1. The DLP Story Competition is back!!!!11one! Get the details in the announcement and break out your favorite editor, because it's time to enter the December 2017 competition.

Don't let us down, Guest.
    Dismiss Notice

Steam Sales & Gifts Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by JohnThePyro, Nov 28, 2010.

1. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

As part of their Halloween Sales, Steam sells the Paradox Grand Strategy Collection (CK2, IU4, Stellaris) for 32,38 €. I've heard that these games are virtually unplayable without a lot of DLCs. So, question for someone who knows: is that true? or is this a really good deal even without DLCs?

Would appreciate your opinion here, guys. Thanks. :D

2. KGB

KGB Unspeakable

Yes they are unplayable without DLC. Several rather important mechanics are locked behind them and the games are balanced with you having DLC installed. But you don't need all of them. There is a list out there which features are hidden behind which DLC. Look that up and than figure out how much it actually costs

3. Atri

Atri Groundskeeper

Thanks for the info. I'll do that.

4. chrnno

chrnno High Inquisitor

For CK, HoI and Stellaris I would say it is really for the best to play the base game then consider whether you feel like spending more money and on what, there are issues here and there but if you enjoy the game then you will end up getting expansions you want while feeling it is worth it and if you don't then you didn't waste money. EU is where I feel the expansion model Paradox has really showed it's problems so you hit a lot of weirdness without the expansions yet you also hit a lot with the expansions too, used to be my favourite Paradox game but these days I like the idea more than actually playing it.

That said wouldn't consider it a good deal because even disregarding that you can get it cheaper all of them are games you sink a lot of time in, so either you are not going to like any of them or are going to like one, get expansions and take a long time before you go to the others. Really the kind of situation I feel getting games to test it out before buying is the best option.

5. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage Prestige

High Score:
    So it's not steam but Ubisoft.

Watch Dogs on PC is for free from 7. November to 13 November on their site.