1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I kinda saw that coming tbh.

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

My only regret is that it wasn’t within a minute of you posting it.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    TBH same.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Someone tell me that nickname reads are dumb.

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Nickname reads are dumb.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh. Like, it /could/ be Kai, but I think his D1 posting was villagery for him, I don't think he quite handles Beru the way he did as w/w, and I think the way he's like 'okay so guess you're mislynching me before you win, also, kill these names after I die' is slightly more villagery than not?

But if dLGN's flip clears Smiles, then I'm literally town reading everyone, and he has less going for him than most, and don't hate him being vigged.

I think it's either Smiles, and dLGN's flip will be something he targets a partner with, Kai, or you, at this stage, and dLGN's flip deals with smiles, and a possible vig shot deals with Kai, and then we strap in and play mafia again to find the last wolf.

5. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Tbh I think Nothing Happens has been pretty Towny toDay, but obviously dLGN's flip dictates a lot there. I don't think paranoia world really exists of scum!roleblocker hitting his teammate? They weren't doing half bad going into N2 and that would be a really really out-there guess at the setup AND PR's (considering I think they read fontisian as investigative and chose to shoot her).

I would not be surprised if dLGN doesn't post again toDay.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I read kai pretty similarly to eidolonic except my qualm of him double-downing on me (but obviously I'm biased so someone else will have to tease that out)

6. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Meaningful that Kai didn't pick up on Citrus doing the happy investigative dance?

Thanks!

7. Eidolonic

Basically I think Beru has been active enough on MU/discord that Empoof picking up ruru as a nickname isn't indicative of anything. I think me and Kai are probably the two people in this game most likely to call them that? But it's not really something I'm using to move the needle on Kai (or Vaimes I guess) at all.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And yeah, if dLGN flips roleblocker or anything that wants to target town, I think Smiles is just clear here. 'Target partner on the tiny chance you are tracked/watched' just isn't something he'd do after having w/w wagons and riling up Reg, etc.

I think there's a non-zero chance he's a mafia doc though as it's something I like to put in setups where there's a town vig, and I know Proph and I at least have a lot of overlapping design principles.

Kinda beating a dead horse into the ground at this point though, we'll find out when he flips and it'll solve Smiles for us.

8. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Got it, thanks. I don't really have a point of reference for him so my read of him has been... difficult to determine.

Well, it's not me, but I totally get why I'm in the POE. Probably shouldn't have signed up for a game at this time, but eh, I am glad I played with you all after all, at the very least for the social element.

I'm seriously going to actually do some analysis now and hopefully find something of actual value that hasn't already been discussed, but... I'm skeptical. At least I can say I'll have updated reads I guess.
    --- Post automerged ---

Do we think tsaiah townread a teammate at some point on d1?

Her town reads of Stan and Vaimes are sort of... vague. Hard to make much of either I think.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Fair enough (I swear to god I'm not just doing this to troll Empoof).

10. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

The nickname angle is definitely cool, but I don't really think anything of it either. Could it mean something? Maybe? Shrug.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I guess I could go find Tsaiah's Office spew for lols but that seems like far too much effort.

12. Eidolonic

OOG, I'm glad you came over and played, and hope you give it a try again when your schedule is more able to handle mafia!

More in game like. You're in PoE, but it's less what you've done (for me at least), and more that I have really solid town reads on almost everyone else either via role, behavior, or anti-alignments. Look forward to you digging into things a bit, as long as you're aware that there's a decent chance that it's 'wasted' effort, as game could be over if dLGN flips mafia doc, or if the final wolf gets vigged at night, etc.

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Ehhhhhhh I don't get much in terms of interactions out of tsaiah's d1 stuff.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Likewise! I definitely want to play with you all again.

Yeah, I get that. Part of it is my undying desire to solve the game, despite the fact that you all seem to have this locked down completely without me. Lol. Also I feel guilty for having contributed so little.
    --- Post automerged ---

GTH I feel like the Vaimes read here could be a teammate thing I guess. "Consistent" especially being a strange reason to call someone town.. and the "really town" conclusion feels tacked on and inorganic.
    --- Post automerged ---

The NH read could be teammates.

Stan is probably town!Stan spew.
    --- Post automerged ---

Assuming DLGN is scum, that means Empoof included at least one teammate in the town core. Would he include another?

Gut says no, but I guess it's possible. This team would need to try to get as many of them as possible out of the POE.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not seeing Empoof talk about Nego much at all.
    I'm not seeing Empoof talk about Nego much at all other than throwing out this sentiment on two occasions. Could be teammates.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oops not sure how that happened, hahaha. XD
    --- Post automerged ---

Again the bit about Vaimes seems... almost like cog dis given the placement of 2nd highest town read. Bizarre.
    --- Post automerged ---

Very slight good look for Vaimes, maybe?
    --- Post automerged ---

What even is this
    --- Post automerged ---

Looks more like legitimate TMI than not.
    --- Post automerged ---

I feel like this might be the most likely post to contain interactive clues but my only immediate thoughts are that Beru is still reading Vaimes lower than thread consensus, and Kai and Nego being in the top town reads are probably TMI?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay. Guess I'll throw up a reads list now.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Merge break for MP7.

15. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Updated reads list:

Citrus

Newcomb
    Stanari

Eidolonic
    Regfan

Jarizok
    Nego

Vaimes

KaiDASH
    Nothing Happens

dGLN

--- Post automerged ---
    Yay! Thank you! :D

Regarding those reads above... I can see why you all feel we can safely solve by POE at this point. I do worry a bit that someone even as high as the moderate town reads (Eido, Reg) could be the final scum, but that's largely tinfoil, and I likely wouldn't be the player around in the game by that point to deal with that.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I fully endorse this readlist, actually. Except maybe for Eido :tinfoil:

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

*sigh of relief*

Finally I feel a bit grounded in this game again. I hate being totally touch and go like I have been. I still feel like I'm barely helping and I'm not operating on the same level as a lot of you all, but at least hopefully that helps with something, and I can feel less guilty now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yay! Reads list friends!

I actually... still have way more tinfoil about Eido than I probably should. I would have probably placed him a tier or two lower even... until I reached Beru's ISO which was last of the three. I think Beru seems to treat Eido in a rather overly hostile fashion if they're teamed. It's certainly possible though.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Yeah, I do think Beru is probably not aligned for the way they treated Eido, thanks for reminding me. Probably more yellow-green for me, though.

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

What do you think of Regfan?

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I have a sliver of doubt, but I'm pretty sure he's just town and is not my problem.