1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Secret Diary of Cameron Baum by Pjazz - K+ - TSCC

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Cxjenious, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Title: The Secret Diary of Cameron Baum
    Author: Pjazz
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Humor/Drama
    Fandom: Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
    Pairings: Cameron/John (for the most part)
    Summary: Cameron keeps a secret and personal diary of her activities.
    Link: Secret Diary

I looked for this in the library, and I searched for it, but I couldn't find it. It could very well be in the library though; myself and the search function don't really get along.

Anyway, this is fucking golden. Cameron is hilarious, and that's not just the weed talking. Since you don't see much of Sarah Connor, her acceptance of Cameron and John in the mid/later chapters seems almost ooc, but considering the circumstances and what's happened between the three of them, it fits. It doesn't really follow the storyline of the TV show, though. I'm currently about 40 chapters in, and I give it a 5/5. I haven't read many Terminator fics, but this one is pretty much perfect.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2013
  2. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

So I've just read the first ten chapters and I've enjoyed it for the most part. As you said, Cameron is extremely funny and the whole diary format works pretty well in this case.

The biggest problem is how ridiculous a lot of what happens is. Like the whole Dinobot thing, the trip to Vegas, the ghost of Christmas thing, etc. Yes, it's funny but the way most of the characters act can be somewhat off putting (Louise and Becca being the biggest suspects here). This is only ten chapter in so I'm not sure whether it gets better or worse though.

The vast majority of the time it's funny enough I don't really mind though. 4/5.

3. kostigan

kostigan Temporarily Banhammered

Somewhere in the mountains of the Balkan peninsula
    Just thought about about posting this story here and then someone do it before me. Anyway, good taste man.

About the story, it's good. Start's kinda like a serie of lightheaded one-shots then gets some resemblance to plot. Pretty funny, especially those first 20-30 chapters. I'm not sure it's going anywhere but still enjoyable enough. 4.5/5

4. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

A solid, humorous and predominantly lighthearted read. It got a lot of smiles out of me which isn't something I can often say.

4/5

5. Fatality

Fatality Order Member

So I've since finished what has been written of the story and a lot of what I didn't like in the early chapters was improved on. It's still pretty out there but generally not nearly as bad as some of the antics in the earlier chapters (the talking dog is pretty bad though, but that hasn't been happening as much lately). I'd definitely agree with Kostigan that the plot improves as the story goes on.

Upgrading my rating to 5/5. One of the funniest stories I've read in quite a while.