1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Testing Defenses by canoncansodoff - M

Discussion in 'Romance' started by madeyemoody, Jan 11, 2008.

1. madeyemoody

madeyemoody High Inquisitor

Title: Testing Defenses
    Author: canoncansodoff
    Rating: M
    Genre: Humor/Parody/Romance
    DLP Category: Romance

Fanfiction.net:
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 46,654
    Updated: January 18, 2008
    Published: December 21, 2007

PatronusCharm:
    Chapters: 9
    Words: 50,230

Fanficauthors.net:
    Chapters: 8
    Words: 56,191
    Updated: February 8, 2011

Pairing: Harry/multiple girls but Harry/Hermione in the end
    Summary: Hermione Granger decides to test the effectiveness of the wards on Privet Drive by attempting an overnight visit. And then it's Luna's turn. Then Katie Bell's. Then Susan's.... PreHBP. Rating bumped from T to M to cover future updates.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3958679/1/Testing_Defenses
    Revised Edition 1: https://www.patronuscharm.net/s/66/1/
    Revised Edition 2: http://canoncansodoff.fanficauthors.net/Testing_Defenses/index/

I don't think i can describe the epic win that is this story. Dursley pranking, moody oggling underage tits, domonatrix susan, horny luna, voyeur katie, an amorous fleur, azkabait, a pussy with teeth, a naked transfiguration teacher and of course a delightfully befuddled harry in the middle

5/5 for lulz and for the:fap :whipped:

madeyemoody

Checked by Minion, Nov. 18, 2012
    Added links to PatronusCharm and FFA

Checked By Sorrows: 03/08/2019

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2019
  2. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This story was extremely different from what I usually read, but I couldn't help but get drawn in. Humour was excellent, the plot fragments presented to the readers were quite interesting, and the writing was very neat. Not one of my favourites however, I personally prefer a more proactive Harry. Overall, this deserves a solid 4/5. I just hope we gets some 'action' in the next chapter.

3. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Wait, McGonagall?

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The story is good until the Susan chapter, when everyone gets preachy on Harry's arse. If I were him I would have turned Hermione down at that point, just to show her that no-one messes with Harry Potter.

Would have been 4/5, but the last couple of chapters ruined it, so 3/5.

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

It's Tonks in disguise.

It's okay, I've been reading it, but really Harry's just along for the ride.

Harry is essentially Hermione's little puppet, and in the end sexual plaything.

3.5/5, just for the lulz.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  6. the-caitiff

the-caitiff Death Eater

I need nothing more to rate this story as EPIC AS FUCK! 5/5

7. slasheh

slasheh Seventh Year

stop reading before the susan chapter and the story is great.
    the last chapters (as in 2) are a complete turn around from the "fun" story, into "preaching" story.
    Frankly, Herms is a bitch as well in the last two chapters, with Harry training with Moody and being distracted by different witches all the time, how in the blazes is he supposed to figure out anything about his feelings for her?

Anyway, if it had continued as it started, i would have rated it, as one of the best humour fics i have read (not quite nonjon level, but close) as it is, it still gets 4/5 from me

8. MellowYellow

MellowYellow Fourth Year DLP Supporter

I give it 4/5 its pretty good until the Susan then goes downhill
    a bit but still good humour.

9. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

I've been enjoying this story and this author's fics in general. They tend to be better than average (then again, considering the average fic, they'd have to be).

I created a spell that does this that I'll be posting in 'a very special episode' of the DLP Spell List.

4/5

10. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

This turned out to be a pretty decent story. Susan chapter wasn't so good, but all the chapters before were pretty epic. 4/5

11. Solomon

Solomon Heir

I liked this story quite a lot. Then I read chapter seven, and clicked the big red X.

I read the thread, so I knew that chapters seven and eight weren't that great, but even then, I was pretty surprised at how lame it got when Susan came around. Such a shame.

4/5 for everything before Susan came around, 2/5 for the part I read afterwards. Still, there wasn't much after Susan came around, so I'm not going to let that ruin the experience for me. 3.5/5 overall.

12. Drajjen

Drajjen First Year

It is a good fic. And if we are just baseing the rating on writing and being original then I would give this fic a 5/5.

However, if we are judging on characterization then I would have to say it is going to drop. IMO, whatever else Harry is, he is still a 16 year old boy. And at 16, I don't think I know of any (hetrosexual) boy that would refuse the women who came to "test the defenses".

Also, along with everyone else I agree that the last two chapters it started going downhill. Even with what I said about the above, it was still a great fic until those two chapters. The comedy, just basically left and it became a matter of everyone preaching at Harry that he was treating Hermione badly. And to be honest, I still haven't really figured out how he was treating her badly, since they were not dating at the time.

Still all that being said, as of right now, it IS library worthy because it is a good read, including the last two chapters.

13. jbern

jbern Alba Mater

I enjoyed it. The humor was good, but it started getting a bit tedious towards the end. Harry was basically clueless throughout most of it, but it worked.

After a few chapters, it seemed like Hermione was more "Testing Harry" as opposed to the defenses, and he proved that he is completely whipped.

Solid 4/5, but the rating will drop if the story continues much further. It's verging on jumping the shark.

14. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Pretty interesting, although the author gives off obvious signs of being a Hermione-fanboy. 3.5/5 at the moment, probably drops if the way the story is progressing is any indication.

15. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

And what's wrong with that?

It's kind of a given, cancansodoff shipping Harry/Hermione.:wall:

16. hchan1

hchan1 Sixth Year

Oh, nothing wrong with that, I liked her character greatly pre-HBP as well, just that in many stories writen by hermy fanboys she tends to completely overshadow Harry, which is seldom a good thing.

17. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

I have to agree with there.

Admittedly, I'm a fan of Hermione pre-HBP, but in nine out of ten fanfics I can't stand her character.

Yeah, you can write uber-Hermione, just make your story focus on her rather than Harry.

18. canoncansodoff

canoncansodoff First Year

At the risk of jumping nonjon's shark, I have taken some of these comments to heart (especially the "Epic as Fuck" review) and rewritten this story. The preaching has been replaced by R-rated smut...Hermione has been transformed from a manipulative girlfriend into a friend with benefits. Oh, and Harry is no longer afraid to put a gift tit in his mouth.

The revised version (complete with conclusion) is now posted on patronuscharm.net (link here). If you guys like this version better, perhaps the original link can be switched.

ccso

19. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

Sorry mate, but said shark has been jumped.

Harry's built a Harem, and Hermione's a total slut.

It's meant to be funny, but it isn't. Fail.

As for the FF.net version... it's decent, but I can't give it more than 2/5.

20. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

I enjoyed the revised version more than the original. This story ain't meant to be serious, just a light, fun read with some smut. What is there to complain about?

5/5