1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Flash

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

This has definitely become my favorite show on the CW, especially with the creative collapse of Arrow and Supernatural. This and The 100, which has gotten surprisingly good, are currently my favorite series.

One thing that this show gets right it the tone. It can go from pure fun to drama and have both be done well. Team Flash goofing off sometimes and just having fun is always a highlight of the episode.

The Barry, Cisco, Caitlyn, and Wells dynamic is amazing. I hope the writers don't screw with a good thing and let more people on the team the way Arrow did. I'm afraid they might make Iris the new Laurel.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Is 100 actually good? I watched the pilot episode, I didn't really like all the asshole main characters.

3. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

The first few episodes were pretty bad, but by mid-season I really started enjoying it.

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This.

Welllllll it depends on how close they stick to comic elements. If they try to keep it pretty close then Barry was the lightning following the Reverse Flash.

5. Pasta Sentient

Pasta Sentient Disappeared

Crazy theory...both speedsters were Barry fighting each other from different time periods.

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Only seen the first season, but it's.. Eh.

It feels like standard Lord of the Flies stuff, with teenage drama and bullshit. At the same time, though, it's kinda interesting, and people actually die in it, so there's that.

It's entertaining, but not high quality in any way.

7. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Cisco says that the second blood sample didn't find a match. If both were Barry, there would only be one sample.

8. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

I think the second sample is Eobard Thawne, a descendant of Eddie's and the second Reverse-Flash in the comics, hence no match as he doesn't exist yet.

9. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

But if they ran it against their entire databasee (including law enforcement ) then I'm sure it would come back as a relative match.

Or its a TV show so even if it is Eddies future child they just don't feel like letting it on yet. They've dropped enough bombs for 2 or 3 weeks.

10. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Barry's costume needs some serious work, the headpiece falls away literally every time he goes to ground. How Joe's the only one to see this so far is beyond me.

11. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'm surprised no one has commented on the last episode yet. Probably the best episode in the entire series so far(admittedly, only the second half but it doesnt matter).

Firestorm was amazing. The last scene was epic. And the mention of Coast City had me very interested.

I guess a passing mention should be made to the fact that Iris is being a nuisance, but in her defense she doesn't know it.

12. R. E. Lee

R. E. Lee Groundskeeper

I agree that it was probably the best episode yet. I do think that Iris starting to investigate STAR Labs isn't a bad thing--gives her something to do that isn't a romantic subplot.

13. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Mine was a comment made a couple minutes into the episode (whilst waiting for the video to buffer).

I agree that it was an amazing episode, probably the second best one yet after The Man in the Yellow Suit. Grodd was awesome, just like I envisioned him to look like, and making his 'voice' telepathic was definitely the right way to go.

14. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

After that episode I would watch a Firestorm show.

15. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

They have to do something to make her an actual character, instead of just the unrequited love interest. For now, I just feel like her and Laurel Lance need to have a team-up episode that ends in their tragic deaths.

16. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

What's worse is that Iris's character is better than Laurel's have ever been. To think, I once loved her as Ruby.

17. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think you meant actress there. Their characters are pretty similar, I think.

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Btw, what the hell happened to the girl Barry was dating? The reporter or whatever? She wasn't even mentioned.

19. Exile

Exile High Inquisitor

They made room for like four other characters. Somebody is getting cut for the episode, Barry's foster dad only had two scenes. Two important scenes but not much air time. Im sure she will make big waves in the coming weeks.

20. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Of course she'll make big waves. The guy ate a chilli to prove his commitment to her, this is a serious relationship people. Get with the programme.