1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Gamer Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Republic, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Anstid

Anstid Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Anyone remember how the group play facet of the Gamer ability works? Does Jee Han get XP if the Witch of Carnage takes out the suits?

2. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Normally he would but there's a few factors that they didn't cover so we don't know if he would in this situation.

Namely the factors being, the difference in level between the Witch of Carnage and Jee Han, and the distance between them. Both of these factors usually reduce the exp a party member would get heavily or even to straight up no exp gain.

The only time he's been in a party and was fighting things was with his best friend(and the other time with his best friends cousin) and he definitely was getting exp from his kills and they weren't together, but I don't think they were that far apart from each other either. Also their levels were fairly close.

3. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

I didnt even know it was because of a pin until you mentioned it, but that's lulzy as fuck, talking all that shit then dying cause you left a pin on

4. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

New Gamer Chapter out, feels like its been forever since the last one for some reason. The Minotaur is down and out and as i thought, the guys that came after those previous 2 dudes are looking to be much more powerful.

Curious what key piece of information we're missing since if its true that you need 10 black souls to equal 1 of the 4 golems that showed up, then what the fuck is it they want cause it certainly isn't just as simple as getting the black soul.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ Leverage over what's-her-name's father, I'd guess. Hold the daughter hostage to get him to do work he's capable of but wouldn't otherwise.

6. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

I suppose thats definitely one possible angle but i mean, going by what we've learned so far, it's not like that girl's father is some super up there dude like the missing wizard who usually protects the area where all of this is happening.

Unless his daughter isn't a normal black soul and she's like a super special version that can maybe breed more black souls idk.

7. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

New chapter just came out

8. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

10 bucks says Han Jee Han saves the the witch of carnage next chapter by flying and tanking the dark spikes with his mana shield.

Also god damn, i knew stronger guys than the first 2 would show up but jesus. The odds are stacking up against them it seems.

9. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

20 bucks says he spams magic arrows

10. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Welp,we were both wrong as she saved herself this chapter...but the bet is still on for next chapter. She was putting in some work too.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

New chapter.

LOL, why do I think Jee Han is going to try to bribe that guy into going away?

12. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

I'm thinking he's going to give him all those black shard things and the Ogre pants

13. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

I'm still wanting to know, from what we know of the Company and how everything is about profit to them, how the fuck can they still make a profit going after the girl after all they've spent and lost already.

14. TmDagger

TmDagger First Year

We don't really know how much value life has in The Gamer.

It may very well be one of the worlds where Resurrection is relatively cheap.
    So for them the loss associated with death of some Mooks may be a lot less then profit they are going to get from Refined Black Soul.

15. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

You have a point about how Resurrection could possibly be relatively cheap, but i was more so talking about the 4 giant golems that each of them was said to be like 10x(or something) the cost of the refined black soul

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Am I the only one freaked as all hell at the guy pulling out his own finger inch by inch?

17. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Lol when i saw that i was like...bro, go back to the house and get some butter. No need to take your finger off with the ring.

18. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

What chapter does this happen in?79?

19. Sephiroso

Sephiroso Disappeared

Last page of ch 79 yea.

Edit: New chapter is out....things are getting...a bit ridiculous now. Like the author lost focus and is just throwing as much as he can at the wall to see what sticks...idk. Might just be me though.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2015
  20. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Speak of the devil new chapter, God damn those zombie eyes though