1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Chronicles of the Dark Lord Ginnymort by respitechristopher - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by TallDarkStranger, Sep 28, 2017.

1. TallDarkStranger

TallDarkStranger Fourth Year

High Score:
    Title: The Chronicles of the Dark Lord Ginnymort
    Author: respitechristopher
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    DLP Category: Humor
    Pairing: [Harry/Ginny]
    Summary: Dedicated to my friends in the Teachers' Lounge. Lord Voldemort's attempt to possess the soul of Ginny Weasley was successful, but his triumph was not without consequence. Find out how our favorite arch-villain deals with the pitfalls and pratfalls, the laughter, loss and love of a teenage girl's life at Hogwarts.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8892557/1/

Another crackfic where a horcrux takes over its host similar to The Last Horcrux, this time it's the diary and it possesses Ginny completely and tries to continue its plan to kill Harry Potter. Unfortunately, it's the mind of a rather socially-uncalibrated uber-tier sorceror in the body of a young girl who's just hitting puberty.
    Cue shenanigans, as love/like/friendship/other people who are not servants are all new to the dark lord and he manages to fight and barely put out any house fires at all. Bit of an AU, since Voldy is active here, an indirect consequence is not having Harry be a Triwizard Champion (does seem to work the Playwizard angle a bit though), and no battle of Hogwarts.

Pros:
    Pretty laugh out loud funny, the scenes with Harry are always to look forward to as the mind of the dark lord are completely overwhelmed by hormones around him. Ginnymort is permanently on a hair trigger but inept as all hell, so things rarely go well, but they do go predictably. Writing is technically fine, author has a clever watchphrase "Curses! *insert fuckup*".

Cons:
    Harry's a little bit OC in how easily he seems to bond with people (minor gripe)
    The diary was an independent plotline from the other horcruxes, but Pettigrew dies - which seems like a cop out from the major events that happen because he survived - like the Battle of Fucking Hogwarts in 1998AD. It's funny, but removes a lot of interesting plot points that would have been funny.

Think I'd give this a solid 4/5.

2. Crownworthy

Crownworthy Banned

Why doesn't the tournament happen? Shouldn't the horcrux act independently of the "main" Voldemort? I'll give it a read later, I suppose.

3. Agni

Agni Third Year

As far as crack fics go, it is pretty decent. Good for some chuckles.
    A solIid 4/5.

4. masterpeng

masterpeng First Year DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Definitely one of the better crackfics, that actually succeed in being humorous. Really found those "Curses and "Excellent" phrases amusing. I'd give it a 4/5.

5. Darth V

Darth V First Year DLP Supporter

Solid 4/5. It had me chuckling at various moments.

6. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

Great and funny fic, with a concept that’s surprisingly original. Like it’s weird there are no other stories with Diary Tom getting stuck and possessing Ginnys body after the events in the chamber. While this fic played it as a excellent crack fic, I’d love to see this concept played straight and with seriousness as it has plenty of potential.

Anyways, I give this story a 4/5.

7. Grenn

Grenn Banned

High Score:
    Does anyone still have a copy? The link's dead, and I can't find any backup.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2022
  8. lopeck

lopeck Groundskeeper

When in doubt, try the DLP archive compiled by @Nicovi. You can CTRL+F though the PDF beforehand to see if it's included, but there are only a few that haven't been found or removed by the authors request.

Since I have a copy lying around I attached the epub form the archive.