1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

What he said. Honestly I was expecting a little more about Dean's time in hell. And what is with those two? Dean says something shocking and meaningful and Sam is like "huh?". And why is he always emoting on the Imapala? But I agree, this episode really did freak me out.

2. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I thought this was one of the weaker episodes, especially for a startup episode meant to bring people back after a break. It was a good filler episode, but not a good episode for the situation. The family was very disconnected and they poorly acted. No one gave a shit when the uncle died, and they seemed to handle the whole people trying to kill them thing without any emotion.

The next few episodes are seemingly filler up until we can get back to the original plot-line of the seals being released.

3. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Lol, Uncle Ted got dead.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Agreed. Little girl with a knife is always shit-brix worthy.

5. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm willing to forgive them for not coming back with something earth-shattering, plot wise, given that they didn't finish the fall season with a cliffhanger the way most series do, but this one was a little weak.

Dean made me wtf a couple of times, with his sudden "I must save everyone" tortured hero kick, and even more with his "Like you know what Hell is like" comment to Sam.

The guy refuses to talk about it for months, now he's throwing it in Sam's face like he's got a secret decoder ring or something?

The brother/sister-people-under-the-stairs thing was pretty well done.

6. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I wouldn't mind dean having a saving people thing if it was consistent since he came back. But now he's kind of shifting into a higher gear simply to suit his new revelation.

I haven't looked at the credits but I'm thinking there was a new writer or director for this episode. It was not up to par with supernaturals standards.

Though I will admit Basement children are a bit freaky.

And what was with the nightvision handy cam moment with the girl and boy.

That may have been the biggest WTF for me.

7. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Overall, I liked it. It was a good solid episode. The ending with Dean's confession, although a good scene, felt tacked on and out of place with the rest of episode.

The next episode is titled "Criss Angel Is A Douche Bag."

Sounds good already.

8. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

He's always had a saving people thing, so that doesn't bother me. It's that he's suddenly so dramatic about it. With Dean, it's always been more like "I do this because this is what I do", with no further explanation needed.

I understand that he's torn up about what happened to him, but the sudden shift in attitude was a little annoying to me.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

What I want to know is how the basement twins knew how to write. I don't think their father/grandfather would have taught them how. Hell, I don't think they know how to freaking speak. o_O

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Probably self learned. They had to know how to speak. The girl told the Son that she didn't like grown ups and his parents had to leave.

11. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

... how do you self learn English? o_o

12. Glernaj

Glernaj Stab Executive DLP Supporter

Through exposure. After all, the dad was still living in the house for years, so they probably overheard it.

13. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

I think he meant to read and write english.

It could be that the Suicide daughter taught one of them before she kicked it.

presumably it would have taken time for the second child to be born unless they were twins.

I'd lean toward the daughter being born first and beign taught to read and then the brother being born after and being taken care of by the girl.

He seems more ferrel than the girl.

But lol at the girl licking the other girls hand. That got a chucle out of me. That actually also freaked me out the most.

I would so shit my pants right then and there. No force on earth could keep me there after that.

14. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

God, I still can't believe I actually watch a show aired on the CW.

15. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

4 minutes in and it's already full of win. lol Criss Angel is a douchebag indeed.

16. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

Episode was much better.

My only beef was that the boys didn't really do much at all this episode except expunge dialog and get attacked.

And all magicians are douche's now a days... I blame video games.

Video games and twilight...

17. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

It was an ok episode, and Sam finally gets a bit more character development. I don't know what it was but I just felt like something was off about this episode.

It did have its moments though. Chief being one of them.

18. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

Chief should have his own show! And I loved how they used the word "douche bag" about 12 times in 5 minutes. But I HATE Ruby (at least the actress that plays her) and I want her to die slowly.

19. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I don't mind the character of Ruby but that actress sucks. The episode wasn't the greatest but I got a laugh. This episode was simply giving a reason for Sam returning to using his psychic mojo. It could of been done better but I liked the idea behind it, and Chief was funny.

20. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

While I generally like dean and sam as kids flashbacks. I kind of got annoyed with this episode.

Something about the cliche bully fight with the nerd( sam) thwarting the bully to the applause and support of his peers made me shake my head.

I was practicly exepecting some one to start clapping and slowly it would build up to a thunderous applause.

And frankly I'm still pissed with who ever is casting or directing these episodes as all the extras are horrible. You could see the disorganized mumbling that was dubbed over with some one saying ( yeah thats an awesome name, "Derk The Jerk") and the rest dubbed to thurderous cheers.

I am looking forward to the next episode cause its trailer looks suitably horror filled.

But frankly I was more entertained with smallville tonight. And thats sad.