1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TGYH Naruto Edition

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    (Copy and Pasted from Jon)
    Ten Minutes
    150 - 300 words

Twenty Minutes
    300 - 600 words.

Thirty Minutes
    600 - 900 words.

One Hour
    1000 - 1800 words

These of course, are just a standard guideline, but it is recommended as a rule of the thumbs, Times and words may be increased or decreased acoordingly, but if the ratio isn't within reasonable expectations then the challenge is null.

The format for a challenge is posted below, as the first issued challenge, to the man who gave the idea birth in the first place!

First up is..

Target : Roarian
    Line : "Gai Sensei! Please make me your student!"
    Timelimit : 1 hour+

Also willing to accept challenges so I actually write something :p

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

Since I'm a busy sonofabitch I'll do this as soon as I can, but I'll leave this for Luckylee:

"Don't underestimate me!" shouted Temari, scowling dangerously at Madara. "You and me. One one one. Don't you dare run away."

20 minutes (300-600 words)

3. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    My name is Uchiha Madara. I like to consider myself a Shinobi of great foresight, my grand scheme throwing the world itself into chaos. Starting a war with the entire world however, wasn't in the plan. Being revived via Edo Tensei wasn't in the plan. That meant I was under the control of some mongrel who dared presume to command me. So I was in a pretty bad mood, especially when said piece of trash claimed to know of my strength, through a mere puppet no less! So I decided to slaughter this army of “Shinobi”. Things were going well, the army charged at me and I responded by dancing a bloody masterpiece through there forces, educating them of true despair.

Then some blonde brat blew me off my feet with a rather annoying wind technique. When she said not to underestimate her, I simply smirked and started to dust my armor, off preparing for my next attack. However... “You and me, one on one. Don't you dare run away!” Even the Buddha will lose its patience when offended a third time, that foolish Blonde had reached her third and final time. Creating a dozen wood clones and having them activate Susanoo I decided to destroy her utterly. I unleashed the horrifying power of the Sage of Six Paths, the Rinnegan. Then I pulled... a dozen meterors fell upon the army that dared challenged me. The look of terror on the Blonde's face was well worth being crushed under the weight of my own technique.

Edit : Can't fix the formatting at the beginning of the paragraphs D8

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  4. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Well sign me up for this.

5. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

Hm....

Target: Inert
    Line: "And why," said Hiashi, "Should I care about a daughter not my own?"
    Timelimit: 1 hour+

6. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hm... yeah, I'll take a stab at one of these, I suppose.

7. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Seems like a fun idea.

Target: Zenzao
    Line: "Woah, Sakura! That doesn't go there!"
    Time limit: 30 minutes

8. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Would like to participate in this, seems like fun.

9. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Target : Nemrut
    Line : "Experience the full springtime of Youth!"
    Time : Whatever

Alternatively...

Line: "A spatula? Oh, I'm so terri--urk."
    Time: Whatever

10. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Target: Anyone because Wise ninja'd me :(
    Line: "You are within range of my divination, bitch."
    Time limit: Whatevs

Someone hit me, too.

11. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Target: Menace
    Line: "Then, I order you, to kill the Hyuuga."
    Time limit: 30 mins

Edit: Okay, here it is. Apologize for the following silliness.

Line: "A spatula? Oh, I'm so terri--urk."
    Time: 30 mins-ish
    Words: 855

[FONT=&quot]When you reach my age, you learn one thing: The number of techniques and abilities is truly limitless. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Once you saw a man use chakra infused urine to smash through a barricade and kill two soldiers under your command, you generally feel safe to assume that you have seen them all.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]And yet, when this young man with startlingly familiar blue eyes stood in front of me, holding a huge spatula in his hand as if it was a weapon, caught me by surprise. Not to mention the bandoleer across his chest that held numerous regular sized spatulas.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Look, boy, I don’t know the, no doubt, sad story behind your motivation to challenge me and honestly, I don’t care but I am not going to fight someone who uses that as a weapon. I have to keep a reputation, after all and I know that I won’t be able to show my face in Konoha again if smack you around, so do our dignities a favour and walk away. Heck, come and visit me in a couple of years and we will have a few drinks, maybe even laugh about this. I know I will.”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The face of the boy reddened with anger.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“The heck I will, I didn’t travel all the way from Konoha just to run away. I am going to kick your ass, you old bastard!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]What a brat.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Piss off, Blondie. Go back to the carnival that spawned you, before you embarrass yourself, or me, any more. I have research to do.” The nerve of some people, they never understood that high quality novels such as mine needed hard work, discipline and determination to finish. Although, he did look familiar…[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“As if I would let you continue peeping you fucking creep. I am Naruto Uzumaki, the best student of the Kuonji School of Okonomiyaki Martial Arts and I challenge you to a fight, you perverted sage! You have no chance against my Battle Spatula!”[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]You have to be shitting me. That has to be the saddest and dumbest boast that I have ever heard. Especially seeing that it came from Minato’s kid.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“A spatula? Oh, I'm so terri--urk.” That little shit had moved so fast, I had barely avoided the decapitating swing of his ridiculous weapon. And whether or not it makes for a practical weapon, a huge metal spatula swung hard and fast enough to cleave through rock did hurt when it hit you in the shoulder.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Okay, the bastard wanted to fight a sannin, wish fucking granted![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ignoring the wound I dashed forward, a Rasengan already forming in my left hand. If the kid thought he could play in the big leagues, he would pay the price for that arrogance. Not to mention that if Tsunade or Orochimaru or gods forbid Sensei ever heard of him being hit by a huge spatula, he would never, ever live it down. Obviously, I was not going to hit my godson, but that Spatula was not going to survive this meeting.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]But the brat proved to be even more annoying than anticipated as he threw a sack of flour, fucking flour, to the ground, encasing us both in the most aggravating smokescreen that I had ever seen.

