1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Suicide Squad

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by IAmJustAnotherGuy, May 4, 2015.

1. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    So yeah, new trailer.

This raises several questions. First of all, the very first sequence of the trailer is an American official asking "Who could stop Superman?" before the formation of the SS is suggested.
    The SS could not stop Superman. In no way, shape or form. So that felt of a weird mention to throw in there.

Also, the Superman mention confirms that SS is not taking place before Man of Steel. Which brings me to my most important question. We saw on BvS that Batman merely marking criminals (which lead to their death in jail) was enough to get Superman to visit and threaten him, yet the SS will presumably prance around shooting and killing people with no intervention?

Dunno, I feel like they should've probably done their best to ignore Superman's existence or better yet set it before his emergence.

Besides that, trailer was good. And I mean gud. I liked pretty much anything I saw (besides the weird opening question).

3. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Well, aversion to Batman's actions came mainly, or rather only, from Superman. Perry White didn't care, which implies that the people in general didn't either, and I'm willing to bet the government couldn't give any fucks either, since he was only targeting criminals. The SS would, I'm willing to bet, not be viewed favourably by Superman either, nor will Batman likely be very happy with their existence.

As for the stopping Superman bit, yeah, it did seem weird. To me it felt like something of an echo of Avengers, perhaps, the DC equivalent of Phase 2, having a team of superpowered people under their absolute control to deal with extraordinary threats. While Superman would likely shrug them off without much trouble, I'm thinking the analogy is more to consider their potential response to other superproblems, like the thing we saw tearing up the train station.

4. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    We also saw something in BvS that could explain the lack of intervention.

Superman's untimely demise - it could be set between his sacrificial defeat of Doomsday and his entirely expected resurrection (just to complete the overtly painful Christ metaphor Snyder has been throat fucking us with for two movies).

I'm not sold on Suicide Squad. Again, we've got an ensemble cast of some of the more popular DC heroes/villains, but this is the first time we're seeing them. Reeks of DC playing catch-up to Marvel by skipping important, individual character development movies. Arguably, that wouldn't work with villains.

Still feeling like I'm watching the DC cinematic universe on fast-forward.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    But that can't be it.

If that were the case, 'Who could stop Superman?' wouldn't be an issue, since he's still considered dead.

6. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    BvS spoiler:

Nah, I'd argue that the dude at the beginning of the new SS trailer is presenting a hypothetical. His language is past tense: 'What if Superman had decided'. Not: 'What if Superman decides...'

Not entirely definitive, but I'll bet you a pizza, Rep, it's set after BvS. ;)

I agree it's an entirely moot point, however, a bullshit argument, as the SS would have no shot against Superman were he alive to bother.

7. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    That's a sucker's bet, Joe, but I'll take it if it means you coming to the London meet to collect that pizza.

Joe
  8. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Even if this film sucks, at least we will have these really cool trailers.

As for the argument when it happens, no-prize answer (nobody expects a Marvel reference ;)) is that the first scene happens before and the finale happens either after or maybe at the same time as BvS battle.