1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I actually really liked this episode. Learned a bit more about Dean and Sam when they were kids, and holy fuck, the actor they chose for teenage Dean looked A LOT like Dean. I could actually see him being the teenage version.

That being said, this season is definitely not as good as the last one though. The first few episodes with the war between Heaven and Hell, with the Angels being soulless motherfuckers, etc etc were epic. They fit in with the awesomeness of the last two seasons. I want to see more of the Fallen Angel.

Basically, Supernatural needs more apocalyptic stuff going on. Needs more fucking 66 seals. I thought that that was what this whole season was going to be about, Dean and Sam trying to keep the Seals from being broken -- but no, it's back to the episodic format the first season was in. It's not bad, exactly, it's just not as good as the story with a central plotline that's being actively pursued. And I can usually tell who the mystery person is way before they figure it out. And what happens next? Burn the bones, throw salt, burn the lock of hair. Much better when they were fighting Lilith and Sam was torturing Demons.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

The kid Sam kicking ass was immensely satisfying. Agreed with Sree on the Apocalyptic stuff though.

3. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I really liked this one, with the exception of the big fight scene, which was neither big nor much of a fight.

Dean teaching dodgeball was by far the best part ("The whistle makes me their God!"), and they get bonus points for throwing in an "I Spit on Your Grave" reference.

4. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Well its kind of hard to do all those things when the network doesn't give you any money to work with. That's why the past few episodes have been more character and atmosphere based rather than continuing the apocalyptic storyline. I'm sure there saving there money for episodes with the Angels, 66 Seals, etc.

5. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

I found the episode depressing. It wasn't bad but christ everyone is fucked up. You have suicidal nerd, drug overdosed bully, and hands/body parts flying at that school. This was another Sam development episode which leads me to believe the season ender will be big with him. It kept on with him doing the "family" business and wether that's what he wanted to do with his life. It seems like they're doing a sort of 'Sam is destined for greater' which they have been building up for awhile.

I would of loved to see the expression on that teachers face after all that shit.
    Sam "You inspired me to do something different with my life, and to be something separate from my family"

Teacher "Wow I'm so proud of you, so what are you doing"

Sam "...I followed the family business"

Teacher "... oh... that's good... I guess"

Dean's younger self was well cast but lol he was taller than the actual Dean.

6. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Good episode, we finally get a confrontation between the brothers. Too bad, it wasn't really resolved. I liked Dean's ultimate downfall was a little brother who looked up to him, and someone he could trust. Besides, it was a nice swerve, instead of the doctor, or some bitch in a G-string. Sam getting beat up after he says how Dean holds him back really made me laugh. Maybe, it will finally lead him to embracing his powers.

Dean was as funny as usual. "We finally get to work a case with strippers" or "I'm not doing it for you, I'm doing it for the girls.

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Agreed it was a good episode with the confrontation but was I the only one waiting for Sam to bust out the demon mojo and choke Dean stupid? That aside I like the episodes they've been running but I was really looking forward to seeing more of the interaction between Sam and Ruby now that hes agreed to go as far as he can go with his powers. A lot of interesting points have been made in the show about Sam's gifts that make curious. For instance Alistair is supposedly on the very high end of the totem pole in hell, and I thought that was why Sammy couldn't mind gank him, but Ruby has stated that the only reason he couldn't do it is because "he let himself get flabby."

I suppose what I'm really hoping to see is at the end of Sam's training if he can mind gank the angels as well.

8. Big D on a Diet

FUCK YEAH IBC ROOT BEER!!!

Gagged on the angst a little, and the fight was yet another example of how this too often veers into "The Dean Winchester Show" [size=-4](Guest-starring Sam Winchester)[/size]. Sam should have won the fight for dramatic effect, because it sure sounded to me like he was the one making the more valid points during the talk-up.

I don't think that Supernatural has ever made an episode that I didn't like, but this wasn't one of my favorites. Squirting dude!siren venom into another dude's mouth is just fucking gross.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  9. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Yeah I noticed the root beer too. The spitting was indeed gross but there was one thing I didn't get; was the slutty doctor a doctor, or a siren? I'm assuming she was just a doctor, but if she was, damn.

I laughed at the scene with Dean going "So now your banging monsters now?"

Yeah the episode did seem Dean heavy again, but I'm positive the next part of the season will be very Sam heavy. I think they're giving Dean his moments now so people don't get annoyed when Sam is in everything later. Oh and Bobby ftw. That guy fucking saves their asses all the time. And I love how later he always says "You've saved my ass countless times before". When the fuck was this? Bobby seems to do everything.

Overall not the best episode, but still good enough to wash the bad taste of Smallville out of my mouth. I will never look at Superman the same after that show.

10. Big D on a Diet

Slutty doctor was merely a slutty doctor.

I don't know. It seems like even when the plot revolves around Sam, it's still all about Dean. Like in the second season, when they spend months teasing the deep, dark secret that John told Dean before he died, making you think it was the truth about Sam, only to learn that John told Dean to "save your brother or kill him", so the rest of season was Dean emoting about that. Third season was all Dean, all the time, and maybe rightfully so, but it can get a little wearying sometimes.

One brother might be the Anti-Christ, but it seems like the plot always comes back to how that makes Dean feel.

And Bobby is the shit.

11. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

12. Big D on a Diet

Nuff said. They're just screwing around. The ratings for this season are up by something like 30%, so I doubt they'd try to fuck up the formula now.

13. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    On top of that there's the fact that the guy is only signed on for one episode, that kind of all lends itself to the idea that it's nothing more than the Supernatural writers giving a big "fuck you" to all the other crappy shows that have to resort to desperate stunts like that.

14. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

The CW kinda sucks--I heard they still haven't officially renewed the show for next season, so everybody's kinda sitting around going 'uuuuh...'--and they already penned the script for a season finale just in case.

Not that they're not coming back for another season, but man--whoever is in charge of telling them is a dick!

Also, I agree with the Dean-centric feel of the show these days; it makes me kind of mad actually. I like Dean and everything, but I feel sympathetic toward Sam--he's the hero of the show for me, and I get pissed every time those freakin angels come down and act like Dean is a saint, and Sam is evil, even though its not his fault he has demon blood or whatever and he's done nothing but sacrifice for the whole show.... AH. Makes me mad. Stupid angels.

And like... why is Dean mad that Sam is hunting Lillith? Didn't we already establish that she's the one breaking the seals? What is this 'there's more than one head on the snake' bullshit? Logic says that if Lillith is the most bad ass demon, and you kill Lillith, then everything else that tries something is a cake walk, right? Urg.

Did anyone else think the kid who played Sam in the high school episode was freakin awesome?

15. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Dean has no idea what Sam was doing, just that he was talking to Ruby behind his back and lying to him about it...

Ruby = Using his awesome demon powers

16. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

Well, this is disappointing. We only get a repeat episode this week.

17. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

o_o

Almost all shows are showing repeats. Most are on a short hiatus, I believe.

18. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

1. We won't know if the show will be back next season until the up-fronts in May.

2. Supernatural will be in repeats until March 12th, along with many other shows. This is because of the planned DTV switch, which has since been delayed. March is sweeps month this year.

3. While the show has been Dean-heavy lately, the first two seasons were all about Sam. I think we'll see much more Sam-heavy soon, as he seems to be getting closer and closer to dark side.

4. The third brother is most likely just a joke, hence the title "Jump the Shark"

19. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

20. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

Oh. My.
    That was incredible.
    Thank you for posting that addy.