1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Minister by Android Knight 47 - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by CosmosGravitation, Jul 2, 2007.

1. CosmosGravitation

CosmosGravitation Professor

Title: The Minister
    Author: Android Knight 47
    Rating: T
    Genre: General/Drama
    Pairing: Looks like HP/female BZ
    Chapters: 2
    Words: 10,925
    Updated: July 26, 2007
    Published: June 26, 2007

Summary: AU. Slytherin Raised!HP. At age 23, the charming Mister Potter figures to be the youngest Minister in history. Read as he deals with political intrigue, an arranged marriage and rumors of a dark resurgence.
    Link: FF.net link

Only one chapter so far, but it has the makings of a top notch story. My only complaint is I noticed a few minor grammar errors. Nothing major, and I still found the writing to be both coherent and engaging.

Looking forward to seeing Harry's POV in the future. At this point, I'd give it a 4/5... might go higher later depending upon future chapters.

Checked by Minion, March 29, 2013

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
  2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Agreed. Great start, very minor errors if any, flowing writing style and certainly interesting. Been awhile since I've read a political story. Didn't think I'd ever really get to read one again.

I look forward to more.

3. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

One of the more original fics I have read in a while, it's like a breath of fresh air. You don't see many well written political fics because most people don't know shit about politics. I am truly looking forward to the later chapters.

4. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

I read it earlier and really liked it. Some things were left unexplained but I trust the author to write abut it in the next chapters. In the mean time it is very interesting to read about Harry Potter as the Minister of Magic. I craved for story like this for ages.

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

This is good. Very promising, mistakes are not really noticeable, and it entertained me for the time I was reading it.

6. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

well, at last an original story. it is written well and the politics involved in it is not confusing. i wait impatiently for Harry's POV in the story.

7. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I liked it.

She definitely has potential. Her writing style is fluid and transparent, the way it should be.

5/5

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Too early to tell for me. The author admits this first chapter is a bit different as the rest are going to be much more Harry-centric and with a fair amount of action to go with the politics.

I'll admit there's promise. I just have no interest in reading this if Lucius Fucking Malfoy had as significant a role as Albus seemed to imply. I know, I'm close-minded and bigoted. I just can't stomach any gay-ass twists on 'redeeming' that gay-ass mother-fucking cock-chugging poofter-ass son of a bitch. On occasion I can turn a blind eye to a redeemed!Snape. Even a redeemed!Draco or two has slipped past my defenses. But I'd rather read this with Harry-slash than any sort of Lucius-as-influence fic. That's just me though.

And I worry that this may be too daunting a fic for someone's first attempt. It feels like the odds of abandonment are higher than usual because the complexity of the politics will just grow and grow.

But there's definite promise.

Anyone know if the author changed their name? I read this a few days back but I don't remember the name "Android Knight 47" at all.

9. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Retired Staff

That rant gets a 5/5 from me, seriously. I am surprised though that you can even handle redeemed! Snape over Malfoy sr, though I do sort of see your point.

At any rate. I really liked this first chapter. Got a little out of hand and left a massive review. What got me about this was characterization, usually given in small ways but giving a greater depth than time spent on it.

I am as a rule against political fics, but I am sticking with this one for quality of writing for now.

10. Kate

Kate Elite Member DLP Supporter

For the most part I agree with you, But all other stories where Lucius has mentored Harry, Harry has become Draco nr. 2, the two of the running about, being best friends in the whole world, both with the same fangirl impression of Draco's attitude. It's like OMG now we suddenly have two Dracy-Poohs to ruin every shred of chance the story had to become readable.

But in this Harry can't stand Draco, and Dumbledore don't think Lucius is good, which gives me hope that the author is going to make a good characterization of Lucius (no 'I was just a spy' or 'I did it for my family'), and good interaction between Lucius and Harry.

11. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Even with one chapter I found this fic refreshing, at least so far it doesn't seem like the usual all-powerful Harry becomes bad ass minister. This actually looks like he will win in a fair way. And I am always in favor of female Blaise.
    Whats little clout I have I give it in favor of this.

12. ValdTheSpanker

ValdTheSpanker Squib

You'll hear no major complaints from me on this fic so far; this style of story (namely political!harry) is right up my alley. I enjoy how the dialogue flows between characters and the depth of character that we can see in Harry so far even though he hasn't made an appearance yet. I'm rather interested to see where Knight takes the political world of Harry Potter. So far it sounds as if it will be a lot like the British Parliament, but it may be to early to tell.

However, I happen to incline myself toward Nonjon's thinking on this one. It would vastly detrimental this story if a guy who spends longer than two minutes each morning perking his hair has control. Given how original this story has started off as, though, I find it hard to believe that it would fall into cliché so quickly as to have a good!malfoy character... hopefully

Here's to looking forward to my type of fic.

13. Draken

Draken Guest

good read

One of the few times ive ever read a story thats only one chapter(dont much care for one shots). The premise of the story shows great promise the authors suprising useage of a possibly "redeemed" Lucius is suprising I dont thing ive ever seen him used like that. The way she has harry playing the field makes me unsure if hes screwing his house or the people if hes truly playing a part in a well rehersed play or if hes truly out for the people truly a worthy Slytherin havent yet seen harrys pov so i dont know for sure yet if im going to like this story fully but it does indeed show great promise. Heck even scored bonus points by harry scoring Fem! Blaise as a bride. 4.5/5 so far i may be overrating it but it does have great appeal to me so far.

(Sorry i normally run my stuff through a spell check because i type to fast to spell correctly most of the time)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2007
  14. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First off, Draken, you spelled Lucius with an 'o'. Major bad thing to do.

For the story, I thought it was awesome. Well, as awesome as a first chapter could be. I'm a big fan of political Harry so that's up like two points. Writing was also fantastic, though I noticed that the guy has problems with putting quotations marks at the end of a paragraph when he's continuing the speech in the next. Besides that, great.

15. Lorelei of the Sea

Lorelei of the Sea Unspeakable

I loved this story. Dumbledore was really IC, which is really rare when Harry is a Slytherin. I am very curious to know more about the Wizarding political world. And the Weasley scene amused me.

5/5. Hopefully she won't screw it up.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

*winces.* horrible choice of wording.

Fem!Blaise makes any story insta-win aslong as it isn't inherently full of bullshit.

The first chapter gets a 3/5, with the added bonus of Blaise it is knocked up to 4/5

17. Mr. Merriman

Mr. Merriman Groundskeeper

See. now I was perfectly prepared to dislike this story, but I found that it's actually quite good. It has much promise, and I will be very disappointed if it fails to live up to its potential. I withhold rating the entire fic for now, but the first chapter gets a ...

5/5

... for excellent characterization, good writing, natural exposition, and no unexplainable or blatantly obvious flaws.

18. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

I'm going to withhold any rating for now. The fem!Blaise annoys me as the character is male, but I can get past it. The whole "Lucius was Harry's mentor even though Harry hated Draco" is utter crap. The story on the whole looks good even if the whole political!slytherin!Harry thing is used and abused. Once a few more chapters are up and the writing on the wall is a bit more clear I'll toss a rating up.

Amen! Preach it!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  19. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

Actually the Lucius training Harry is quote a good twist. But courting him? Now that just sounds weird. The Fem!Blaise gets a plus point from my side. But I'll reserve the rating till I see where the Author is going with this.

20. BlitzkriegAngel

BlitzkriegAngel Vayash Moru DLP Supporter

Great start so far. I rather like the Dumbledore explanation and so on. I expect good things from this author.