1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Pure Blood Princess by TheEndless7 - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Cas, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Rache

Rache Headmaster

The latest chapter is surprisingly good. By good, I mean better than before. My rating just went from 3/5 to 3.5/5.

2. Rakkety Tam

Rakkety Tam High Inquisitor

I feel like the last chapter wasn't that great. The author isn't that familiar with sex from what I can tell.

3. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Huh. Anything more explicit than that smut scene and ff.net moderators remove the story.

Thumbs down to the moderators.

4. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

I didn't think it was too bad tbh. As said above anything more graphic and the ff. Net mods would remove it.

It will be interesting to see whether Harry tells Daphne about him taking Felix Felicis and how she reacts to it.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  5. Rache

Rache Headmaster

@PlutoGoU. Yeah. Felix Felicis however lived up to it's reputation. Regular canon would never 'pluck her flower'. So, yeah. Even though the effects lessened as the time went on, the night was pretty much a success in Harry's POV.

6. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

It got updated. Is anyone still following this? I peeked at it, got annoyed at all the sighing (37 times in that chapter), and wtf is with that action scene at the end o_O

Talk about out of the blue. They walk down a random corridor, and suddenly the fighting starts. Was there any hint that something like that was coming which I missed, because I skipped stuff -- because the whole thing meanders more than the original Maeander River? :|

7. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No, I have no clue where that came from either.

8. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

I understand that the fight was trying to mimic Harry and Draco's duel in the bathroom. As in, some insults fly and it suddenly escalates rather quickly. Neither Harry nor Draco are famed for their patience and composure.
    An example could be their 'duel' in fourth year next to snape's class, where Harry spells Goyle with some harmless crap, as Hermione get's her teeth lengthened.

Now if either of them would use a stronger, potentially dangerous spell, it would escalate. Especially with few witnesses.

So for me, that wasn't completely out of nowhere. But I can't say I expected that.

It is not a very good twist, in any case. But I kinda like the story, though. Still a 3, though.

9. Sn0rkack

Sn0rkack Professor

Wow, I just opened it up to the last chapter so far (16) and had to struggle through some sub-par dialogue. My attention span was already wavering towards the end and I was forced to nearly close it when Nott actually threatened Daphne with the dreaded pureblood marriage contract with Draco backing him up. The fight scene - if you can even call it that - was meh and Daphne proved worse in a fight than I'd thought she would. If you're spreading your legs for Harry Potter you better be able to defend yourself from a cutting curse - at least Ginny had some use in a fight.

10. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Just updated. The author claims that the story is completed and that the epilogue is pending.

11. T3t

High Score:
    What a pointless waste of space this story turned out to be. Ugh. Can't imagine a single possibility for the last chapter(s) to redeem it, short of "rocks fall, everyone dies".

12. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I'm assuming that by 'has it finished' he means that he's written all the chapters, but hasn't posted them. This would be an incredibly confusing place to end otherwise.

13. Rache

Rache Headmaster

"On a story related note, this story is finished. The final bits are going through the beta process and will be posted when I receive them back."

He certainly made it sound that only a chapter is left before the story is marked complete. What a crappy way to end a story.

2/5.

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

It's official DLP'ers. The author replied to my PM on ffn.net. He/She claims that the story is complete and that there is only a chapter before the story ends and I am lost for words.

What a complete waste of space in the Recycling Bin......:p

14. Cas

Cas Slug Club Member

I don't see how this can be ended in a half decent way in just one more chapter? ?

Oh well it wasn't the worst thing I've ever read. Will give final rating when completed.

15. T3t

High Score:
    Wow, my prediction was almost right.

Still trash, though. Seriously, what the fuck.

16. Rache

Rache Headmaster

A sequel perhaps..........

17. Sesc

Well. That is not, of course, an end. I mean, it really isn't -- you can end a story happy or with a death, but not with what in every other chapter except the end would be a cliff-hanger. That's just nonsense.

That aside, I felt the familiar annoyance at Snape and Draco escaping, though here, they managed to make that quite a bit worse, because of the attack in the corridor* and Draco landing a hit while Harry doesn't. Gah.

Is there even a story that uses Harry killing Snape and/or Draco as a point of divergence? If so, I want to read that now. All in all, I think the best news of the day is that they can now focus on The Dark in Peace, which is ridiculously superior to this story.

*I still haven't gotten over that. Especially not as Harry (or Daphne) confirmed they were walking randomly through the castle, without any clear destination, so it couldn't have been a planned attack. Draco and Theodor decided suddenly to throw spells. What in the fuck.

18. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Well Sesc, there 'The Unforgiving Minute' by VoTN where Harry kills Snape.

19. Sesc

Ha, that's right. I knew I remembered it from somewhere. I'll go re-read that scene right away to feel better.

As an aside, I had a look at the reviews of the last chapter here, and wtf at 99% of all people missing the point. The problem is not that Daphne died at the end, it's that we don't know if she died. It's left unclear. Imagine ending HBP in the middle of the Draco-Dumbledore stand-off at the tower.

Does that look even remotely like something of an acceptable end? And this chapter is exactly like that.

20. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Well, I PM'ed the author and got the reply.

"No, I don't write sequels to my stories and The Pure Blood Princess' is finished".

Seriously, WTF?