1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story of the Year 2006

Discussion in 'Award Winners 2007' started by Lord Ravenclaw, Feb 4, 2007.

Not open for further replies.
  1. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

I agree, not enough canon harry potter in his newest fic

madeyemoody

2. haroon_angel

haroon_angel Fourth Year

I was hoping that other stories wins but certain peoples are vote without reading

3. Ragon

Ragon Dark Lord

Cant say Im suprised. Jim was gonna get it without doubt.

4. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

Eh, everyone is bitching about how Taliath and Thalarian should have won.

Hey. Guess what. They didn't. First of all, get over it, and second of all, neither of the stories were all that great after all.

Taliath's Young Again: The Rewrite is okay, and uses Deus Ex Machina to change Harry into big!Harry. Taliath is a decent writer, but why not write your own story instead of just taking someone else's? The idea of your mastery actually being useful is very nice, and inventive, but all of the authors were inventive. You needed a little extra something to push you into the top 3, and that extra little something was high word count, and consistent updates.

Thalarian's story: What the fuck? It's decent, but it's only one chapter, and we don't even know at this point if it's going to be updated. Undoubtedly, the writing is pretty good, and the idea is fun, and the fight scenes are okay, but if you can take the time to write out the capturing and raping of 14 women, why can't you just take a chapter to write out Harry actually being trained? And how fucking long is the capturing going to be? By the time Harry finishes getting all of the ladies, Voldemort will already have captured the world. And why can't he just repeat the spell he had before, and animate some more bitches? Maybe even take away Harry's.

No story is perfect, these stories were voted more perfect than the others, stop complaining.

5. apocalypsemeow

apocalypsemeow Professor DLP Supporter

*snorts*
    Well, congratulations to Jbern and Nonjon...
    Yeah, must agree though... An author should only get one story per category. :|
    (I voted for Jack. Jbern's cool too...)
    Meh.

6. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I know this isn't a big deal but Jesus fucking Christ JJ, get your fucking facts straight before posting, you do this constantly.

Stop complaining, you've been bitching and whoring ever since you got to this site.

You must get so fucking excited before making a post that you forget to add any modicum or actual fact to it.

7. Thalarian

Thalarian Seventh Year

Normally I was just going to let it go to keep this from overshadowing the purpose of this thread, but obviously it seems I've got to defend myself on some level. Figure every author has a right to do that.

1st point. It's two chapters. Not one. A prologue and a the first chapter. Please check facts.

2nd point. Tying in with the first point, most of these questions have already been discussed in the proper story thread. You obviously haven't read them, which again shows a lack of checking facts before jumping in.

3rd point. You contradicted yourself. You just asked for answers to the major questions in the plot, especially about exactly what has Voldemort been doing. Yet you already stated that it's only a chapter in. I didn't realize that a major plot catalyst was supposed to be revealed within the first chapter. You're not supposed to know yet how he's doing what he's done.

I understand emotions are running high for everyone right now, but its all over and done with. Honestly, its fanfiction awards, not a million dollar lottery that someone lost their possibly winning ticket. I already knew there was no chance in hell to win Story of the Year. There's not enough for me to really hold my own in this category yet. There are no hard feelings. Please refrain from trudging up major story problems outside of a story's thread, its really not going to amount to anything except more post flames.

If you've got a problem with me, my story, or my attitude, please approach me as an adult and send it to me via PM. Leave it out of the forums. Its nobody's business except for who has a problem with me, and myself. I'll show you the exact amount of respect that is shown in return.

In that regard, I'm pretty tired of the bitching, I'm sure we all are. I am at fault as much though since I took part in some of it but no amount of screaming and yelling is going to change what has already taken place. So lets just tip ours hats to the winners, the runner ups, the ones we wished had won, the people who took time out to set it up and just get shit right for next year. I'm pretty sure we have better things to waste our time on.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  8. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

^QFT.O_O

I would've liked to see Thal's up there, 2 humongous chapters with the 3rd one somewhere. There's always next year.

Well said.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2007
  9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Its... been a while since I read this, but im pretty sure Harry only raped Lilith, meaning your a retard if I am correct.

I could, following whatever ill begotten logic you have been using, I could Say TFTCD is nothing more than a clone of Thank you, Miss bones; based solely on the pairing.

10. liath

liath Seventh Year

You know, I wasn't going to say anything--but I find that this comment just goes beyond what I can handle with an amused shake of the head.

So. I didn't win. I never complained.

What the fuck is up with you insulting me then?!

"Inventive"--? Excuse me, have you even read any of my stories? Have you ever attempt to compare my version with the "original"? So "Young Again" is just rated automatically down because I apparently took "someone else's work"? What the hell?!

*sigh*

I'm tired, and I've come home from school to read a post that's highly insulting--and you've finally made me post my first "STFU" post in DLP.

Congrats.

Shut the fuck up.

11. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

Japanese Jew, well done for being a blind idiot and pissing everyone off for no reason. No more on this, take it to PMs if you feel strongly.

Not open for further replies.