Who uses flour in a fight, I ask you? I am never going to get this out of my clothes and hair.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I substituted right out of the cloud, dissolving the Rasengan in the process and avoiding the little spatulas that he had thrown at me while crying “Spatula Shuriken”, landing in a tree a dozen meters of so away from my previous position. The brat was nowhere to be seen, although I could sense that he was near. It was hard to wrap my head around the stupidity of using spatulas as shuriken instead of actual shuriken.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Tempura Flash!” roared Naruto, as something exploded near me, forcing me to jump aside once more, blinding me.
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]“Yakisoba Rope!” he yelled behind me, as something coiled around my torso and yanked me off the branch I was standing on. Looking down, it was, indeed Yakisoba. Some lunatic had actually weaponized food and cooking techniques and was teaching people in that fighting style. And my godson, Minato’s and Kushina’s child, had been insane enough to want to learn it.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That’s it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Molding chakra into my arms, I generated enough strength to break through the “rope”, turned around to see the kid, one hand holding the end of the rope while the other wielded the stupid spatula, ready to split my head in two, with a look of surprise on his face.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]The fact that he had come to believe in this retarded technique so much that he was astonished to see it broken made me angry. Obviously it had worked on someone in the past.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]No, no more indulging in this ridiculous style.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]The second my feet touched the ground, I closed the distance between us, slamming my fist in his stomach, knocking him out, ending the fight.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]My shoulder was bleeding, my clothes were covered in flour and I had yakisoba in my hair.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]“Worst fight, ever.”[/FONT]

12. Roarian

Roarian High Inquisitor

Somehow this came out half-way serious and about the 3-year gap...

Line : "Gai Sensei! Please make me your student!"
    Timelimit : 1 hour+
    Actual Time : About 35 minutes.
    Words : ~1200

Taijutsu is not as easy as people imagine, even when you've trained yourself to be superb at physical skills, far above what most people consider even possible. Running around the village every day, doing feats of incredible power, they are far more taxing than one would expect. Most shinobi who work out irregularly - or only just enough to keep their strength up - will happily tell you that the muscle pains go away when you're used to training for a whle, that the initial discomfort is temporary and a necessary evil.

It’s a terrible lie.

Granted, it's the truth in some cases. When one doesn't bother with true training, with improving every day over what was achieved the previous one, pushing the limit of your power until your body protests - then, and only then, does the pain go away. But it should not, because the pain means that you're still getting better, it means that your body can handle more, if only it is conditioned to do so. The day that a work-out ends without an ache that runs to the bone, without protesting muscles across the body, that would be when one reaches one's limit. Or the day that one has given up on improving altogether.

Until that day, one can call themselves young!

Gai sighed as he watched the sun set, and though his legs felt weak, and his neck was protesting violently with stabs of brief agony, he smiled to himself. Tomorrow, he would begin again, and he would continue until the next sunset - confident that his own sunset was yet out of sight. He was not sure what he'd do, the day that his youth ran out, if that ever happened - but it would be glorious.

Breathing heavily, and slogging onwards with such trudging steps that she almost tripped, a pink-haired girl crested the hill behind him, sweat matting her hair and running down her clothes. She had been following him for almost an hour - a rather respectable effort for a Chunin, even the student of the Hokage. She came to a stop next to him, almost collapsing.

"Ah, if it isn't my rival's old student!" Gai exclaimed, a grin breaking out. "You kept up very well! Truly, you are in the springtime of youth!" He gave her a thumbs-up. "It must have been hard work to keep up with me, even as I was running on my hands!"

The girl blushed, and gritted her teeth a little. "Ah. Maito-san..."

"Gai, please!" He responded immediately, still smiling. "Surely your sensei allowed you to call him Kakashi, did he not?" He frowned, clasping his fist. "Of course he did. He... always has to act so cool!"

"Oh god. Why did I let Tsunade-shishou talk me into this...?" Sakura muttered, balling her fist, and she looked up to Gai with a look of determination. Through gritted teeth she hissed: "Gai-sensei! Please make me your student!"

There was a stunned silence for a few seconds, and the greenclad Jonin stared. "Do you not have a sensei already, the most wonderful Hokage-sama?" Gai asked boisterously. "Surely Kakashi would also be willing to help you with your training, if she is not available! He is not so cruel that he would deny such a request!"

