1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Rare Fanfic Society

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I'm looking for an archive of Technomagus by Esama. Felt like reading it today, but obviously can't find it on the net anymore since the author deleted everything associated with it because of hate/flame.

2. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If I can find it in 5 seconds on Google [it's the second result], then you didn't even try.

3. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

To be honest I did looked up Google first. Wrong choices of words (Harry Potter, fan fiction, Technomagus and Esama) could only lead me to website recc'ing the actual fanfiction.net url.

But thanks all the same!

EDIT: Apparently I need to pay to register to this shitty website to download the archive. Anyone got a way around that?

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/8869281...utm_content=downloadeddoc&utm_campaign=newreg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  4. yak

5. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

Yep, that's what I found following your previous post, but like I said I can't actually download it. You need to register for that and it's like 10$/month. I was simply wondering if there was another way to get it.

6. yhtomitrebo

yhtomitrebo Second Year

Some sleuthing led me to esama's yahoo group. According to a post on deviant art esama keeps a copy of Technomagus in the group (as of july 2011). Anyway, here a link to the yahoo group.
    link

7. yak

You can read Docstoc stuff on their website for free. And nothing stops you from copypasting it if you insist on storing a local copy.

8. Hawkin

Hawkin Chief Warlock

I wanted a copy to be able to read it on my iPhone when I was working. No wifi where I work and nothing to do either! But apparently, when you open pdf viewer on a webpage, it ask you if you want to view it in iBook instead. So now I got the pdf on my iPhone!

Thank you.

9. kingmonkeyd

kingmonkeyd First Year DLP Supporter

I was looking through my files and happened to come across a copy of Chaos Soldier. I'm fairly certain that it has all the snippets.

Attached Files:

10. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's the FFN version. I am mildly disappointed, but still glad that we've got this much of it saved.

11. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

y u so awesome? :awesome

12. Styx0444

Styx0444 Minister of Magic

I really doubt it, but does anyone have any of mycookienotyours's stuff? He took it all down years ago, and I never got around to saving a copy. He wrote Teen Titans crack fics mostly, though he also did a Star Ocean fic called 'Young Love Isn't Easy.'

Guilty pleasure quality at best, but they were some of the first fanfiction I read.

13. Sauce Bauss

High Score:
    Courtesy of @Warlocke, we now have an uncensored copy of Thalarian's Queens of Darkness, Ladies of Light.

For those who had expressed an interest previously, https://app.box.com/s/bqdgkda4o5p71233phnesbe0sz1fdfmt

Many thanks to Warlocke, although I will say that a lot less had been removed than I'd thought. Still, there were a fair number of people who had expressed an interest in the uncensored version. Apologies for anyone I've unintentionally tagged or forgotten.

@Tasoli @T3t @yak @Lamora @knight504 @Rapscallion @Reza @Styx0444 @Zyloch @Celestin @Gizmore @Chime @Andro

EDIT: A few names didn't tag properly, so I removed them.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Added that to the story thread in the library since the Ficwad version has been broken forever.

15. Peace

Peace High Inquisitor

Speaking as the author they really weren't any good. In fact, I still feel a vague sense of embarrassment when I think about how bad they were.

I took them down years ago and, to the best of knowledge, I don't have a copy anywhere. Sorry CBH.

16. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

Looking for 2x fics if anyone can help:-

1. No Strings Attached by pudgypudge - A Puppeteer!Naruto fic.
    and
    2. Fallen From Grace: The Story of Ryan Walters by hammerathogwarts - Lost fanfic about an OC survivor.

17. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I'm looking for Transistor by Chris Myers. It was a Spider-Man fic, a sequel to his story Polarity. He pulled it down due to not being satisfied with it, and won't be putting it back up.

18. Corvus Black

Corvus Black Professor

19. Sauce Bauss

High Score:
    As far as No Strings Attached goes, sorry. I had a copy of it archived at one point, but I decided that I didn't like it enough to bother holding onto it.

20. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Does anyone have a copy of "Traitorous" by La Flamata or that story by RainingInk (I can't remember the name).