1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Minister's Son by Inibaz aka Master Slytherin - T

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by Skeletaure, Aug 10, 2009.

1. harrypotter

harrypotter Backtraced

This story was very good, though it's been a long time since the author updated. I wonder what the pairing will be, I have my fingers crossed for Harry/Fleur.

(Correction) It was updated a few days ago, I have no idea why I never got an Email notification about it. Sorry everyone, my bad! won't happen again.... I hope.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  2. Nukular Winter

Nukular Winter The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Pretty sure it was updated, like, yesterday.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It updated yesterday, and before that about 4 days prior, and before that it was published on the 5th (chapter 1 and 2 were uploaded on the same day).

The fic as a whole is 12 days old and has 4 chapters.

You are a moron. You're also pretty retarded for the Harry/Fleur comment. Fleur hasn't been mentioned at all in the story. What could possibly make you think it's Harry/Fleur?

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  4. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Five bucks say this is royalduke under another name. We'll find out when he starts :banana:the fuck out of the :banana:.

*waits for rage by Vash*

5. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Eh, new chapter not as great in my opinion... Fudge taking Harry to Azkaban just for a photo-op? Seems pretty flimsy to me, especially given the reaction Mrs. Fudge has to it... like, isn't the minister supposed to be kind of politically savvy? I just didn't really buy it. I kind of hope the whole situation was a cover up for something else--I mean, why did Fudge just appear in the middle of the field all of a sudden? And what were they doing going to Azkaban in the first place? Crossing my fingers here...

6. Trulle

Trulle Second Year DLP Supporter

Intrigued, at the moment.
    4/5, eager for more.

7. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

It was decent enough. A little boring and cliche here and there be very readable 3.5/5

8. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I enjoyed it. Barely.

The author seems to subscribe to the "I'll show everything with dialogue." school of thought. There are more " marks than descriptions.

9. Verse of Darkness

Verse of Darkness Denarii Host

Atleas the author didn't try to make Harry and Draco all buddy buddy...

And now Sirius Black is on the loose.

I'll give it a 3/5, just because we are in the beginning of the story.

10. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Oh, I like this.

Original, well-written, appealing to personal likings. This hits all the right spots. I love the premise (Harry growing up in a pureblood-home I can read anytime), even better that it's done in a way that actually makes sense, plus there's the People's Wand, which makes for an interesting plot.

NW commented on the OC's, but given the job the author has done with Nicole Fudge, I'm actually looking forward to any more OC's that might come. She's by far my favourite character here at the moment. I'm eager to get to know more about her, she had this interesting slip of the tongue, when she told Harry about the killings of the Death Eaters -- and said she had "seen" them do it many times.

Was she somehow involved? Is that what she means in the last chapter, when she says, "he forgets what I can do, what I have done. They all have."?

^

One thing I'm not quite certain of -- Draco said they would be the first to go to Hogwarts without the "Mudbloods": does that mean Fudge got an legislation through in that regard, and that there will be NO HERMIONE?

I'd love the author forever. Or, with Sam Cooke, "What a wonderful woooorld this would beeeee ..."

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  11. Hugo

Hugo Second Year

A fic like that already happened. I don't know if it was posted on fanfiction though. I think it was on patronuscharm.net? If I find the link, then I will definately send it to you.

---------- Post automerged at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

As far as the story goes, it is a good read. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a GEM just based on the first few chapters but so far, it looks to be decent. Glad he didn't go for the clichés though. 3.5/5 so far...

12. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

3/5 for me. It has some interesting concepts and shows promise, but right now I can't really get into it and find myself skimming through it.

13. Tidus86p

Tidus86p Second Year

Better yet, did you see the part where she says: "None of us knew he had another, but he was a Death Eater...” Well, I guess that settles her part in the first war pretty crearly.
    3.5/5 for me.

14. Goddessa39

Goddessa39 DA Member

Saw the idea and almost immediatly did not want to bother with it. Then I thought I was maybe being hasty so I glanced over some of the ratings here. It must be pretty damn good. So, I tried it and NAH! Lucius near Fudge, Harry letting anyone in the house who says they are wizards@ Urg.

But maybe I'll go back when I'm feeling generous... or at least not so friggin tired.

15. Stan

Stan Order Member

Well, this updated, after what -- six years? Meh Chapter, most of it being the cliche wand scene with Ollivander. Still, it's good to see Master Slytherin get back to writing.

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Huh, Inibaz was a pseudonym? Never got that.

17. newageofpower

newageofpower Professor DLP Supporter

Ah. I did like "What Lies Beneath"

I will be giving this a spin.

18. warner

warner Disappeared

High Score:
    This is a really, really interesting premise. The idea of a pro muggleborn terrorist faction is something that really should be done more often given their horrendous treatment, but it sadly is not the case. Given it's been years since the last update I assume MS abandoned this, but I implore MS to reconsider that decision. 5/5.

19. Priimecrimana13

Priimecrimana13 Muggle

High Score:
    5/5 for me I love the idea of Fudge adopting Harry and i can't wait to see how Harry will develop as a person so I hope that the author starts updating again.