1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Avengers Movie

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Jeram, Jul 19, 2011.

1. Jeram

Jeram Elder of Zion ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
  2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I love that they decided to go with Ultimatized look for Thor in this movie. My only problem is a lack of women in Avengers team beside Black Widow. Even producers are aware of this so they added Maria Hill to SHIELD staff.

Anyway, when do we start making bets about which one of comics movies for the next summer will be the biggest hit? Amazing Spider-Man, The Dark Knight Rises or Avengers? :)

3. Heather_Sinclair

Heather_Sinclair Chief Warlock

Video is already dead. :(

4. Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist High Inquisitor

This link might still work.

The Black Widow looks pretty cool. About the lack of women in this movie, Joss said some time ago (forgot when), that he wanted to put the Scarlet Witch in this one.

However, the Power That Be probably didn't want to get tangled in the mess that consists the X-Men franchise, so I guess we get no Scarlet Witch or Quicksilver.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Is that the same Thor actor? He seemed different. And in any case, there better be an explanation as to how he got back to Earth.
    Also, much as I will like this movie, the lack of Spiderman will lower my entertainment, significantly. Oh well.

P.S:Since when did the Avengers become Fury's errand team?

6. Nae

Nae The Violent

Read this in the comments section:

7. Heather_Sinclair

Under the Marvel Ultimate label, Nick Fury heads up the Avengers. It's an alternate universe 1610 or something like that. Lots of things are different.

Nick fury is black.

Wasp is Asian, lays eggs, and eats insects then gets eaten herself (and not in a good way).

Spider-man gets cloned a bajillion times (into different spider-creatures, and even a female version of himself who dates the Torch :facepalm, and just he got killed by the green goblin after being shot by the Punisher. (yeah, I know)

Captain America actually uses weapons all the time instead of just his shield. etc. etc.

8. Celestin

Wait, how is that different from the main universe? ;)

Also, speaking about Spider-Man - leaked trailer for his new movie. Here I thought that Raimi version was too emo, but at least there were few jokes in it. No jokes in this trailer, so I start to have bad feelings about this.

9. Heather_Sinclair

Instead of making clone-clones, in the Ultimate universe this is how a lot Spider-man's rogue gallery is created. The Green Goblin is actually a monster and not a guy in a suit, ditto with the Lizard, et al. Even Mary Jane got turned into one briefly. They were experimenting with the DNA to make their own controllable heroes. That's what Spider Woman was supposed to be.

They made her and she had Peter Parker's memories. They brought someone in to mind-wipe her and implant the memories of a new life being Jessica Drew, but the clones escaped and blew up the place, so she got away.

BTW: the link doesn't work for the SM trailer.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  10. Nooblet

Nooblet Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Damnit, I just started Ultimates 3. Ah well, she's been kind of a bitch anyways.

11. Celestin

That's because Sony keeps getting them down. Try here, they keep updating where to find it.

Anyway, about one point from your previous post - I may missed that, but I'm pretty sure that Torch doesn't date Jessica (not for his lack of trying, though).

12. QuaziJoe

QuaziJoe Dolphin Boy

link to spiderman trailer

13. Heather_Sinclair

This is like ancient history. I try not to give super secret spoilers away, but they advertized her death and Spider-man's for months before it happened. So it's not like it's news or anything.

BTW, Snape kills Dumbledore. :awesome

They had a movie date when he found out her real identity, and a later issue there's a scene of them making out, before she joined SHIELD, which is pretty recent stuff.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2011
  14. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

After watching the Amazing Spider-Man Trailer I would really like to play a Spider-Man game made by the good folks that created Mirror's Edge.

15. Celestin

I totally forgot about that. But I'm not mistaken that Johnny still doesn't know who she really is?

16. Coyote

Coyote He howls n' stuff

All of my hope for the Avengers movie was killed the moment I heard Joss fucking fat roly poly fuck Whedon was directing it.

17. Heather_Sinclair

I liked the trailer, though it was a little dark. I hope they don't try to make him all Emo which looked somewhat questionable in certain scenes. Seeing the last portion in 3-D would have been cool.

He knows. That happened right before he asked her out. Plus, her face mask only opens from the top down. It would be kind of hard to kiss effectively like that.

18. Celestin

By "really" I mean - does he know she's Peter's clone?

19. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

I had the exact opposite reaction.

And I know this is just fanboyish, but I hope Tony Stark is like the most badass of the superheroes present.

20. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I like Joss's stuff, and trust him when it comes to character. One of the strongest aspects of Buffy and Firefly was the way characters were balanced - everyone always had something to do, something to say. In a 'team' movie, that's probably the hardest thing to acomplish.