1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Hearts of the Suffering by Arashi Lionheart - M - Fate/Stay Night

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by BTT, May 24, 2016.

1. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Title: The Hearts of the Suffering
    Author: Arashi Lionheart
    Rating: M

As of 24/05/16:
    Chapters: 21
    Words: 111k
    Updated: 24/05/16
    Published: 24/01/15

Summary: Ten years after the Fifth Heaven's Feel, Waver Velvet, Rin Tohsaka, and their allies seek to dismantle the Greater Grail for good. Post-Fate.

Links: FFN, Beast's Lair

I can't quite recall if it was said in F/SN, Zero, or in some other material, but in any case Nasu revealed that, some time after canon, Waver and Rin end up dismantling the Holy Grail.

This story is how that happened, basically. Along the way, it adds in a version of a Holy Grail War I haven't seen before, where the main characters actively try to stop it from occurring.

The summary lists Waver and Rin as main characters, but the main focus is mostly on Shirou and Saber. Characters from spinoffs show up, but no knowledge of those is necessary to enjoy the fic.

My only real criticism with this story is that it sometimes feels a little too ambitious - all characters have their own entourage and subplots, and with the languid update pace the author writes at it gets hard to remember who's who, exactly.

Still, I think this is 4/5 material, without a doubt.

2. Myrrdin Emrys

Myrrdin Emrys Disappeared

High Score:
    Prose is decent, grammar is fine, and I can't see more than a few more mistakes here and there, so from the technical point of view, it's pretty good.

The content is pretty sound for a fanfiction, and I feel as if the rate at which the story updates itself is pretty derailing from the overall reading of the story; i.e. one forgets as to what happened in the last chapter and some may loose interest.

I'll post a full review sometime in the future.

4/5.

3. fire

fire Order Member

Arashi Leonheart is an excellent writer, and this story is almost certainly well worth reading, though personally I would prefer to wait till it's done (in 3 years maybe...).