1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Set 97 years after a nuclear war has destroyed civilization, when a spaceship housing humanity's lone survivors sends 100 juvenile delinquents back to Earth in hopes of possibly re-populating the planet.

Am I the only one watching this? I think it is one of the best show on the CW right now.

The first few episodes aren't that great, I'll be honest. But after you get past episode 5 it really takes off. The teen drama bullshit basically disappears, characters really become fleshed out, morality becomes less black and white, and the acting improves greatly.

One thing this show does is take fan feedback into account. After the pilot received bad reviews (I'm sure you can see why after watching this trailer), the writers did a course change and became a much better show. Basically, just get through the first 5 episodes.

Season 1 is currently on Netflix. It's on season 2 now and the season finale airs next Wednesday. It has already been renewed for season 3.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  2. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

I watched season one and was turned off by the retardeness of some of the kids. Maybe I should watch it again.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, I watched the premiere of this show, I wasn't too impressed by it. The adults were sadistic, the kids were retarded. I would have liked it better if not for the brother/sister duo with the brother who was a fucking murderer. And then they ignored the rational decisions made by the girl in order to fuck around and do shit.

But if it does get better by ep 5, then I could watch it.

4. Rym

Rym Auror

Was literally going to start a thread for this a few days ago. The first half of season isn't that great.. but every episode does get better and by the second half the show really, really takes off. The stuff they're doing now with the episodes is freaking awesome. Honestly, besides Arrow and Suits, this is one of the only shows that I actually get ancy waiting for new episodes. I'd say I'm liking it better than Arrow at this point.

5. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I keep seeing the promos for it during Arrow & Flash, guess it's worth a look. There goes my weekend.

6. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

I watched up to

Black dude getting stabbed by the 14 year old, and I didn't bother to go back and see how she gets found out, I just couldn't get into the show at all.

7. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Damn, that finale was brutal. I love Clarke's evolution as a character. The wait for season 3 is going to be a bitch.

8. Rym

Rym Auror

This show pulled no punches this season. Can honestly say this season alone made this my favorite show on TV. And that finale? Holy shit the writers have balls. The character evolution is insane and Clarke might now be my favorite character on TV. The wait for season 3 is gonna suck.........

9. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

Season 2 is finally on Netflix. I'm going to re-watch it so everything will be fresh in my mind when season 3 premieres.

10. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

It's been on Netflix for a while now, at least in Canada we always had it 1 day after it aired on TV. Anyway, season 2 really solid and I'm really looking forward to the next season. Many plots are going to be resolved and we'll see more about the Murphy/Thelonius arc.

11. Zill

Zill First Year

It looks like season three will be starting on January 21st. Here is the trailer. I'm really excited to see what is going to happen.

12. Tropius

Tropius Muggle

High Score:
    Wow, first time that I see this trailer. I must admit it doesnt look too good :/ but I loves the first 2 seasons, so I will just hope that the 3rd season will be amazing as well

13. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

14. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Holy shit! Seems like everything is blowing up in everyone's face!

15. Supaman

Supaman Squib

I really love the show, but I think you have to get past the first episodes of s1. These few epsiodes had me physically hurting because of all that (unnecessary) drama. That said the secound half of s1 and the whole of s2 are just awesome and I wish season 3 would finally air.

16. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Season 3 (Ep.1) has hit Netflix Canada. This is one of my favorite show now. I really like the concept of Wenheda; if you kill her you have her powers over death. That's really nice. Some nice glimpse at the new Arkadia and at character development for Jasper and the other kids. All in all a good first episode.

17. redlibertyx

redlibertyx Professor

This show is my jam. And while I do think it's possible they'll do interesting things with Jasper this season, I've got to wonder why anyone things bringing him along on adventures in his current mental state is a reasonable idea.

Also: Clarke is a boss.

18. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

The 100 is getting pretty stupid this year. I don't know what happened, but the writers are definitely failing to recapture the awesome of season 2.

In fact I basically dislike every single character at the moment.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2016
  19. Stenstyren

Stenstyren Professor

I'm liking the AI storyline but I basically hate everything else unfortunately.

20. Rah

Rah Death Eater

The latest episode was such a reveal, got me hooked again.