1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, May 17, 2007.

1. Ashton Knight

Ashton Knight Disappeared DLP Supporter

High Score:
    God's sister? *Sigh* I'm just gonna wait until the series is over and then power through all the bullshit.

Past Season 5, I've always liked the side stories more. I feel that it goes back to the roots of the show back when it was just Dean and Sam roaming the country and when the monsters were actually slightly scary.

2. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Yeah that's the thing. Demons used to mean trouble. Now Sam and Dean can storm a nest with very little trouble. It's an issue because they've been written into a corner. On one side, Sam and Dean have survived fucking everything and the demons/monsters need to respectand fear that. On the other side, at this point they are so badass that any actual threat/scary stuff doesn't work because they've survived so much.

It's hit or miss, really.

3. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    Yeah, it's kind of funny when you remember that the antagonist for the first 2 seasons was just a mere demon but now they're fighting God's fucking sister (And how deos that even work, do they have parents or something?)

4. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

God existing without parents is completely believable, but two people isn't? I mean, if they are both brought into existence at the same time, regardless of birth, I'd call that person a sister too.

To be fair, there hasn't really been any fighting. The one chance Dean gets to fight her one on one she basically says "You don't want to fight me" and Dean goes "Okay."

My guess is it's something like this.

God = Force of Creation
    Darkness = Force of Destruction.

P.S One interesting thing from this season is the repercussion of Dean killing Death last season. A reaper has come out and said that they are holding a grudge and the next time Sam or Dean dies, there will be no heaven, or hell, or purgatory followed by resurrection, but instead they'll be wiped from existence. Perhaps this is a way to solve the problem that we stopped caring about any potential death, because a revival was always in the works.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
  5. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    Except to be God, you have to be omnipotent, omniscient and all that. If you fall even slightly short of that then you're not God.

I'm not saying this because I'm Christian or anything (Because I'm not) but this guyis not God. He's just an extremely powerful Reality Warper.

6. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

How does being Omnipotent and Omniscient have anything to do with what I said?

7. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    That's what God(s) are in the end, aren't they? Extremely powerful reality warpers, with emphasis on both, extremely and powerful.

Whether you call them that or Gods, in the end, doesn't really matter. There is really no "just" about it.

As to Dean and Sam's strength or whatever we are calling it, yeah, they've survived everything and killed everything and everyone they have ever come up against, with only 3 exceptions, one being Crowley who is alive because the writers need him to be alive, since he is a fan favourite who is not a woman, and the two surviving Archangels in the Cage.

The thing is, they still come across enemies that either don't know who they are, like the Frankenstein family, or the occasional god, demon, monster or whatever, and at this point, yeah, that's just stupid. There should be wanted posters of the Winchersters in every supernatural establishment saying "DO NOT FUCK WITH".

The other is, well, they didn't exactly kill those entities by being smarter, stronger, more inventive/creative, ruthless or capable or anything, or by improving at all. They did it, mostly, because enemies tend to just lightly throw the Winchersters across the room without ever using a weapon or their abilities with the intent to kill and if they do get the drop on one Winchester, they tend to tie him up and monologue, giving that Winchester time to escape on his own or his brother to come and shank him from behind.

That's really the problem, if the demons, or whatever they are facing, did anything beside try to fistfight awkwardly or lightly push them around with telekinesis, the Winchersters wouldn't have made it past season 2. That wasn't really a problem before because we gave the show a lot more slack back then but by now, it's just jarring.

Fights scenes are just boring slogs at this point. Have been for quite a while.

8. Ashton Knight

High Score:
    Yeah, it just doesn't make sense why demons (Or other entities that know who the Winchesters are) don't go in straight for the kill. No monologuing, no leaving them to their fate, no stretching out their deaths or anything else stupid.

By the way, does anyone know when the show is ending?

9. Viper0z

Viper0z Squib DLP Supporter

I feel like it peaked at season 5. Everything after just pales in comparison

10. Joe

Joe The Reminiscent Exile ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter ⭐⭐⭐

High Score:
    Having watched today's episode, with you know who, I think they're trying to grasp at some of that Season Five magic. It's not not working, really. I'm enjoying Supernatural this season.

11. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

This has been far more enjoyable than many Supernatural arcs.

12. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Yeah,
    Lucifer is enjoyable for now, hope they don't fuck him up.

Why is he alone in the cage, though? Where are Adam and Michael?

13. Rache

Rache Headmaster

I dont think Adams soul would survive in the cage. I mean look at the version of Sam's soul that was in the pit. Supernatural has always killed off interesting characters very lamely. I mean, look at CAIN for hell's sake.

I know I'll be going to hell for this, but LUCIFER FTW.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2015
  14. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

This season as a whole has actually really felt better than the last few. I find myself actually really enjoying things at times. It's obvious they're trying to recapture the feel of the early seasons and some of their better episodes. There's been quite a bit more comedy than there has been lately, like there was in the beginning. For example, the episode with the Imaginary Friends really had that air of...I'm not even sure what to call it really.

It's not on the level of the Alcoholic, Living Teddy Bear with the Existential Crisis and Failed Suicide. But it's a step in that direction and something I loved about the show way back when.

15. Maphisto40

Maphisto40 First Year

High Score:
    That wasn't the real cage. It was a second cage that was set up in Limbo by Crowley, so Rowena could ward it with the Book of the Damned as a "safe" place for Sam to meet with Lucifer. He was then summoned from the real cage to the fake one.

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Wait, wait.

Is Lucy back?

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    No matter how shit the plot gets, Supernatural maintains good side characters.

Still waiting for Gabriel to appear.

18. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Lucifer showed up in the episode before break, and it looks like he'll be in the episode upon return. Not sure how long they can possibly keep him though without basically reverting to season 4-5 though.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  19. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I'm really not enjoying this Lucifer in Castiel's vessel thing. The actor just doesn't have the chops to impersonate Mark Pellegrino's character.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I dunno, I felt he pulled it off decently.