1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SW:The Force Unleashed (2)

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Republic, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    [​IMG]
    Your ideas on the trailers, known facts, plot and stuff.
    Also discussion about TFU 1 is more than acceptable.

P.S:If there is already a thread about it, someone please point me to the right direction and lock this.

2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

One Word: Maulkiller. Hybrid clone of the Apprentice and Maul.

It exists in this.

Where is your Force now, heathen?

3. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    This?
    [​IMG]
    I'm unimpressed. he doesnt look cool, and his name is totally unoriginal. Not to mention, he died on his own, due to faulty DNA or something like that.

4. Antivash

Yes I mean that. And its going to be a pre-order bonus for Xbox and PS3, so there is a pretty good chance that's a line of sith and Vader has it out somewhere fucking shit up for everyone.

Either way, not including it does not preclude it from ruining the game. The mere fact that it existed leaves me with a hole miles deep in my soul where respect for Lucas once was. First the Chihuahua Jedi ... then Jedi Dinasaurs ...now this.

5. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'll show you something to raise your respect for Lucas.
    [​IMG]

Are we sure that the clones int he end of the trailer were Marek clones? Maybe they were Maulkiller clones?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
  6. Antivash

Aside from the fact that its too small, I remain unimpressed. And yes. We are certain most of them are clones of Marek. Its kind of the point of the game, if I remember right.

Also, I suggest picking up a book on grammar and such. you could use a few brush ups... Marek is a name. Capitalize it. And this isn't a chat room, so you can afford to slow down and not make mistakes.

7. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    In TUF1 I Force-threw a Jawa so far over the horizon I didn't get the crash landing bonus for a full five minutes. If I can repeat that in the sequel, I'll be happy.

8. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Ah... ok... you sure I need a grammar book for that? Maybe you've let your inner writer dominate way too much? In any case, I'll be careful not to do it again.

The second game is supposed to be a clone of the original Marek with the original's memories. Though no one said he made more than one. And it would make sense if it were Maulkiller, because it showed after Marek displayed all that skill and slaughtered the Imperials and said "Nobody can" stop him. Maybe it worked to show how wrong he was. Maybe Maulkiller will be a boss.

9. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

White lightsabers?

DO WANT

10. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

KOTOR II. Have had.

On topic: Never played FU, though wanted to just for Vader part everyone said they got right. However. Maulkiller? Their names merged? LOL. When bad fanfic ideas crop into million-dollar games, I must question who is in charge. I know one thing, I won't be playing it for the plot.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Never played KOTOR2 personally. Computer couldn't support it.

Anyone else ever thought that the dialogues in TFU were the most natural of SW games so far? No more that cool monotone of the hero's voice. Galen's voice showed annoyance, pain and other emotions perfectly. I'll give the game this much.

12. Lecter

Lecter Seventh Year

Will there be dismemberment? If not, I'm not interested.

13. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

From an interview I saw with the developers (on Xbox Live), I believe there will be dismemberments, although I have no clue of how gory that it will be. If you want dismemberments in a Star Wars game, I suggest Jedi Knight 2 & 3. I can't remember if the TFU had dismemberments.

At any rate, the first game was pretty fun. I didn't like the action a whole bunch (I liked the action from Jedi Knight 2 much more in comparison), it just felt sorta off too me. But the graphics and the enviroments were well done. Likewise was the plot and the voice actors, in particular Sam Witwer as the Apprentice.
    What I liked the most about the first game was how epic the developers tried to make it, to show just what could be done with Force. Awesome.

In conclusion, this is one of those games I'll get eventually, but not right away. I doubt I'll enjoy it enough for it too be worth it's launch price.

14. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Dismemberment has been confirmed. No blood though, at least I havent seen any in the videos they published. So far the dismemberment I've seen are hands, legs, heads and in half. There may be diagonal, who knows? And there WOULD be no blood, since the lightsaber cauterizes the wound.

15. Antivash

16. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So I guess this is out, does anyone have it? Is it good?

Oh, and do I need to have played the first one to step into this sequel?

17. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

I've had a crack at the demo on the PS3. They've made the character look smaller in order to make the levels look bigger I think, which I dont like. It certainly has a different feel to it. The graphics have a very slight cartoonish feel to them which is probably a result of the attempt to improve the graphics.

They have removed force shield and replaced it with Mind Trick, which is a bit shit cause I like to smash the shit out of as many people as possible rather than have the enemy do it for me. Also they have added Force Fury which sends the character into some sort of force frenzy where all force and sabre attacks receive a major power boost and do different things.

I have read that the main game is only 5 hours of gameplay which, for a full priced ps3 title, is utterly unacceptable, lazy and shit. Especially with a lack of any other game modes.

I will still buy it when it's released in the UK tomorrow cause i'll enjoy running around being a jedi, but will probably trade it in as soon as something else that tickes my fancy comes out.

Don't know if you need to play the first, though I doubt it. I think the story will make reference to the previous game and what went on.

18. Silens Cursor

Silens Cursor The Silencer DLP Supporter

Played the demo - if this is what it's going to be like, then I'm not wasting my money.

Does anyone remember the good Star Wars games anymore, the ones that actually had a modicum of canonical sense to them and had great gameplay to match? In all due fairness, I'd rather spend my money on a full remake and graphical upgrade of TIE Fighter or Star Wars Rebellion or even the original Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight (with the live-action cut-scenes kept in, obviously) than waste it on this shite.

19. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Can't forget Rogue Squadron 2: Rogue Leader. That game was :awesome.

20. JWH

JWH Unspeakable

I'd kill to get a good SW Rebellion remake - think Heart of Iron. Also, Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance, truly epic games.