1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Gamer Manga Thread

Discussion in 'Books and Anime Discussion' started by Republic, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

It seems that it's meant to be an inversion - demons are fighting on the "protagonist's" side, and the president of the company has angelic influences.

2. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

You were right death is cheap in this universe.kinda

3. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jeez, Owner, please shut your trap alredy.

But yeah, this entire conflict has been pretty interesting. Judging by the power levels here... I kinda expected more, to be honest. Jee-Han shouldn't have trouble reaching that level in decent time.

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Lol I didn't expect him to look like that.

5. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

You mean "it"

6. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I guess cheap resurrection is a thing after all.

Also, mah gawd @ the above sig. People still read that?

Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  7. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Looks like the first arc is complete now.

I liked the arc ending. The main character contributed but not through any unbelievable measure. Looking forward to season 2 - plot ahoy!

8. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

First chapter of the new season is up. Basically just a training chapter, but it's something.

9. Bramastra

Bramastra Groundskeeper

Yeah and Jee Han got sexually harrased

10. TradeMarkDZ

TradeMarkDZ Squib

High Score:
    I'm crossing my fingers here! Hopefully it's not gonna be a flop by following it's own hype.

11. Anstid

Anstid Fourth Year DLP Supporter

I honestly wish for this class president to fuck off. Every page she's in drags down the enjoyment a little bit more to the point where I'm clicking through just to get past.

12. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Seriously, so much this. I haven't even read the last several chapters because of her constant presence. Glasses girl needs to go the fuck away ASAP. She's killing the story. Though I do wonder if she's being set up for a bad end as a means to give Jee-Han some character development. He's gotten a little too cavalier about messing around in the Abyss as of late, outright ignoring Sun-Il's attempts to caution him. Some consequences might be in order, and doing in Class President in a way that comes off as being his fault is as good a way as any to deliver them.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
  13. Blorcyn

Blorcyn Chief Warlock DLP Supporter DLP Silver Supporter

Yeah. I hope so too, I don't give a shit about her and their stupid dynamic pisses me off. Glad that I'm not the only one.

14. www807

www807 Squib

Hopefully she weren't just added to be a rival love interest.

15. jack-a-napes

jack-a-napes Squib

The really annoying thing about her is that it's being foreshadowed really heavily that having any thing to do with the 100 level dungeon is a really bad idea. So having to spend chapter after chapter watching development being entirely centered around someone who's destined to bring just trouble is kinda frustrating.

I really just like the gratuitous optimizing part of this comic the most, the chapters where we discover new features and plan how to use them were always the best. The fight scenes and the side characters have always been a little weak in my opinion.

16. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Been a while since I read the Gamer, I spent the last while catching up.

Harem King apparently is a really top tier who's protecting Jee Han? His father, maybe? I recall him being absentee, yes? I don't remember his particulars.

Class pres is ... eh. I don't like the idea of Han getting an apprentice when he is still a newbie, himself, and I like how quickly she's leveling or that she's getting the exact same skillset as Jee Han even less. Basically invalidates literally everything Jee Han himself did to come this far. I mean fuck, she hit level 36 after what, the second visit? Third? Three chapters after her introduction. That's bullshit.

It was nice to see Han fight, even if it didn't really challenge him that much. You'd think a difference of 30 levels would matter, but I guess their skillsets were just mismatched.

We'll see how it goes.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
  17. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    IIRC the author stated at some point in the past that the Harem King isn't Jee Han's father.

18. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I haven't particularly been enjoying the stuff lately either. Class president being vulnerable and dependent on Jee-Han was a surprising and mildly interesting angle, really trying to shove in that normal people have no place in the Abyss (overkill at this point) and Jee-Han trying to rationalize why he's going down that path. I think she's played her role, even though it wasn't particularly enjoyable. But yeah, her getting that many levels that fast that undeserved was annoying, as is her fascination with the Abyss that'll just cause trouble for Jee-Han, though being literally shown that a world of magic exists and being fucking given significant magical powers just like that would make most people more than a little curious and attracted, I think. I actually hope that she dies, just so that Jee-Han can grow up a little.

The fight with the... shadow golem guy was... okay? God, I've already forgotten what the guy was like, just a general delusional Abyss asshole, I guess. The fight itself wasn't particularly fascinating. The Black Rock guys were a lot more memorable.

And the thing that I dislike the most is Jee-Han officially joining the Chunbumoon. It's pretty realistic and honestly unsurprising, but I'm still so disappointed. I get that the guy is your childhood friend and you've been hanging around them a lot and they're basically your other main info about the Abyss, but becoming a hired underling with obligations and shit is really really annoying. He's a natural ability user, and an incredibly unique one at that. He could do MUCH better if he wanted to, and he's joining the group in basically blind faith. Not very smart if you ask me. And that title... sigh.

I still love all things Lolikiano and the manhwa in general, but the middle part of it was a lot better than what we've been having recently, imo.

19. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    We finally get a good look on Harem King, and a relative measure of his strength by comparison. He looks very, very young, so I have no clue what his relation to Jee Han might be.

Jee Han is training in some melee combat, which can only mean some good things. Variation, for example. Seeing him spam magic arrows can get boring after a while.

20. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Updated, 2 months later.

What's this? Gnome is evolving!