1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Stray Cat Strut by Case13/Griever - M - Bleach/CLAMP

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Knyght, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Title: Stray Cat Strut
    Author: Case13 (aka Fosfor)/Griever
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Supernatural
    Length: 42,403
    Summary: Once upon a time, a boy who was met a cat that wasn't. Things sort of snowballed from there ... but hey, he's not complaining. AU cowritten with Griever
    Link: FF.net, FicWad

I just happened to remember this old thing after re-reading Frozen Sky and thought I'd share.

It's about Ichigo meeting Yoruichi shortly after the loss of his mother while she was keeping an eye out for him on Isshin's behalf. It evolves into a friendship/mentoring type relationship where they hang out together and she shows him how to move and fight using spiritual energy for the sheer fun of it. And it's not long before Tatsuki gets herself involved given how much closer she was to Ichigo as kids.

The story peaks in the first five chapters when it hits the battle with Grand Fisher and actually brings to a proper conclusion unlike in the manga. After that it brings Chad into the story - who I do like - as it starts covering their jobs dealing with ghosts and supernaturals but they're not that interesting and then it gets abandoned exactly where it reaches the start of canon.

It's also technically also a crossover with CLAMP's xxxHolic and Tokyo Babylon but don't worry if you've never heard of them. It just borrows a couple of characters; a witch who owns a shop and an onmyouji who's barely around.

3/5