1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Orbs of Arastani by beanball - M (Dragon Age: Origins)

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Matian, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Title: The Orbs of Arastani by beanball
    Rating: Mature
    Genre: Fantasy/Adventure
    DLP Category: Other Fandoms
    Pairing: Male!Cousland/Morrigan
    Summary: Taking place after the defeat of the darkspawn, a distracted Grey Warden finds he must embark on a quest to put the pieces of his life in place and save himself. He must search for her. He must find her. But even if he succeeds..then what?
    Link: The Orbs of Arastani

There are spoilers from the game in the story, of course.

- - - - -

I really like this story. It deals with the aftermath of the game and the choices of a "light sided" Grey Warden, with Morrigan as a love interest, and who chose to impregnate her in the end to save his own soul.

Morrigan is, among others, extremely well written. The author has caught all of her jealousy and cruelty, and has written her into a very complicated person, which sometimes comes to show through humorous scenes (her "nightmare" in particular made me roll on the floor, holding my sides from laughter). Everything I loved about Morrigan from the game is in the story.

There are the occasional spelling errors, but nothing that annoyed me, at any rate.

The action could probably do with some more flair, likewise could the more "dramatic" scenes.

Lastly, like all Dragon Age fics I've read so far, the Warden has a silly first name. In this one he's named Dwemer...

4/5

- - - - -

An excerpt from the story:

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  2. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Fairly amusing, though 'tis a bit ...languid. (How's my Morrigan impression?)

The conflict is lacking. It doesn't really feel like Cousland is ever in any danger and that everyone is stupidly prancing about when they could be doing something.

3.5/5

3. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Apologies for double post.

Story's finished. Let's decide whether to recycle this guys :9

4. Matian

Matian Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Just an update (for some much craved attention):

Like Chime?? said, beanball finished the story. It's a good story and I think, anyone who's ever done a male Cousland/Morrigan playthrough, absolutely have to read it.

beanball recently begun a sequel to Orbs of Arastani:

Black Warden
    The sequel to Orbs of Arastani. The Warden and his witch try to make a life together, but the Order of Blood and Silas, a former protege of The Warden, have other ideas. Can The Warden stop this new cult before its grasp spreads to all of Ferelden?

It quite decent, albeit somewhat fluffy.