1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. James

James Unspeakable

I'm looking for a story - HP/Sherlock Crossover, I think - where someone contacts Sherlock to find Harry Potter. During first few chapters, Sherlock realises, that he is Harry Potter.

I remember it was quite well written (at least above average), intriguing and the setup was sort of great. Am not too sure if it was abandoned then already, or if I'm hoping for more chapters than I remember.

Thanks.

2. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Does anyone know of any good Sirius centric stories? Especially if it's a darker Sirius. I don't care if it's his solo adventures or if he's raising Harry. ScottPress' characterisation of him was brilliant, and I want more of that. I've tried searching through the forums, but haven't found much, besides the usual suspects like A Black Comedy.

3. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Wrong thread, see opening post.

4. The Pro

The Pro Seventh Year

High Score:
    I've created a thread for you.

5. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
  6. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I know exactly which story you're talking about (it's one of the only two HP/Sherlock crossovers I've bothered reading), but I spent about a day and a half searching my computer for it without any luck. I don't even remember the title, nor which site it was on.

I have a sneaking suspicion it hasn't been updated, though. :sherlock:

7. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    So I remember this cool tidbit, but I don't remember what fic it is from. It was about some wizard who when learned about Napoleon's planned invasion of Britain cast a protective spell to stop "likes of him" from ever getting to Britain. But nobody knows if the spell works because nobody knows what "likes of Napoleon" is supposed to mean.

I've checked my main suspects: Alexandra Potter, The One He Feared, What You Leave Behind and Forging the Sword, but there wasn't any direct mention of Napoleon in any of them.

So I ask this here, because it annoys me that I can't remember where it is from. The fic is probably somewhere on my list, but there are many fics there so that doesn't help very much.

8. James

James Unspeakable

Yeah. Shit. If you're in the mood to search for it some more, don't bother with FFN. I checked all of the HP/Sherlock crossovers there. Yes, all of those.

9. rusk

rusk First Year

Massive AU Harry Potter fanfiction

I remember reading a story where instead of just using a wand kids can receive a stave or ring from Olivanders. In the story Olivander mentioned to Harry that Lily first bought a ring from him before coming back for a wand. Also Hagrid had an Order of Merlin and was openly using magic. The only other thing I remember is Draco Malfoy attempting some sort of family crest spell on the train.

If anyone remembers this story that'd be nice.
    Thanks

10. Nazgoose

Nazgoose The Honky-tonk ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I think it may have been deleted then, because I've read it before and I was pretty sure it was on FFN.

11. fullmoon89

fullmoon89 Muggle

High Score:
    Hello, everyone. I am looking for a Harry/Severus adoption fic. I don't remember the author or the title, but I do remember a fair few nuggets from the fic. So, in the story Harry for some reason has to live with Snape in his dungeon quarters. I believe at first it is just the two of them but later in the story Draco is there as well (I'll be honest and say it could be the reverse of that situation). Harry loses his ability to perform magic and only regains it by learning to use parseltongue to incant. And if I remember correctly Snape has a country house he takes the boys to from time to time. I remember the story as being well written with plenty of humor (there's a scene where Dumbledore brings Dudley to see Harry and the parchment on the wall that let's Snape know who's there says "Dumbledore and pet" or pig maybe). Thanks for any help you all can render.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I think this is A Year Like None Other and sequels available on the author page. I remember this one specifically because it's the only story anyone convinced me to read on that particular website. Bit too angsty for me, iirc, but it's been years since I read any of it.

13. fullmoon89

fullmoon89 Muggle

High Score:
    Thank you, CheddarTrek! I do believe that is the story I am looking for. Most appreciated.

14. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Has anyone seen a story where the garden gnomes at the burrow are super vulgar?

15. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

I'm looking for a story - well it's less of a story, and more of a drabble, posted by someone in either the Plot Bunny or Drabble Vomit Thread. It's basically a scene where Dumbledore tracks down a Death Eater to where the Death Eater is meeting a contact in a pub, I think soon after Voldemort is defeated, and proceeds to own them. Popped into my head randomly, and despite my search I haven't been quite able to find it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it

Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
  16. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Then please share

17. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "I'm looking for something or have a problem. Edit: Nevermind, I found/fixed it."

You are the worst part of the internet. At least link it if you found it, someone might be interested.

Edit: Ha

18. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

Easy on the salt... https://forums.darklordpotter.net/posts/589601/

19. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

It appears that the author of "Stepping Into The Sky" (HP/Firefly crossover) is gone from ffnet and has taken down the story. Does anyone have it by any chance and wouldn't mind sending it over? Thanks!

20. Chadrew

Chadrew Second Year