1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Synchronicity By: slexenskee - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Peter North, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Peter North

Peter North Dark Lord

Title: Synchronicity
    Author: slexenskee
    Rating: T
    Chapters: 17
    Words: 135,937
    Updated: October 16,2015
    Published: June 21, 2008

Summary:
    Ever since the seal broke, Naruto's life has changed. He's been thrust into ANBU: he's starting to lose sight of which half is him and which half is his demon, he can't seem to find his way back to team seven, and he's been having these weird dreams - with a sky wrenched apart by a broken moon, a man with a staff, and a version of him with glowing, nine-tomoe eyes.

Link:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4339589/1/Synchronicity

I found this fic to be pretty well written grammar wise and the story itself is very interesting. Since there have been quite a few positive reviews for it I figured I'd post here to get other opinions.

Edit by Minion: Oh, yeah, while we - the staff - are really appreciating that people post stories for review, we also would appreciate it if you keep using the official posting formats.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 17, 2015
  2. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Story is very good. Writing is good, the author is clearly skilled. it's clear that he's got a plan that he's following.

Having said that, I don't like a good part of the premise. I don't like the idea of the Kyuubi taking over Naruto's body, regardless of how good the execution is. Having also said that, the execution is about perfect.

3/5 from me, but only because I dislike the premise. The fic is great.

3. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm of a mind with Rep here. The writing itself is fine, but the Kyuubi running about in Naruto's body bothers me. Part of why I read fanfiction starring a particular protagonist is because I want to see that protagonist take center stage. I stuck it out as best I could, but ended up dropping it a few chapters ago.

3/5

4. mmm

mmm First Year

High Score:
    I thought both the story and the writing were very good. The ramifications of Kyuubi walking around in Naruto's body were handled well, both when it comes to Naruto's development as well as the village in general. In general it feels like a well thought out piece of work. Personally, the premise didn't bother me as much though it would be more engaging if Naruto had more agency in the story.

4/5

5. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Synchronicity has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 19
    Words: 149,130
    Updated: 2020-04-16 19:29:21 UTC
    Published: 2008-06-21 21:24:42 UTC
    Previously updated: over 3 years ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.