Sakura shook her head, blushing again with what could be shame or embarassment. "I need a grounding in Taijutsu, and Tsunade-shishou doesn't have the time... Kakashi-sensei is on missions and he's never really relied on those skills anyway - that, and he kind of sucks at being a teacher." She smiled weakly for a moment. "You are the village's foremost expert in Taijutsu - please teach me." She bowed, managing to do it respectfully.

Gai narrowed his eyes, and for a moment he considered the pink-haired girl in front of him - one that had not impressed him with her skills in particular - but during the Chunin Exams that had so harmed his dear student Lee, she had shown strong determination, even as she now dared to approach him, despite her obvious discomfort.

She reminded him a little of Lee, who was not particularly adept at any particular type of fighting - not even Taijutsu - but who nevertheless excelled due to his unconquerable spirit. If nothing else, Haruno-san had convinced the Hokage to take her on as an apprentice, even when both her teammates had been far more powerful than could be expected. Even after one of her teammates went rogue. She had drive, and that could be exploited.

There was one other thing, though, that he noticed. Genin, even Chunin, tended to limit their speed when they reached the edges of their ability, when the exertion became too much for their bodies. But this girl - she had kept going far beyond her usual limits, likely with the help of her teacher's remarkable ability to channel chakra into her muscles, much like Gai himself did with the Strong Fist style. However, the exhaustion and pain that such a technique had to cause were not visible on her face...

"Are you in pain, Sakura-san?" Gai asked bluntly, raising an eyebrow.

"...Yes." Sakura blinked, rubbing her arm as a thin layer of green chakra filtered through from between her fingers. "...I'll take care of it." She was about to continue with her healing technique, when Gai's hand grasped her wrist, stopping her.

"No. Such techniques will not allow the muscle to strengthen." He nodded slowly as he took in the subtles signs of exhaustion, the slight sidewards lean to take pressure off her right leg. "You have overstrained your muscles, pushed them to their limits in order to keep up with me. Do not sabotage your accomplishment now."

"What do you mean by that?"

He released her, and his expression betrayed that he was completely serious. "The fact that you do not know is worrisome to me, though it is admirable that you would push yourself to the limit even without proper instruction. Very well - though I will still have to train my team for the next Chunin Exam, so that they can reach the same rank as your youthful self - I am willing to help you."
    "Really?" Sakura blurted, before pausing. "Oh... Really?"

"Of course!" Gai was all smiles again, and winked. "If you put in the effort, and treasure the pain, then surely you will become strong! All your hard work will be useless, however, unless you believe in yourself." He winked as she shuddered. "Your fiery spirit of youth shall help you through!"

"...Whatever you say, sensei," Sakura said blandly.

Gai gave her a thumbs up, then glanced ahead. "Come then - you have had time to recover, as have I. Let us work out until we fall, and then rise as the peacock in the morning, ready to face a new day!" He stood up, his pained muscles whining about the abuse even as he smiled victoriously. "Come now, Sakura-san! Let us rejoice in the power of our youth!" He instantly sprinted off at a fast speed, glancing behind him curiously. Sakura seemed utterly disgusted, mortified at the very idea of running another lap around the village, or at his enthusiasm - it didn't matter.

She followed.

Gai smiled. The spirit of youth was still with him, today. "That's one more victory for me, Kakashi!"

13. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Target : Celestin (Menace was already challenged)
    Line : "I swear I thought you were a girl, Sasuke!"
    Time : 1 hour
    Words : 1000

14. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I will join in.

15. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Target; Inert.
    Line; You stole my dream Sasuke and when you become Hokage I decided if you are going to live my dream I would live yours.
    Time;Whenever.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm up for participating. Sounds like fun.

17. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Challenge: "Shadow Clones don't fix everything, Naruto!"
    Words : 300-600
    Time : 20 mins

Someone throw me a challenge as well, thanks.

18. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I expect great things.

19. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Challenge: "What do you mean space-time techniques don't work like that?!"
    Time: 30 mins

20. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    It was another cold day in the Land of Iron, the snow lightly fell upon the ground covering it in a sea white. Haruno Sakura had been having a bad day, and it was about to get much worse. Her teammate Uchiha Sasuke was just marked as a Missing Ninja. So Sakura naturally felt obligated to comfort her other teammate, Uzumaki Naruto.

She tracked him down with a team consisting of Hyuuga Hinata and Rock Lee. While traveling at high speeds Sakura glanced at Hinata's chest, a pang jealousy flashing in her eyes. Lee raced along beside her, his bright green jumpsuit showing off muscles rare even for ninja. He turned and flashed her a grin and a thumbs up, and quotes about springtime youth sprang to mind.

When Sakura finally found Naruto she made her final mistake. “Naruto, I love you!” Sakura confessed. Sakura failed to realize the changes in Hinata following Pein's invasion. Hinata used to be a kind and gentle girl, however after her proclamation of love to Naruto was ignored she transformed into something eldritch and terrifying- a Yandere. When Sakura made that statement Hinata had snapped completely. "You are within range of my divination, bitch." Hinata snarled.

Yandere is a term for possessive psycho girls with dangerous crushes

Thanks to Ched for the help