1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Stargate: Origins

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

Yup, I also loved Universe. But I legit love every Stargate show and I will fight anyone that tells me I'm wrong.

I'm suuuuper excited about Origins. Especially since it looks like we're going to see a young Catherine Langford front and centre.

2. JErosion

JErosion DA Member

I'm gonna ring in and say that I loved Stargate Universe as well. It didn't work for many fans of the original series because of that seriousness, but lets be honest after the ten seasons of SG-1 and five seasons of Atlantis they had to go with a different direction, even though the shows overlapped that was twelve years of Stargate and the tastes of general television audiences were moving away from the campy formula that had worked for Stargate until then. Given the success of Battlestar Galactica, it was only logical for them to go in the direction that they did.

That said Stargate Universe due to its pacing and its fore-mentioned seriousness was a better if you could sit down and watch a block of episodes, At least thats what I loved about the broadcast schedule of the first season they replayed last weeks episode before showing the new one. That setup was absent during the second season. It was the same way with Caprica, watching single episodes was dull and somewhat boring but if you watch a block of three or four episodes(which the Sci-fi channel did ) the show blossomed into a more engaging program.