1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Season 4 starts tonight! Anybody going to be watching?

2. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Damn good episode, reminded me a lot of the Dresden Files what with the
    Angel
    and all. My prediction for the season is
    Dean and Sam will continue to fight evil as usual but Dean will be fighting on behalf of the right side, and Sam will be fighting on behalf of the demons without realizing it. It will probably end with Ruby being evil all along and Sam being the antichrist type character

3. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That was an awesome episode but

I don't think that Castiel is exactly what he claims to be, I'm kind of getting the opposite feeling of Anlun. No actual holy angel is going to melt some woman's eye's out of her skull like that if he can help it. However I think its very cool that Sam is using his powers now.

4. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

My mind is boggling...

I'm willing to buy the whole she had a choice and her eyes burning out of her sockets were a result of her own actions.

But the whole possesing thing seems a bit iffy to me.
    I'd bet that the angel is the antichrist himself.

Sam will be told to stop developing his powers when in reality he should do the opposite.

Honestly I think bobby has more plot than has been let on. Sam and Dean have sacrificed while he has stood on the sidelines, I think he had something to do with deans resurection.

On a side note... Smallville sucks ass!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  5. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Great season opener! I have a feeling that Sam and Dean are going to be working on opposite sides, though.

6. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Yes, yes it did. That was terrible and I'm ashamed I watched it. I wish they would hype Supernatural, a show worth watching as much as they do Smallville.

In regards to the eye thing, he did warn her, she was just being a bitch. I think he's who he says he is, but he's just by the books about things. He does what he's told, he warns and if you don't heed the warning you get fucked.
    Bobby strikes me as someone important too, we've seen all sorts of levels of demons yet we never see any notice of a good side. That's why I think Castiel was added. There needs to be another side. I have a feeling Ruby (shittiest character ever) is more than she lets on as well.

Side Note: Did anyone get a Dresden Files vibe throughout the entire episode?

7. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Very much so...

My new theory is that Castiel is actually going to turn into a demon. Or is turning...

Demon being an angel who turns away from God kind of thing...

But him being an angel before hand rather than a tortured soul like the average demons dean and sam have faced will make him an uber one.

That and the hand prints will mean something more...

8. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I thought the episode was pretty good. The first thing I thought when I saw Castiel's shadowy wings, was that he was a fallen angel. Nothing he did seemed very heavenly to me.

9. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The episode was stunning. Just when I think this show can't suprise me anymore, this happens. Totally makes up for the wasted hour of my life spent watching Smallville. Without Lex and Lionel the already bad show has gotten worse.

I loved everything about the (Supernatural) episode aired. I especially enjoyed Bobby continuously attacking Dean and splashing holy water in his face.

Dean's reaction to Sam's I-Pod jack and emo music in the Impala was classic.

I honestly did not expect Castiel to be an Angel, if he is indeed telling the truth. Did anyone else see him in that trenchcoat and be reminded of the Hellblazer character, John Constantine?

Also, it seems as if the brothers will be working against each other this season, what with Sam working with Ruby and God wanting Dean to work for him. Maybe this will be like Cain vs Abel....?

I'm extremely happy that the show did so well in the ratings. It got a 3.96, the best the shows ever gotten on the CW. I can't wait until Thursday.

10. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Its one of the few good things to come out of the CW

I miss the days when it was UPN and the WB. Now their respective faults are amplified and joined together in some kind of horrible amalgamation of crapitude. UPN's Angst crappiness with WB's Horrible acting...

But supernatural seems to avoid the traps. Hopefully they end the series on a high... This is the last season right?

11. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Kripke has a plan for a 5 season arc. But due to the not knowing if the network is going to tank or even renew the series, I heard he is writing like this is his last season. If the ratings continue to do as well as they did Thursday, season 5 should have no trouble getting renewed.

12. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Tonight's episode was pretty good. It seemed just like a regular stand-alone at first, but became a major mythology episode. Castiel continues to be awesome.

