download

High Score:
    Ugh, that's one of those fics where the author feels the need to list all the specs of his OC ships, right? Not touching that.

4. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

If you like crossovers, The First Movement of the Odyssey is a pretty good SG1/Halo cross.

I think RaaB is done. Ash got so frustrated at all of the shitty knockoffs that he just said "fuck it". Or he's close to that point, at any rate.

5. Download

High Score:
    Yeah, it does look like it's done. He's apparently been consulting with AlbertG on his SG/BSG/Worldwar story though. It's shaping up nicely.

I'll take a look at that.

---------- Post automerged at 23:14 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

I've read this before. I remember dropping it for some reason.

6. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

I'd be interested in knowing why you dropped it. Chris would probably appreciate the feedback.

7. kettricken

kettricken Muggle

I thought of this good old Stargate/Highlander crossover, which is gen - but I think I mostly liked it for its version of Methos from Highlander. (It's been a while.) Very worth it if you're at all a Highlander fan or familiar; might not have as much payoff if you're not. O'Neill-centric on the Stargate side.

A Square Peg in a Round Hole by MarbleGlove

8. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

I remember some good ones. Let me see...

Honor's Solution
    It isn't finished but it was fun reading how Sam kicked ass and took names.
    Monkey Screaming Series
    From the same author as the above. It has small Jack/Sam undertones, but it mainly deals with the relationships between the members of SG-1 and how they're dealing with the situation they find themselves in.
    Prodigal
    That was a good one, though it is an NCIS crossover.
    Retrograde Series
    That was a good series, though some of the later parts have slash in it, I think, so you might want to skip that.

9. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I just read this, and I think it's the best of all the Halo fics I've ever read, as well as SG1. The Halo parts feel like the Nylund books, and the SG1 parts feel like SG1. It doesn't become an instant let's save the fellow humans with our toys like most SG1 crossovers. That said, despite it being 150,000 words it looks like it has an agonizingly slow update rate.

10. Eimim

Eimim First Year

For Stargate Atlantis:

The taste of apples is great. It's gen though the following sequels are slash

Planet megalodon wraith defends forse is one of my favorites

Written by the Victors This is listed with a slash pairing, but it's very brief and mostly other people arguing whether or not they actually were a couple. It's political.

The adherence of memory this one is a bit forgettable, but I had it bookmarked

SG1 and Buffy crossover:
    Rhymes with Shmaliens is an OK timewaister

SG1 and star wars crossover:
    A star to steer by looks good so far