1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Reliquary by Sharper than the Sword - T - Zelda

Discussion in 'Games' started by AlphaMagnum, Oct 13, 2012.

1. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum Squib

Title: The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Reliquary
    Author: Sharper than the Sword
    Rating: Fiction T
    Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
    Fandom: Zelda multiverse
    Pairings: None specified
    Summary: This is not the Hyrule you know. An ageless Princess rules from cold spires high above, a dark horror stalks the nights, a small band of rebels fights for the people, and a ruthless warrior named Ganondorf thirsts for the blood of nobles.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5444766/1/

This one is nearing completion; the author indicated that there are only a few chapters left. For Zelda fans it's kind of like an AU homecoming, where all your favorite characters show up in various, often unfamiliar, roles. You don't need a background in Zelda to enjoy it, but I feel that having played the games added a nostalgia factor to this story which made it much more enjoyable.

The plot is interesting and takes you in unexpected directions, but the author makes sure that Link remains Link at his core, something that DLP likes in its protagonists. The primary characters (Link/Zelda/Ganondorf/Midna) are reasonably well-fleshed out, and, seeing as the story revolves around them, I can't really complain about insufficient attention paid to anyone else.

In any case, it's well-written and definitely one of the best LoZ fics I've seen, so a solid 4/5 from me. Take a look; you might be pleasantly surprised!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2012
  2. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Wow, dude. Niiiice. Pasting the link to Sleeping with Girls, but displaying the correct link. Thats a new one. Verify your links next time...

3. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum Squib

Now I feel stupid. I could've sworn I did this right. Thanks for the heads up; I'll be more careful next time. At the very least I'm glad that my search-fu was successful and this story hasn't been on DLP before. Did you check it out, despite my error?

4. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I enjoyed what was posted so far, although posting it just a few chapters away from being finished, and on such a cliffhanger...

5. Antivash

Been meaning to since I corrected it, but haven't really had much time to do so. I was actually just talking about needing more Zelda crap in IRC.

Had an desire for Link/Midna (In her true form, not the imp thing...), but cant find anything really decent.

6. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum Squib

I won't spoil anything specific but I will say that I didn't notice any real inclinations toward romance for the vast majority of what's been written so far. But I'm guessing you're not looking for WAFF or anything so this could satisfy your craving all the same.

7. Antivash

It... is an interesting read, I will admit. The differences between the series and this are.. vastly apparent and immediately noticeable. Not a bad thing, but certainly not what I was expecting.

The writing itself... Is fairly awesome, actually. As far as plot and what not, I'm not too far in, but I'd recommend it to anyone interested in Zelda, canon fan or not.

8. Jester

Jester Seventh Year DLP Supporter

This gives me odd feelings as a Zelda fan... I will continue reading as it seems interesting but I keep getting these weird shudders.

9. Antivash

Yeah. Iunno... Zelda comes off as less Zelda and more Fem!Ganondorf.

The weirdest thing for me about the entire thing is what both interests me and makes me want to trash it:

Its like those stories where the characters from X-fandom are just regular high-school kids with all their cliques. Except that the changes aren't that drastic, and its actually kind of interesting.

10. AlphaMagnum

AlphaMagnum Squib

This story is now complete. I definitely enjoyed the ride, though the gap between chapters was a little long at times. Certainly worth a re-read in any case. I still feel that it's a 4/5, now that it's over.