1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes/Kai? Vaimes/NH? The latter feels more likely I think but neither impossible?
    --- Post automerged ---
    The read progression on Tsaiah / Beruru throughout the game is incredbily scummy, particularly the way he handled both getting wagoned D1, and both getting wagoned D2. His posts about the wagons and peoples stagnant votes yesterday and trying to use that to direct people to Nego who's almost certainly town here sets off alarm bells. The actual interactions with both slots also very concerning.

2. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

Pairs nicely with the following Reg wolfread, probably makes Reg town. Reg doesn't even say in that string of posts why he's wagoning and gets lumped in anyway.

I think him talking to Beru separately is trying to fake that Beru should know him best out of anyone there.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    He effectively town read Tsaiah for ~things~ and never commented on Empoof much/if at all when that slot was gathering huge amounts of attention at EOD yesterday. His read on Beruru moved around from weak town/weak scum/PoE scum etc but never really had any sort of depth behind it.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This is...acceptable, I think.

5. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I can't really tell if this is TMI that Kai is obviously town, or if it's calling a partner town.

shrug.emoji

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah sure I'm down for going 1-1 with Reg, if it comes down to it.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    [​IMG]

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

With tsaiah, I thought her mood/tone was good. Despite not really Being There on Eido, he was so emphatic about her being town that I rolled with it.

Empoof had a lot to catch up on and I figured he'd be more obvious once he caught up. Plus, before the flips, I either didn't really like the wagons or didn't know how to feel about them.

beruru and I aren't on a scumteam because we would have had a lot more fun with it.

lemme get a votal

9. Eidolonic

Hm.
    My bird gifs are pretty good, but yours are still better. I acknowledge the queen, etc.

Also, mood.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Beruru (4): Citrus, Newcomb, fontisian, KaiDASH
    Empoof (4): Beruru, Nothing Happens, Eidolonic, Regfan
    Nego (2): Jarizok, Vaimes
    Nothing Happens (1): Stanari
    Citrus (1): dLGN

Abstaining (3): M Plus 7, Nego, Empoof

-

I called the game stalled/frozen/stagnant/whatever because the votal was this for a while, and I felt the game was "wolves are happy and don't wanna rock the boat" rather than "lol scumteam doesn't know what to do."

I was meh on Citrus for most of yesterDay, and Not Townreading Kai.

All I really liked about beruru were their Unpopular Pushes, which was fake so oops; and I've been very vocally Not Townreading Reg or Eido, so I didn't really like the Empoof wagon either.

What I felt happened was I followed Jarizok onto Nego, and then the whole Beruru/Empoof thing happened, and I thought scum were pulling away from Nego.

Also if I'm scum and my partners are both looking pretty awful, I don't completely trash my towncred by doing literally nothing. I didn't feel like posting for most of D2 and didn't feel like I had anything meaningful to contribute, so I didn't.

boop, Vaimes is town

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I called that post out yesterday, btw.

12. Eidolonic

Hey Von, where are your reads at right now?

I'd imagine both of those wagons flipping wolf would have to invert how you're seeing the game, and would like to hear you talk about that a bit more.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    This is literally the only good/widely applicable one I have, but thanks?

[​IMG]

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Anyway, like I said, I feel like Reg should be an easy townread here, but I think his PoE kinda sucks.

Also it feels like he's pushing two different narratives: one where my scum and townplay are on the same leve, and one where I'm obviously scum here for reasons that don't really make sense with how I thrive in a game as either alignment.

15. Eidolonic

Can you talk about why you think his PoE sucks? That's where I'm struggling a bit. I don't really disagree with any of his town reads so like. Is it just a case where your PoE is even smaller? Who do you think shouldn't be in it? Would like more specifics there , and a reads thing of your own to compare.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It was that one line, where he says the last two scum are in uh. Vaimes/MP7/dLGN/NH.

I'm town, I think MP7 and dLGn are both town, NH is a read I've been procrastinating on solidifying but I townread him at one point for going against Reg.

hang on

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm actually kind of interested in this.

18. Eidolonic

This AtE makes me think we basically have the game solved. 'Wahhh town are all correctly town reading each other and we have w/w wagons with everyone else in the PoE because game is hard'.

Don't want to get complacent, but kinda reminds me of Bitter Jan in WH14 on FS.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Vaimes - I think your meta and scum play has evolved and improved a fair bit over the last few months (Sure you had a bad game last game but I don't think that negates some of the changes you've made), I think you're able to be more active and hit more tonal notes that you haven't been able to hit before as scum. That said I didn't or haven't really seen much of an improvement in your scum game re; interactions with partners (I had Jan/You as a very likely team while I was alive in Disney despite individual reads on you, and then had it was my second scum team guess after I died N1), I also think the...depth of your reads is something you've not fully been able to replicate as scum and I kind of think both of those things are the case here.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not in a "Vaimes is always scum here" type situation, I think you could plausibly be town, I just see worlds that exist wtih you as scum, have issues with your play and think focusing towards you is a good idea right now. (And your reasoning re; not going to Tsaiah/Empoof is ughhhhh and the Bears one re; "we'd have more fun if we were W/W together" isn't something that does anything for me).

20. Eidolonic

Mm. Think this just spews Reg and Jari town.