1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The Supergirl crossover is fun to watch simply for the interactions between Barry and Kara, outside of that and a couple of other things there's not much meat to it but it's decent enough. I dropped the show a couple of episodes before that and only watched that one, and while it wasn't good enough to get me back to watching, it was good enough to watch as a standalone.

And Legend3381, given how The Flashpoint Paradox ended up going, I think it's safe to say that time travel on this scale will almost certainly end up making things worse, it certainly will do the opposite of removing tension.

2. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Season 3's started, and it's definitely started off well.

Damn, Thrawne is an evil motherfucker.

3. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I think they could have done more in the flashpoint reality or at least made it last a couple of episodes. In the movies and comics a lot of stuff happens that impacts almost every hero alive.

4. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Barry almost fucked up again. Jay setting him straight.

Also, lets take a moment to let it sink in Barry killed a baby.

5. BTT

High Score:
    For fuck's sake Barry just tell them what happened, is that so difficult? You told Felicity, just tell people. Urgh.

EDIT: oh, he did. Thanks, old Flash.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  6. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I liked the episode, but everyone forgave Barry way too quickly. They have a right to be mad considering Barry can alter their very existence anytime he feels like it.

I hope the writers to a better job with Caitlyn this season. I really liked her in season 1, but season 2 was awful for her.

CSI Malfoy was great. I'm glad he's a regular. I hope they don't go the predictable route and make him a bad guy.

I'm glad Wells is back next week. I don't know why they didn't use him in the first two episodes of the season. They did the same thing in season 2. Sitting your fan favorite character for the first two episodes just seems wrong to me.

The new season of Legends of Tomorrow is supposed to be about the team protecting the timeline. It would be funny if Barry ended up being the big bad the team has to take down.

7. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    "Come on, its Barry," is like the theme of The Flash. If Barry messes up, Iris or Caithlin says that line and everyone forgives him. I like the episode but why does Barry always have to get his ass kick by a new villain. He beat zoom and reverse flash but gets smacked around buy some random bad guy.

8. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Should have had this season's villain be Psycho-Pirate.

9. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I am really not a fan of all the time related shenanigans this series is pulling. it's just so bad at the whole time travel thing. It doesn't help that I severely dislike the notion or rather moral lesson that if time travel is possible, it is inherently wrong to do so. Seems cheap and preachy.

Here is to hoping Wells' daughter still has been hit by the speedforce like Wally was. Just want to see more of Wells and his daughter.

This new guy was also about as threatening as a random school bully from a 90s cartoon.

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

To extend the episode another twenty minutes.

Personally, I'm very close to giving up on Flash. It's nearly ready to join Arrow in my abandonment pile.

It's basically the same exact thing every single episode, every single season. No character growth at all. Barry is just as stupid as he was in season 1 episode one.

He goes after the villain all cocky and gets beaten. He runs away and then spends time at the base learning how to defeat the villain. He proceeds to go after the villain again and still loses. He then receives a motivational speech from one of his friends, which works like Popeye's spinach to Barry's fragile ego and allows him to beat said villain.

Getting a little repetitive, and I think Netflix's Marvel shows has been able to cover my superhero itch in between movies. These shows have just become second tier shit.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2016
  11. Stealthy

Stealthy Groundskeeper

What I'm most annoyed about is how we've got another fucking keeping-secrets-from-your-friends sideplot what with Wally's alternate timeline speed powers. I mean, Arrow's at least managed a whole two episodes without talking about "darkness" and "the light". Can't Flash do its part to not rehash this boring shit?

12. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

While I can hardly object to time travel as a basic Flash plot point, I am not very keen on huge, history-altering 'reboots' when you've got like five years and three different shows worth of continuity to keep straight.

13. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I felt the time travel and "reboots" was a major issue in Heroes. I made events, episodes, and entire seasons obsolete. The plot never gets a chance to progress and we are back to square one. For example Barry and Iris had their first kiss 3 times. Time travel erased the first 2 and hopefully this is the last time it becomes an issue.

14. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

So is season 1 no longer canon? Barry stopped Eobard Thawne from killing his mother and getting stranded in the past. He imprisoned Thawne in the other timeline and was forced to let him go. After killing Nora Allen and returning Barry to the present he sped off and is currently on Legends of Tomorrow causing trouble.

So doesn't this mean that he never got stuck in the past and never killed and replaced Harrison Wells?

Or is getting stuck in the past still in this Thawne's future?

All of this time travel is giving me a headache.

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    About a week ago there was a theory on this that explained things pretty neatly on the flashtv subreddit but now I'm unable to find it now. The gist of it is that the Eobard who returned with Barry to the present is no longer the same entity that first went back in time to kill Barry as a kid and settled for Nora Allen, subsequently going on to kill and impersonate Wells and ultimately die to the hands of his ancestor Eddie via suicide-paradox.

This Flashpoint!Eobard did not erase/overwrite the OG!Eobard, so much as reset his positioning so that OG!Eobard still exists trapped in the past and who also believes that it was he who killed Nora with no recollection of being sucker punched by Post-Zoom-Pre-Flashpoint!Barry, speaking of whom either did get erased or was returned/rolled into Flashpoint!Barry. Flashpoint-Eobard is now free to return to the present and go on to exist outside of the paradox and join LoT. See why I posted the gif at the top now? So much simpler than trying to ascertain specifics.

16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The thing is, we see OG Eobard get sucker punched by S2 Barry, and then both he and S2 Barry fade away when Barry and Thawne come back. I too figured that OG Eobard had stuck around to do the things S1 Eobard did, but he clearly faded out of existence instead of just going unconscious.

17. BTT

High Score:
    Huh, this episode was actually pretty good. Definitely broke the mold mentioned above, at least.

On the other hand, Wally is an idiot, I don't really like Jesse's costume, and letting Magenta just... go was weird.

18. BTT

High Score:
    Double post, I suppose, but since it's been a week...

The Wells auditions were weird as fuck. Funny, yeah, but weird. I'm curious to see where they'll go with the new one.

Not too much to say otherwise, really, besides that I'm glad the romantic drama is a lot more low-key so far and Flashpoint might as well not have happened.

19. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Jullian: "Look what it she did to my arm! That meta is a menace!"

Getting POA vibes.

Also; thinking Cisco might be the evil one and Snow the good one come the end of the season

20. BTT

High Score:
    That fucking revelation. Come the fuck on.