1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Babysitter (Netflix)

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Cyclops, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

[​IMG]

Note: The Official Trailer spoils everything about the movie so I won't bother to link it.

So Netflix just released a new movie and this time its a horror-comedy. The plot is basically a 12 year old boy discovers his beloved babysitter and her friends are evil satanic cultists. And he's to be the next sacrifice.

The writing is hokey and corny at times, and it is hard to be invested in any of these stereotypical characters. The jock, the slut, etc.

But despite all of that I really enjoyed the film. The acting was pretty good for the most part. The kid actor was solid, and I liked the actress that played the babysitter. She had great chemistry with the kid and if she wasn't evil she'd be the best babysitter ever.

Robbie Amell as the jock was hilarious.

The comedy is what saved this film for me. The horror took a backseat to the comedy, the writing was corny at times, and half of the actors were sub-par... but the comedy worked and kept me entertained and the three characters I mentioned kept my attention.

I'd watch it again.

3.5/5

2. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

I like the concept and the trailer suggests it should be an enjoyable B movie.

There was a film this year called Better Watch Out with the same setup, but reversed roles. Someone should do the third one where both the babysitter and the boy are killers planning to murder the other one believing them to be just an innocent victim.

3. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Max was great. The rest eh, but he singlehandedly made it worth the watch

4. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Watched this last night. I really liked the Jock, he had a hilarious performance. I think the best way to describe this, is that it was a really good 'bad' movie.

5. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Some parts were funny. Others fell flat (Bella Thorne whole shtick was shit, while Max was hilarious). Also, did you realize the movie poster (on netflix) has two right hands?

[​IMG]

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I enjoyed it thoroughly and chiefly because it never pretended to be anything more than it is. It's supposed to be silly and they roll with it.

Solid 4/5 for me.

Also, wtf with the hands.

7. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

Two right hands? That's not sinister at all!