What do you guys think of the direction the series is taking? I for one, can't wait to see how this all plays out.

13. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Tonight was pretty good, however the way Kripke is taking the show could end up awesome or in complete fail depending on

How Lucifer comes back, The way I'm personally hoping for is that they are gunning for Sam to be Lucifer's avatar on earth or something like that and that's why Azazel picked him and gave him his powers.

14. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

Despite their suckiness, the WB has actually managed to produce some of the greatest shows on television. They produced Buffy and Angel, Gilmore Girls (which is not really for the DLP demographic but has some of the best writing I've ever seen in a show), Veronica Mars, Supernatural, etc.

As for this being the last season- I've been watching Supernatural since the 1st season, and since the beginning they've been planning it like the current season is the last season. All WB shows have that problem. That's why Gilmore Girls had such a terrible ending and that's part of why Buffy jumped networks after season 5. It can't be helped, and I advise not thinking about it until around March and decision time roll around.

15. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I have a rather dumb question. How do I make spoiler tags. I haven't seem to have mastered those yet. So yes there are SPOILERS is this post.

Hmm. Apparently this is the badass Old Testament God.

I hope Castiel sticks around for a while. He and Dean play off of each other rather well. He's definitely not the harp and halo type. "I dragged you out of Hell. I can throw you back in."

16. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

I *know* it's a quote from a movie, but he's an angel, not a saint. He serves God, no one else. If ordered to do horrifying things, he'll do them. Any individual human has a functional life span equivalent to a mayfly to him. And he just lost six brothers. Six. They've been together since before the First War in Heaven. And now angels are dying. Again.

Castiel is being rather impressively strong and faithful. It isn't unexpected: he serves his Master. But his goals are NOT our goals, his ethics are not our ethics, his reasoning and logic and mores bear little resemblance to ours.

Dean better get the hell with the program. He has to stop trying to apply pre-teen Sunday school education and realise we are discussing biblical angels. Not nice guys.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  17. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

What I don't get is if he lost 6 brothers, who were they fighting? If it was demons then how come Ruby had no idea Angels were real? She thought they were a myth. So if Angels do fight against demons, why are demons so surprised they exist? And what kills an Angel, I wonder?

18. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

One of the Fallen, I guess, would be a sufficient opponent. But I doubt six of them would be able to get here without major portents. They used weapons during the War - the Fallen might have kept them.

If I understand it, devils are the Fallen, led by the Devil. A demon is an intelligent creature who (through a bargain or what I would have to describe as merit) holds a higher rank in hell than the rest of the ordinary damned.

As for Ruby's lack of information, well I suppose that she just doesn't have the contacts or education in Divine matters to know what's happening on the other side. As soon as Sam said that Dean was in contact with an Angel, Ruby ran for it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2008
  19. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Double post, but it's been a while:

OK. That was creepy and horrifying. I can't imagine suddenly discovering that I am genetically forced to become a monster. You can't help but feel for that guy. Dean's statement that "You're an alcoholic swimming in whiskey" really brought it home to me. His poor wife ... and now I'm thinking "final solution" for the pregnancy, just like the other hunter.

Did anyone catch why the afflicted had to be burned alive?

Here's a quote to remember:
    It doesn't matter what you are, what matters is what you do.

20. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The other hunter, Travis, said thats the only way he found to kill the creatures.

And yes, it has been a while. Last week it was great to see the Yellow-Eyed Demon again, even if it was in a different meat suit. Mary's family being hunters was a complete shock; and the Angels threatening to stop Sam left me speechless. The Back to the Future references were all amusing. :)

Last nights episode, while returning to Monster of the Week format, was great as well. Dean confronting Sam in the beginning was an amazing moment. You can tell that Dean doesn't trust Sam as much as he used to. "If I didn't know you...... I'd want to hunt you."

I'm constantly surprised at how much gore the show gets away with. Not that I'm complaining of course. :awesome