1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story Searches that don't require their own Threads - II

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dark Minion, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

Ahh. I remembered it wrong. My bad.

2. Agni

Agni Third Year

I am searching for this recent story where Harry, somehow, is sent back to a time where his parents are still in school and is sorted in Gryffindor.
    He adopts Dumbledore's last name....and I believe goes on to marry Bellatrix.

I came across it sometimes back but ,for the life of me, am unable to recall the title or the author.

3. Tempest

Tempest Third Year

High Score:
    Harry Potter and the Turning of the Sun

4. kerney

kerney Squib

Looking for this 19+ years later fic with flashbacks to HBP were we discover that Harry discovers he's been obvilated and under a love potion for 19+ years by Ginny.

Contains the line something like "Luna Fucking Lovegood, I see how you look at that Ravenclaw."

5. Hiraelle

Hiraelle Third Year

That one? https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3943025/1/Antithesis

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Story about Harry organizing the cursebreaking expedition to Egypt to study ancient magics.
    His assistant is Daphne (or Tracy) who is the Black Widow of the new generation (I mean killing her husbands for money, not a comic book character).
    When Harry is rich enough, she decides he is going to be her new husband. Harry responds by turning her into a Horcrux.

7. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    DisobedienceWriter's The Valley of the Kings Massacre.

8. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    There's a story where Harry figures out that Moody is an imposter, but then he gets overpowered in a duel (or tricked, somehow) and obliviated, so things go as planned. I want to say it's What Lies Beneath or On the Way to Greatness, but I'm not sure. Any ideas?

9. Blinker

Blinker Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Pretty sure it's On the Way to Greatness

10. James018

James018 Third Year

High Score:
    I reread On the Way to Greatness recently and it definitely happened in that story. I'm sure I've read it in another story too, but can't remember where.

11. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

It was a pretty common plot thread back in the day, but given how popular OTWTG is, it's probably that one.

12. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    For a while, I thought it might have been HP and the Chrysalis, because I felt like Tom had been warning him about Moody, but I couldn’t find it in the story. I think fake-Moody tries to recruit him as a death eater in the library, and he’s not very subtle about it.

Maybe it was another’s of his Slytherin friends who warns him in Greatness?

13. James018

James018 Third Year

High Score:
    In Greatness it was the Marauder's Map. Harry noticed during DADA class that the person teaching the class was not Moody but Barty Crouch, but Crouch found him out (using Legilimency, from memory), held him back after class, out-duelled him and Blaise Zabini and modified their memories, taking the Map in the process. All up, it was actually pretty well executed.

14. Villanelle

Villanelle Groundskeeper

High Score:
    @James018 - that must be it.

Yeah, that was pretty good. Still one of my favourite stories.

15. kerney

kerney Squib

16. Tintin

Tintin Muggle

It starts in the first year. The point system was personal, so you'd earn points for yourself and could "buy" things with them (like a private room, or have the elves do your laundry). Harry (non Gryffindor) initially teams up with Neville (Gryffindor) until they fall out and Harry teams with Hermione instead. I don't remember who are the other two teammates. Thanks ahead!
    I can probably think of some more details, but they'd be small...

17. Sataniel

Sataniel High Inquisitor

High Score:
    Wit of the Raven

18. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

Looking for an story about the MCU (i think?). Basically it's a bunch of snippets of a reporter following the Avengers around and framing the plot as a series of newspaper articles. I'd spoiler the twist if it weren't so crucial to what I was looking for but:

The reporter/POV is P. Parker. Stealth Spider-Man crossover, which we don't discover until the final line.

I can't remember if I read it on AO3 or even Spacebattles, but for some reason I don't have a bookmark so I'm assuming it's one of those two.

19. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    This one, I think?

20. Piera Jade

Piera Jade Muggle

Was trying to re-find a fanfic on Fanfiction.net (at least I'm pretty sure that's where I read it).

Harry Potter fic. Main character is an original female character already most of the way through Hogwarts. Can't fully remember what house she was in other than not Gryffindor. Set in same time period of Harry Potter books. Snape teaches her a lot about potions and somehow she ends up being a double agent like him, learning to brew potions for the Dark Lord but remaining faithful to Dumbledore/The Order. Does go past her graduation out of Hogwarts. Also later in the fic she and one of the Weasley twins end up falling in love and it's very hard for them to meet.

I think her name might have been Persephone because I remember Perse/Percy being used as a nickname and being made fun of (cuz Percy Weasley) but I MIGHT be mixing that up with another fic.

This really is driving me insane though, can't remember the fic title or author and have tried using filters to search on FFN and Arichive of Our Own but have come up with zilch.

Last edited: May 30, 2018