1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Superman

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by DarthBill, Oct 28, 2010.

1. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I didn't really know where to post this.

Does anyone know what happens to Superman under a blue sun?

Just curious.

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

He is more powerful and have a new "supervision" that can gave humans Kryptonian like abilities for a short time.

3. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

How can he be more powerful?

4. Celestin

Well, post-crisis (after 1985) Superman isn't that powerful anymore (with pre-crisis we are talking about pushing planets from their orbits powerful) so it's not that hard.

As for how that exactly works with "comics physic" - I'm not sure. Probably something with yellow he has powers, red he doesn't have powers, so if we go to the left of an electromagnetic spectrum he should be even more powerful.

5. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

Suppose I was thinking about he most recent Superman movie. You know, where he got shot in the eye and didn't even blink. I don't guess that counts as canon, though.

How does Superman cut his hair? Does he even need to? 'Cuz if I were him, I'd grow it out a bit before each cut, keep it all, and have it woven into cloth to sell to people who want to make bullet proof shirts and stuff.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  6. Fiat

Fiat The Chosen One DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work. Once it was no longer attached to him, it'd just be hair. His body projects some kind of electromagnetic field (or some other retarded bullshit) that keeps him invulnerable.

7. Celestin

Well, getting shot in the eye isn't much problem for Superman even in comics. But for example getting nuked is. Or various different methods to kill him. Recently, there was a story called War of Supermen, where 100 000 of Kryptonians (long story where they came from) were killed by human army using methods prepared by Lex Luthor (like making our Sun red when they were flying in space).

As for cutting his hair. Pre-crisis Superman didn't need to do it, because they didn't grow when he was on Earth.

Post-crisis is using his heat vision.

8. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

...Is this thread for real?

Next you'll be asking how Superman clips his toenails, or if he has to poop, or if his ability to absorb sunlight impedes on his ability to tan.

9. Celestin

The same as with his hair pre-crisis didn't have to, post is using his heat vision.

He can live on sunlight alone, but if he eats something then he needs to poop.

Yes, unless we are talking about Superman from Secret Identity.

Anymore questions? ;)

10. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

I had one regarding the status of your virginity, but...I think that one was answered ;)

11. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

This guy beat you to it.

12. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

How would heat vision cut hair? I'm pretty sure that heat doesn't bounce off mirrors the same way lazers do. Even still, wouldn't it just set his hair on fire?

I'm not saying the bullet to the eye should have blinded him or anything; I'm just saying he should have blinked. I have to blink when I get dust in my eye.

@Careotters: Holy shit! The missing link!

13. Celestin

It may be called heat vision, but in the end it can also work like a laser. And before you ask how it doesn't cut a mirror anyway if it can cut almost anything else, he is using a fragment from his childhood spaceship.

And if we are talking about a laser visions - did you know that Cyclops (the one from X-Men) doesn't have a laser vision? His eyes contain inter-dimensional apertures, releasing energies from another dimension. They do not give off heat and instead deliver concussive force.

14. Rayndeon

Rayndeon Professor

Okay guys, do you really mean to tell me that we're discussing Superman's daily lifestyle without mentioning this?

15. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Of course, the word "consistency" doesn't seem to register with comic book writers, so the rules of Cyclops' power are a giant clusterfuck.

As if that weren't already mentioned in every single discussion of Superman's powers since that thing came out.