1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Dragon King's Temple by Kryal - K - A:tLA/SG1

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Download, May 28, 2015.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: The Dragon King's Temple
    Author: Kryal
    Rating: K
    Genre: Scifi/adventure
    Chapters: 12
    Words: 212,762
    Updated: Sep 11, 2013
    Published: Dec 27, 2011
    Pairings: Gen
    Summary: The spite of the spirits opened a door better left untouched. On the other hand, with Fire and Earth as one's allies, sometimes escaping is the easy part.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7679074/1/The-Dragon-King-s-Temple

I was surprised this wasn't in the library.

Initially this was an exceptional oneshot. A few years later the author wrote it into a 12 chapter story and while its still good it isn't as good as it was. Regardless, I still feel it's library worthy.

The Toph/Zuko dynamics is amazing for starters.

My only real gripe is that the author likes to talk a lot. It's very wordy.

4/5 from me.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  2. S1234567890m

S1234567890m Third Year

You didn't link to the first chapter.

Whats the story about? (Spoilers are fine)

3. esran

esran Professor

I read this a long time ago. While the plot was predictable, and the whole thing with that one goa'uld was contrived, I give this a 4/5 for being relatively well written and the only SG1/ATLA crossover I enjoyed at all.

4. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

Agreed, well done fic that drags long but tells a good story.
    In short, Toph and Zuko are trasnported through a stargate, and are captured by a new go'auld, who happens to like being smart. There they team up with sam and Janet, and escape back to earth. From there, culture exchange ensues. Then massive structural damage to everything because toph and zuko is how riots start.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Just finished reading it and I've got to say, this is probably the best SG-1 crossover I've read. It is a bit long winded in places, but that doesn't bother me because it overall enhances the world building to a degree that I could actually believe existing in Stargate/Avatar canon.

It does the whole Chekhov's Gun trope fairly well, even in the climax when a previously unused character gets introduced. I also liked the yukiuso a lot; sentient, malicious blizzards should be antagonists in so many more stories. That the author managed to deal with it in a well set up, and funny, way makes it all the better.

It's a nice, self-contained story that crosses over the two series in a fairly believable manner. I liked it a lot.

I give it a 5/5, because while it drags on a bit, that's not a major problem for me. I enjoy long fics and this scratched an itch that I'd had for a long while, and otherwise it's just plain awesome.

6. Rakshae

Rakshae Squib

I remember reading this a long time ago. My memories put it at a solid 4/5, but I might convince myself to reread it to have a clearer recollection.

7. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

Huh. I thought it was already in the library. Pretty sure it was recc'd on DLP...
    Read it a year ago or so, it's an easy 4/5.

The writing is solid, the plot consistent, and the characters likeable.
    Even the angst didn't turn me off.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I remember reading that a long time ago. I think it was recommended in the TLA thread or something similar. Either way it was good read from what I could remember, easily 4/5.

9. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Same here, until I tried to find it in the library which is why I put it up For Review.

10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Really enjoyed this story, excellent all around. Maybe not perfect, there was the occasional typo but really, all characters got to shine, their personalities were portrayed quite accurately (on the ATLA front, not all that familiar on the Stargate side, only watched a few episodes, and I think it was accurate from what I faintly remember) and the whole mix of mythology and science was rather well done.

So yeah, no real complaints, I enjoyed every second of it and I would love to read more, pretty much my criteria for a 5/5.