1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Mob Doctor

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Infidel, Sep 21, 2012.

1. Infidel

Infidel Auror

Summary: A young thoracic surgeon becomes indebted to the South Chicago mafia and is forced to moonlight as a mob doctor, while also working full time at Chicago's most prominent hospital

Started on 21 September 2012. I just watched the pilot. It was a decent start. The show promises to have lots of moral dilemmas. It might be interesting to see how the good doctor takes care of interesting cases involving the mafia.

Your thoughts?

2. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Cool start: pulling a screwdriver driver out of a guy's skull.

Show could be awesome if it continues like this. And moral dilemmas :awesome

3. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

Heard it sucked hard. Figured I'd give it half a season - full season, see if it gets picked up for season two and then maybe tune in.

Not one to trust others, but I'll usually only watch a show in it's first season if everyone seems to love it.

4. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

Right, I've just watched the first two episodes and so far I've found it to be a solid 7/10, with my hopes for the series to get even better.

There were a few hilarious moments (for example the first minute of the pilot episode) and it appears that every episode will have our doctor doing a case for the mob and another one or two at the hospital. In the meantime she has to deal with her boyfriend (also a doctor), her mother, her younger brother (who's the reason for her current double occupation) and finally the mob.

I like the conflict side (and moral dilemmas) the most in this series - how her sort of double life makes problems for her, how she has to maneuver around her coworkers and family (including boyfriend) as well as some hospital rules. However I've got this feeling that the main character is a bit inconsistent - she's described as an over-emphatic person, yet most of the time she acts distant and detached from her surroundings (maybe it's due to her constant dealings with the mob people).

Finally, there's the subplot concerning her childhood and her father - how it all shaped her as well as how it all seems to be interlaced.

All in all, I'm keeping this series on the to-watch list.

5. Nooblet

Nooblet Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Haven't watched it, but the show is pretty much DOA. Terrible ratings out of the gate, FOX isn't keeping it around.