1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Tales From the Wasteland: Thistle By SickleYield - T - Fallout

Discussion in 'Games' started by kyoujouran, Oct 26, 2011.

1. kyoujouran

kyoujouran Squib

Title: Tales From the Wasteland: Thistle
    Author: SickleYield
    Rating: T
    Genre: Sci-Fi/Adventurer
    Chapters: 25
    Words: 58,199
    Updated: May 31, 2009
    Published: Feb 27, 2009

Fandom: Fallout
    Pairings: N/A
    Summary: It's not easy being a Ghoul. Thistle is making it one day at a time with a little help from new friends and old enemies. Rated T for violence and language. Based on Fallout 3 info from The Vault Wiki.
    Link: Fanfiction

I'm somewhat rushed at the moment so I'm afraid I can't really do this story justice.

SickleYield is one of my favourite authors because she has a talent for creating realistic, flawed characters and sending them on engaging adventures. Thistle is no exception in this regard; although the protagonist is an OC there is a good deal of interaction with canon characters, especially companion type characters. The plot is logical and the pacing good enough to keep you reading if you have the time.

One thing I might mention is something Yak commented on in my other story recommendation; namely that the plot is driven by the characters. There's no real big bad or overarching goal aside from Thistle and her companions trying to find their way.

As I really have to run now I will simply close by saying that the writing is solid, the characters interesting and the ending satisfying. I also highly recommend SickleYields other Fallout story Black as Oil should you enjoy this one.

Checked February 11, 2017

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017
  2. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Bumped to get reviews.

Is anyone out here actually reading Fallout fiction not crossed with My Little Pony?

If this doesn't get any more votes / reviews within the next seven days I'll trash it because of lack of interest. Just one vote by the original poster isn't enough to keep it in the library.

EDIT: As it got three 4-star votes by now (18.11.2011) I'll place it in the library. I doubt it'll get more even if it stays in here any longer.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011